Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HamzaTR

Shia Support For Palestinians: Debate

Rate this topic

Even if the situation was reversed, Palestine was a major power who was destroying innocent jewish homes and killing people. We, as Shi'as would stand against oppression and boycott Palestine completely. Even if Palestine hates us and wants us dead, We as Shi'as stand with them for justice and mercy. It is the message of the Household(a.s) which we live for and will die for when Allah(swt) gives us leave to do so. Stand strong, brothers.

Hamas is not the only resistance group and Iran and Syria are not supporting them anymore since spring 2011.

Are there any other groups that Iran/Syria do support?

Someone told me the Qassam Brigade are a Shia group fighting in Palestine. But I cannot seem to find any info on that. Just found that Qassam Brigade is the military wing of Hamas, which most likely wouldn't make them Shia in faith.

Do you have a link backing the Iranian/Syrian support ended in spring 2011?

Thanks

Edited by Jaane Ya Ali

Salam

Iran cut their support immediately after the conflicht in Syria. Hamas closed their office in Damaskus and opened a new one in Doha and got sponsored from Qatar.Now they got money from nowhere and try not to disappear from the scene.And they are asking now for help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10091629/Iran-cuts-Hamas-funding-over-Syria.html

Islamic Jihad gets support from Iran since the '80 and are loyal to Iran.

Very good, this opened my eyes a bit more. Your enemy's enemy is your friend, but here Hamas and Israel are on the same side, different names and locations. Hamas attacks on Israel its like a kid wants to fight a bull. Hamas is set up by Mossad, 100%, to be a provoker and to have a justification for Israel's bombings. Hamas attacked us, we respond. Yeah yeah, When you dont have the power to fight then dont provoke them. Hamas is controlled by Israel, how simple is that.

(bismillah)

(Salam)

Although there are many valid points in your post, the part where we disagree is your stance on Israel.

Seeing it as an 'enemy's enemy' is extremely naive. The same Israelis were on the same side as Hamas, ISIS, Saudi, and many others during the conflict in Syria. They fear the Shi'a in the region much more than they do the Sunnis (who are mainly their allies) and cannot be our friends or allies in any circumstance.

The other points you make are valid and correct.

Wallahu A'lam

What will happen once israel is done with palestine? When both the west bank and gaza are gone and filled with settlements? 

My guess: They will go into Jordan, Lebanon, or Syria and slowly take over those countries one by one. Little by little. 

Salam
Iran cut their support immediately after the conflicht in Syria. Hamas closed their office in Damaskus and opened a new one in Doha and got sponsored from Qatar.Now they got money from nowhere and try not to disappear from the scene.And they are asking now for help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10091629/Iran-cuts-Hamas-funding-over-Syria.html

Islamic Jihad gets support from Iran since the '80 and are loyal to Iran.

Walekum Assalaam,

Thanks for this. Although it seems Iran has/is resuming Hamas funding again:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/09/hamas-iran-rebuild-ties-falling-out-syria

(bismillah)

(salam)

Although there are many valid points in your post, the part where we disagree is your stance on Israel.

Seeing it as an 'enemy's enemy' is extremely naive. The same Israelis were on the same side as Hamas, ISIS, Saudi, and many others during the conflict in Syria. They fear the Shi'a in the region much more than they do the Sunnis (who are mainly their allies) and cannot be our friends or allies in any circumstance.

The other points you make are valid and correct.

Wallahu A'lam

Walekum Assalaam,

If you see in my op, I was referring to the action being in favour of us. With one Satan fighting another, this is a Shia friendly action, as it is in favour of us (with exception to the collateral damage, which is an unfortunate reality in any conflict). I wouldn't consider the Israeli Jews a friend. Neither would I consider the takfiri a friend. But you find Iran and Hamas working together to fight Israel. It's all to do with fighting the common enemy. This explains why Israel has so many takfiri allies when it comes to tackling Iran.

