Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Shia Defence

How Many Muslims, Christians And Jews Were Living

Rate this topic

How many Muslims, Christians and Jews were living in Palestine before 1948 or pre 1948?

I know there were plenty of Muslims living in Palestine during the Ottoman Empire and during the English Mandate but It would be nice if someone could give me a figure for the three religions separately.

Thanks answer should be in authentic source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Palestine

There's a particular table that answers your question. I can't seem to copy paste it here.

"According to Ottoman statistics studied by Justin McCarthy,[25] the population of Palestine in the early 19th century was 350,000, in 1860 it was 411,000 and in 1900 about 600,000 of which 94% were Arabs. In 1914 Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews.[26] McCarthy estimates the non-Jewish population of Palestine at 452,789 in 1882, 737,389 in 1914, 725,507 in 1922, 880,746 in 1931 and 1,339,763 in 1946.[27]"

The Jewish population increased significantly due to zionism.

Edited by Ligarz

Salam alikum brothers and sisters

I would not rely on Mcarthys reasearch as he is a evil Genocide denier and paid by the Turkish authorities to falsify history yes that includes non Turks .

You would have noticed Mcarthy does not mention the existance of the Armenians at all clear indication of the ongoing cultural genocide . Here is a link for those who want to know about my people's existance in these beautiful lands

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=1KbAU9LWKcblkAWs9IC4Ag&url=http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1121%26context%3Dhistoryfacpub&cd=5&ved=0CC0QFjAE&usg=AFQjCNHOoyycD_AnhKBfcgnCxn22uAQ9Ag

Blessings

N

Edited by nemesis

If you even bothered to read the link I provided, he is not the only one that offered those statistics. Sergio DellaPergola and Alexander Scholch both offered similar numbers (From the tables I couldn't copy and paste).

Also, the League of Nations Interim report in 1920: "There are now in the whole of Palestine hardly 700,000 people, a population much less than that of the province of Gallilee alone in the time of Christ... The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years."

76,000 in 1920 would be around 10%.

I don't care he didn't mention the Armenians who have had a significant influence in the region all Arabs know the suffering we have endured as we Armenians know the suffering the Arabs endure till this day by the hands of then and you could say now barbarians . Inshallah those memories will not be lost or overlooked .

N