Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reverts to Islam [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators
On 10/19/2017 at 2:24 PM, Ali al-Dheeb said:

I am a young convert to islam, one year ago. I recently « converted » to shia islam a few days ago. :clap:

Salam. Welcome to Shia Islam! 

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam brothers and sisters!  I grew up in a not so religious family, but my whole family identifies as Christians. My grandparents were raised baptists and raised my mom that way, but ever since

As-salamu 3alaykum wa rahmatullah I am a young convert to islam, one year ago. I recently « converted » to shia islam a few days ago.

Thanks for the warm welcom brothers! Alhamdulillah.  I will definitely stick around, i have already learned a lot from these forums and i know i Can learn more. May the blessings of Allah be

• 3 months later...
  • Veteran Member
On 11/7/2015 at 10:28 PM, silviafini said:

Salam all brothers and sisters,

Peace be upon us.

I would like to share the story about me and my dad here, mostly about my dad.

My father, my role model, my dad, the best person I know on earth who always taught me about life in dunya, real life after dunya, the truth, the right path, Islam, has gone before me to the next level of life. He passed away on October 27th 2015.

I am very sad that I cannot talk to him again or see through his eyes again. I regret many things that I didn't do for/with him when he was alive. 

I didn't live with him or my family. I live alone close to my office, while my parents live about 3 hours by car. I didn't come home often, I visit them only like 3 times a year (this what I regret). Last time I went home for Eid (on July), and since then I haven't seen him again until the day he's gone. I wasn't there at his last minute. I regret that a lot because I am his child who has the most emotional bond with him. When I came home to visit him, we spent time together just the two of us to visit places, random places. My dad is a very simple man and happy man. Now we cannot do that again :(

My mom told me that he was okay the day before he passed away. He and my mom went out to get some food and made a visit to a relative. Then they talked about my niece before they slept. Then he was up to perform midnight prayer at 2 am. By 2.30 he has not finished yet but he stopped. My mom asked what's wrong, he said he didn't want her to know but he is having unbearable headache he has never had before. Then my mom asked him to pray to Allah and she called a relative (in case something happened because they live only the two of them). at 3 am he didn't say it's hurting anymore. He looked like sleeping. Then our relative moved him towards kiblat, and they asked my dad to follow them calling Allah's name, and he did try to keep moving his lips. He opened his eyes, looked up, then he took deep breaths, twice, then 3.30 am he has gone. 

He was a special person to many people. He reverted muslim at young age, and he followed ahlulbayt around the age of 40 and he let people know shia and follow ahlulbayt. 

He left us a very valuable heritage; his journal about life, qur'an ayaat that he has highlighted, all his preaching and messages.

I will write about his search of the truth and his journal later on.

I am crying while I am writing this. Only them whose parents have passed away would understand exactly how I am feeling.

Please brothers and sisters, send me prayers that Allah will give me strength (and my family too) to move on without my father, and I hope he forgives all my mistakes that I didn't have chance to make up.

Salam and have a nice day.

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahamah dear sister,

Please share with us the journals you mentioned.

Fatiha to your father.  I hope your mother is well and in good health.

God bless you and protect you from all harm.

I hope you are not facing any difficulties being Shia in Indonesia.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Although the article says, “The Share of Americans who leave Islam is offset by those who become Muslim”, what I read was that the overall trend is upward. 

Since most of those who quit Islam (read the article) are those who were not into Islam to begin with.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/26/the-share-of-americans-who-leave-islam-is-offset-by-those-who-become-muslim/

Agree / Disagree? 

Edited by AMR5
  • Advanced Member
57 minutes ago, AMR5 said:

Although the article says, “The Share of Americans who leave Islam is offset by those who become Muslim”, what I read was that the overall trend is upward. 

Since most of those who quit Islam (read the article) are those who were not into Islam to begin with.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/26/the-share-of-americans-who-leave-islam-is-offset-by-those-who-become-muslim/

Agree / Disagree? 

it's not a black & white matter what it claims about former muslim Iranians is based their request for granting citizenship because  they are not forcing to attend in churches every week like as Europe they just fill the forms to gain citizenship .

as I know others Americans that come by research to Islam the Sunni Islam don't satisfy them so they leave it  & this research based from asking from them because most of times new comers to Shias don't consider in these type of researches or recherches considers all sects as one religion also you can ask people that live in America like as brother @Abu Hadi & sister @Hameedeh

Edited by Ashvazdanghe