Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reverts to Islam [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam brothers and sisters!  I grew up in a not so religious family, but my whole family identifies as Christians. My grandparents were raised baptists and raised my mom that way, but ever since

As-salamu 3alaykum wa rahmatullah I am a young convert to islam, one year ago. I recently « converted » to shia islam a few days ago.

Thanks for the warm welcom brothers! Alhamdulillah.  I will definitely stick around, i have already learned a lot from these forums and i know i Can learn more. May the blessings of Allah be

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Basic Members

salamon alaykom

i read your story and your reply to the comments .first of all i should say congrats that Allah guided you.as i understood you said we shouldnt divide islam to sunni and shia and we should have a unity .it is true but dont forget islam is a perfect religion. it has plan for our pray our fast our food but pray of shia and sunni is different and there are some other different in details too and just one of them is correct .and also in their belifs there are some basical difference . we must choose just one way . if you are just muslim how do you say pray? as shia or as sunni? their hadith book is different .so i recomend you try to research more to find the truth .if shia say imam Ali and his 11 sons are leader after prophet it has a lot of meaning . you cant pass it easily and just say i am muslim. you should try to find why we just follow prophet and imam Ali and sons .because we belive Allah asked us to do it ghadir khom day and he said to prophet in quran if you dont say Ali is leader after me islam will not be perfect...

May Allah bless you

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, shiaman14 said:

Brought tears to my eyes. SubhanAllah.

Imam Muhammed al Baqir a.s has said: "When Allah عزوجل writes for a person to enter in this affair, he will do so faster than the flight of a bird to its nest. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 423)"

[hasan]

http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/usul-kafi/book-3/chapter-35

All of the reverts on SC exude so much class. What is it about reverts? 

Some of our greatest users were non-shia who became shia, or non-muslim who became muslim then shia, or non-muslim then shia.

Choosing to become a shia is not easy. You will face enemies, hatred, disdain, bigotry - you name it. But when you recognise the truth of it, you would not trade it for all the acceptance and love in the world.

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I did an interview with him a few months ago. He lives in Deaborn now. 

Thank you brother @Abu Hadi for this video. A most fascinating interview and 49 minutes very well spent.

If Br. Justin will change his name and looking for input, "Hur" would be perfect for him IMHO of course.

• Forum Administrators

I had seen Br. Abu Hadi's video before, so when I saw the video in the OP, I thought he looks very familiar. When Gaius said he was a ShiaChat member, I was sure it was Br. Justin. Allah bless him and his family.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 3:57 AM, Azim parwani said:

I want to revert to Shia islam please help me wit the procedure. 

[Mod Note: Personal information was removed.]

Some revert stories:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Alhamdulillah, Allah swt loves you and honored you with sight and the truth.

You are more than welcomed to stick by here on the forums, theres a lot of helpful brothers and sisters here and you can really soak in a lot of islamic knowledge and get the answer to almost any practical or spiritual question you might have on islam.

• Advanced Member

Salaam and welcome brother,

May Allah bless you and keep you on the right path. Now try to go into belief systems within Islam. Study different sects with unbiased mind. Any questions feel free to ask here. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5:26 PM, DarkSkyMuzik said:

Thanks for the warm welcom brothers! Alhamdulillah. 

I will definitely stick around, i have already learned a lot from these forums and i know i Can learn more.

May the blessings of Allah be upon you all!

Bismehe Ta3ala, 

Assalam Alikum 

Brother, did you approach your parents yet?  Will you be fasting for the month of Ramadhan?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 5/21/2017 at 4:46 PM, AlAbid said:

Is there a guide for the reverts somewhere?

Reverts who want to learn how to take wudu and pray can study these two topics: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/90-learn-how-to-do-wutho/

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/89-learn-how-to-pray/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

This is a set of fact sheets that can be useful. Choose the fact sheet you want to read then choose your language. You can download to your device and even print them out to carry with you or give to someone else. Good luck!

https://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/

• 3 months later...