Yes, maybe Israel does fear the Shia more. I vaguely remember an Israeli figurehead saying that Israel doesn't like the level of certainty that comes out of Iran. Whether this is anything to do with the Shia belief of Imam Zamaan [atfs] returning, remains to be seen. Or perhaps they fear Iran more rather than the Shia entity. With all the war and wipe of the map rhetoric that comes out of Iran, it makes sense. Israel too is working towards the return of their messiah. Iran and it's nuclear ambition could be seen as a threat to that plan {1}. Does Israel show any aggression whether in words or actions against IraQ? They too are Shia in power, though war torn and weak. Maybe this is why Israel doesn't see Iraq as a threat. My point being, Israel is more worried about its enemy's strength and power rather than their faith. However, when it comes to the takfiri. You can forget about fear, they have absolute hatred for Shia because of the Shia faith. They killed our Ahlulbayt [a] and they kill us whenever and wherever they find us. I couldn't consider a friendship with the takfiri either. Alas, you find Iran working with the takfiri [Hamas, Turkey{2} despite Turkey's stance in Syria].

Everyone is just using each other. Hamas is using Iran, Iran is using Hamas. Israel is using the takfiri, they are using Israel. No one is friend of another. It's all about fighting the common enemy and leeching on each other's favours.

{1} http://www.israeltoday.co.il/tabid/178/nid/23021/language/en-US/Default.aspx

{2} http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/06/iran-turkey-unlikely-duo-amid-re-20146166750259170.html

{2} http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2014/06/13/What-s-behind-Turkey-and-Iran-s-strategic-friendship-.html

Fi amanillah

Salam

That is what wrote.... in recent months, since Hamas is getting money from nowhere, they are begging Iran for help.But till now there is no support because Hamas does not agree to the conditions that Iran demands.They demand to stop working with Takfiri groups.As long as they don't agree they won't get any support.Neither from Iran nor from Syria.That is the reason why they recently got united with Fatah, they have no choice, because they don't have money anymore.Qatar cut the money from Muslimbrothers and Hamas is the palestinian branch of Muslimbrothers.

Edited by mina313

The other thing that shocked me about this whole boycott calling. Coca cola appears often as a product to boycott as they fund Israel through trading. Funny thing was, I was in Iran back in April. Do you know what I saw? Coca Cola cans on sale with Farsi writing. I asked about it and was told there is a coca cola plant in Iran. Made and sold in Iran. Not an import.

the hope that eventually the Sunni world will see the Shi'ite stance against the West and Israel and be moved to accept them more

If this was the case then it wouldn't make sense. The Sunni world leaders have long been an ally of the West. Saud funded and supported the West in Iraq. Despite all the atrocities committed in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Palestine against the Sunni militants by the West, you find the Sunni world leaders don't even bat an eyelid. So if Shia Iran is trying to win Sunni leader love by speaking out against the West, then they are not thinking straight. Iran seems to only support allies in that little region surrounding Israel.

The lack of Shia support from Iran is troubling. But what troubles me the most, is Dajjal and his deception. I believe there is a lot more happening behind the scenes, particularly in the Shia world. You have Iran pushing their wilayat-e-faqih law, while Iraqi scholars as well as a group of scholars in Iran reject this. You have Iran trying to make political influence in Iraq and see Agha Sistani as a roadblock to that influence. Other Iraqi scholars have come out and said they've been a target of assassination, and believe Iran to be behind it due to their opposing to wilayat-e-faqih. Opposing scholars in Iran have been put under house arrest, oppressed and killed. This is what worries me the most. Enemy infiltration and hijacking in Shiaism.

Truth is, we don't know for sure who is in bed with each other. Who is serving who. How much of the world happenings we see on the news is just a front, a clever ploy to channel our thinking and support. Are all these wars and conflicts simply to cross borders and stealthily slip in another agenda? Is Iran truly serving the Shia faith, the Shia people, the Ahlulbayt [a]? Would Imam-e-Zamaan [atfs] be pleased with Iran? Would Imam [atfs] be happy with the implementation of wilayat-e-faqih? Many grand ayatollahs reject wilayat-e-faqih on the basis that there is no instruction from the Masoomeen [a] for such implementation. Wouldn't this make it an innovation? Is this a possible hijacking of Shiaism? A repeat of saqeefa? Are we Shia being deceived? Truly the age of deception. Shia have many enemies. The enemy within is the deadliest, most dangerous, and according to Imam Hassan Al Askari's narration, worse than Yazid [LA].

PS. Completely agree with serving justice, be it through sectarianism.

Hamas and others..... are our enemies... more than the Zionists. They are doing more harm to Shias than the Zionists. They are brutal, haters, dictators, sectarian, and mass-murderers when it comes to Shias or even in some cases to their own Sunnis. They are coward, they bow down and they are slaves to the powers, they worship money and wordly affairs when it comes to the Zionists and their little puppet Arab dictators.

These coward Palestinian groups repeatedly backstabbed Shias.... Hamas and Jihad got the fund and training from Iran and Lebanese Hizb... but then later they did not use those skills against Israel effectively... they used them against Hizb/Syria in Qusayr/Yabroud.

These Takfiri associated groups received place and aids from Syria for decades... BUT, Palestinian refugee camps were the turning point in the armed movements against the same Syrian government beginning 2011. Nobody was watching them while they ran their own stuffs in the camps around Damascus, and they used that trust to bring in thousands of Takfiris from around the world, in place Bandar's agenda in terms of weapons, intelligence, organization, bombing high and main targets and enabling their Takfiri brothers to ambush and expand their Takfiri networks.

I am not even going to start how Saddam worshipers these people are... how they praised Zarqawi for killing Shias, how they sided with Takfiris and declared Hizbullah as HizbulLat... and how Hamas PM went to Bahrain to kiss the feet of Ahle Khalifa... for zero interests.. without any benefit, just to express his hatreds towards Shia civilians and his submission towards the Gulf monarchies... who by the way view Hamas as terrorists and Ikhwan trouble makers within the same lines as west and as Israel.

Too bad women and children die in Gaza nowadays, but simply we cannot do anyting about it... every month thousands of Shias and other Muslims are being killed from Iraq to Yemen, from Bahrain to Syria, nobody even cares or count them... the number of Palestinians killed in the last 10 years does not exceed the number of Iraqis being killed just in one month of many-many brutal months in the last 10 years.

Edited by Noah-

Im curious to know, does Iran take in Palestinan refugees? If so why is it not brought up in public? I've never really heard about it in the media either. Including Presstv. Though I know Iran has given alot of Aid in the from of Necessary supplies and food. If Iran doesn't take them in, Why not? :)

Salam

Usually refugees of war go into the countries near by...like Jordan, Lebanon and Syria.Iran supports the resistance to help them get rid of the oppression and gain independance.It is better to fight for ur freedom in your country than fleeing.

Edited by mina313

Why the Shi'a Should Support Palestine

This is an essay from someone who for over ten years has struggled with the question of whether or not Shias should support the Palestinian plight. I have probably spent the vast majority of those years firmly believing that Palestinians should not be supported because 1) they are at best an ungrateful lot given all that Shias have done for them yet they have consistently sided with our enemies (e.g. Saddam) and 2) at worst, they fit the definition of what it means to be a Nāsibī or enemy of Ahl al-Bayt through their hatred of anything that is Shiʿi.  This does not mean that they all fall into this “either or” category, but despite some honorable exceptions that are not too few al hamdulilah, this is one observation in terms of how they have behaved – generally speaking – in the last few decades. One recent example of this problem can be found in the fact that Hamas under the leadership of Khaled Mishal and Ismail Haniya – despite all these years of support - betrayed and bit the hands of those Shias that were feeding them by not only siding with their enemies in Syria, but actually providing these enemies with critical military training that Shias initially taught them to begin with (among other tragedies, this resulted in the deaths of many mu’mineen in Qusayr that could have otherwise been prevented). Instead of apologizing, Ismail Haniya went ahead and stated that their position against Shias in Syria was “honorable”. Or consider how the secular version of Palestinians not only helped Saddam fight Iran in the 80s, but also invaded the homes of innocent Shias in southern Lebanon, killed their men and raped their women without ever offering them an apology (yet the leadership apologized to Kuwait for siding with Saddam against the country back in the 90s).

If our political matters were restricted to the above considerations only, it would be insane for anyone to even think of supporting them. In fact, it would probably be logical to ally oneself or at least remain neutral vis-à-vis Israel considering the chaos and treason that defines most Palestinian political movements.

This is how the story goes in the mind of many Shias today.

But I don’t think this is how the story should go nor should we let hatred fill our hearts and blind us to the greater picture (I will also make a point about stereotyping all of Palestinians towards the end of the essay.) What is this greater picture?

For decades, various leaders and despots have tried to capitalize the Palestinian cause for themselves, from Saddam to Ghaddafi to Hafez al-Assad (all despots). Why Palestine? I don’t think it’s just because they were Arab nationalists or else they would have done the same thing with Arabs in Khuzistan (although Saddam did, but it was nowhere near the passion that was shown that was shown for Palestine). Regardless, Turkish leaders like Erdogan or modernist Islamist ones like Muhammad Morsi have done the same. The case of Palestine has no comparison in the Muslim world, neither Kashmir nor Chechnya. As unfortunate as this may be, no case incites as much passion and political unity as Palestine does.

I have a few ideas as to why this is the case. The land of Palestine and its capital Jerusalem has had a special place in this world for thousands of years. It was important for the Persians and it was important for the Romans who ruled there before and after the time of Jesus (as). The land was of economic value as it connected Asia to Africa, but it was also a symbol of imperial prestige due to its cultural and religious heritage for many of the world religions (it has al-Aqsa, it is where the Prophet (s) ascended into heaven, burial site of Isa (as) and so on and so forth) This is why the crusades over a span of centuries were fought over control of that piece of land.

In modern times, after the advent of colonialism in the Middle East which changed the region forever, Palestine became the central point of contention between the oppressed, the Muslims and the Imperialist West (+ their lackeys). The West will do away with anything at this point except for its unrelenting support of Israel (consider for example how many delegates from Western countries left Ahmadinejad’s UN speech after he criticized Israel not long ago). Why are people, both Muslims and the West so sensitive about Palestine? In my humble and fallible opinion, I believe that it is because it is a psychological point of either submission or resistance to Western Imperialism and Neo-Colonialism. This explains the value of the boycott movement which although may not have such a large effect on the Israeli economy, its importance is greater in terms of psychological resistance and cognitive rejection of global imperialism whose golden goose of Third World domination is the state of Israel. This does not mean that every Jew in Israel is an imperialist pawn, no, there are some great brave and passionate souls like Yuri Avnery who disapprove of the Israeli status quo more than most people here on this board. So just like we should not stereotype Palestinians, I don’t think it’s fair to stereotype Jews either.

So far we can summarize the importance of supporting Palestine (based on the above) to one crucial point: it is the most powerful factor that unites Muslims today, and it is perhaps the only one. Why is unity important? It is the command of Allah:

وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا

“And do not become divided” (I know on one level the interpretation of this verse refers to the Ahl al-Bayt (as), but remember that the Qur’an has layered meanings as Ayatullah Abu al-Qāsim Khui said in his al-Bayān fi Tafsīr al-Qur’ān, so this meaning is also included) … why does Allah tell us this? The following verse sheds some light:

وَلَا تَنَازَعُوا فَتَفْشَلُوا وَتَذْهَبَ رِيحُكُمْ ۖ

“do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart”

Tanāzaʿa in Arabic is a term that covers many meanings in Arabic, it doesn’t just mean to dispute, but it also means to be unhealthily suspicious and hostile to one another. Tadhhaba rīhukum not only means to lose strength, but it also means to lose stamina and momentum which is connected to losing courage as in the previous word tafshalu (fashal at its root means to lose which I think is quite suggestive in this context.)

Some will say that this only refers to the Shi’a mu’mineen, but this is incorrect and no major mufassir has said it is restricted to the Shi’a only but they believe it encompasses mainstream Muslims as well (which today means Sunnis.) If this was the case, our Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt wouldn’t have encouraged us to attend their important events like marriages, funerals and even prayers with so much emphasis.

This does not mean that things will easy and the last part of the verse preempts this:

وَاصْبِرُوا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

“and be patient, verily Allah is with those who are patient” which means that maintaining unity is a struggle and very difficult because there will always be Muslims who are idiots who will continuously make a mess of things.

Parallel to this, we have another verse that states:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَارَىٰ أَوْلِيَاءَ ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم مِّنكُمْ

“O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them.”

This verse is speaking about a political alliance between Christians and Jews that is forged against Muslims. As the Qur’an is a book for all times, it is safe to say that in today’s context the alliance mentioned in the verse can refer to Zionism. This means that Zionism, in its essence or at the very least in the way it functions, is a fascist ideology that is hostile towards Islam and Muslims. It means that one can also be a Christian (or “secular” Christian) Zionist. So for example, the alliance between the Anglo-Saxon military industrial complex on the one hand and Zionist institutions and lobbies on the other is a textbook example of baʿḍuhum awliyā’ baʿḍ (they are allies of one another.)

The next part of the verse says that those who are allies of them are “one of them” and thus an enemy of Islam. Therefore, governments like those of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Persian Gulf monarchies are enemies of Islam given that since the early/mid 20th century until now, they have always collaborated with imperialism and Zionism against Islam and Muslims. This is why you will rarely see very large and organized protests by Wahhabis for Palestine. In fact we never saw any major protests from them until the crisis in Syria happened and they decided to organize themselves and protest against what they perceive as Shia aggression. It seems as if the Wahhabis will only protest against Israel if it converted to Shi’ism as one Lebanese Sunni scholar put it.

To summarize the religious points I made above, 1) we must strive towards political unity with other Muslims (including Sunnis) because it is a command of Allah. It is a difficult matter due to differences and people’s stupidity which is why Allah (swt) cautions us with patience. 2) Christian-Jewish alliances are hostile towards Islam and Muslims and to be an ally of them is war against Islam. 3) Failure to heed these commands is in none of our interest as it will weaken us and put us on the losing side. In the end, fitna between us will only benefit the enemies of Islam. However, unity will make us stronger and is to the benefit of all of us. Even if we are not successful at unity, at least our conscience will be clear and we will be excused on the Day of Judgment as our obedience to Allah is not a business and is thus not conditional on worldly success (if this was the case, most of the Prophets would have wasted their time as most people did not pay any heed to their message) And finally 4) the best and most promising point of unity between all Muslims is Palestine which is why it should be one of our priorities along with our concerns for our mu’min Shia brothers in Bahrain, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria and other places that are too numerous to mention.

I would like to go back to Palestinians themselves and the dangers of stereotyping them. Many of the Palestinians that are being killed are innocent people. Many of them do not want to harm Shias. They just want to live normal lives with their families and watch their kids grow up without the threat of having their houses blown up by drones. They also don’t want to live in humiliation so they will support any group that is willing to give them a hand which may include shayāṭīn (demons)  like Khaled Mishal or Ismail Haniya. This is wrong and inexcusable but their desperation makes it understandable. I avoided saying Hamas as a whole here as the organization does have some individuals who are grateful for Shia support and are incidentally hostile towards the two traitors I just mentioned. This also includes leaders of other groups who are similar if not Shias in taqiyya. So we must be fair and admit that many regular Palestinian civilians are innocent and have also been victimized by criminal members and leaders of the PLO, Fatah and Hamas who have taken advantage of their desperation for a bit of hope. These same Palestinians are also supportive and appreciative of what Shias have done for them.

So far I believe that the Shia leadership has kept up with the divine etiquettes of Qur’anic injunctions on striving for unity and showing patience to our fellow Muslims. But we must also understand that the Shia political leadership has not been naïve in its support for Palestinians as many have thought (this includes myself). I think what is happening in Syria is probably the greatest testament to this fact. When Palestinians have gotten out of hand and have stained their hands with Shia blood (this is proof that a not so small number of them are very hateful, ungrateful and despicable people), the Shia leadership has not hesitated to defend Shias and their interests and has so far slaughtered thousands of them in Syria, Iraq and even Lebanon and is willing to send thousands more to their early graves until they cease their hostilities.

On a final matter, some people may object as to why the Shia leadership allies itself with Russia or does trade with India or other countries that have a history of oppressing Muslims. Aren’t these double standards? This can be answered through two interrelated points. First, we must be conscious of a very important hadith from Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (as) who said that an intelligent person is not someone who knows the difference between good and evil, but one who knows the lesser of two evils and the greater of two goods. So we must know that our resources and abilities are limited and we must know what the greater of two evils and the greater of two goods is. The greater of two evils is global imperialism (I don’t think anyone here will dispute that the global bankster + military industrial complex + Zionist alliance is the supreme and primary evil of this planet), and the greater of two goods is Palestine due to its international unifying effects as explained in the beginning of this post. Second, Iran did support the Chechens for years against the Russians. It is only when the Chechen resistance largely became Wahhabi and fully subservient to Saudi Arabia did Iran tone down its efforts in helping them. The same goes for Iranian support to Bosnians against Serbian aggression. So Iran has in many cases been consistent but it has its limits therefore Iran cannot simply fight the entire world on its own, so it must unfortunately make compromises and choose the lesser of two evils and the greater of two goods.

How about Saudi Arabia/Bahrain/Qatar? Why doesn’t the Shia leadership oppose them as rigorously as it does with the above mentioned alliance? I think that the answer to this is that although they are just as evil, they are part of a hierarchy of oppression whose masters are the tripart alliance mentioned above, so the source deserves more attention than its branch. Nevertheless, no one can deny the upmost importance the Shia leadership has given in fighting Gulf Arab cronies in the region (at least in terms of where they have access). But again, people have limits as to what they can do.

Allah says in the Qur’an:

لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا

“Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity.”

Comments, thoughts, critiques are welcome.

Fi Aman Allah

I understand and respect the choices of admins when they change the titles of the threads. But it would be better if they state it under the first post which they edit or mention it in another post. Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Brother al-khatati

You said:

I would like to go back to Palestinians themselves and the dangers of stereotyping them. Many of the Palestinians that are being killed are innocent people. Many of them do not want to harm Shias. They just want to live normal lives with their families and watch their kids grow up without the threat of having their houses blown up by drones. They also don’t want to live in humiliation so they will support any group that is willing to give them a hand which may include shayāṭīn (demons) like Khaled Mishal or Ismail Haniya. This is wrong and inexcusable but their desperation makes it understandable. I avoided saying Hamas as a whole here as the organization does have some individuals who are grateful for Shia support and are incidentally hostile towards the two traitors I just mentioned. This also includes leaders of other groups who are similar if not Shias in taqiyya. So we must be fair and admit that many regular Palestinian civilians are innocent and have also been victimized by criminal members and leaders of the PLO, Fatah and Hamas who have taken advantage of their desperation for a bit of hope. These same Palestinians are also supportive and appreciative of what Shias have done for them.

Do you have any proof that this what the majority of Palestinians feel, is this based on some facts or are you just giving your opinion?

Also are there any Shias in Palestine and are they allowed to practice their faith freely?

Wasalaam.

Do you have any proof that this what the majority of Palestinians feel, is this based on some facts or are you just giving your opinion?

Also are there any Shias in Palestine and are they allowed to practice their faith freely?

Wasalaam.

When did I say majority?