Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abdar_Rahmaan

Day Trip (Traveling) During Ramadhan?

Rate this topic

Salaams,

I am a follower of Ayatullah Sistani (as).

My situation is as follows,

I want to attend a protest in the holy month of Ramadan, the venue is 30 miles away and I pray Qasr there. 

If I leave after Zuhr, and return before Maghrib will my fast be accepted? If it is not accepted, is it Haraam for me to go there?

Thanks in advance

JazakAllah Khair

Salam, 

If I'm not mistaken, according to Ayatullah Khamenei and Ayatullah Sistani, if we travel after Zuhur, then we can continue fasting. One of our brothers on this site has shared this following fatwa before:

Sayyed Ali Al Khamenaei's ruling:

"Whoever is present (in their hometown) and travels, then if before noon (thuhur), then they have to break their fast, and if after noon, they have to continue fasting and it is deemed correct."

Sayyed Al Sistani:

1730. If a fasting person travels after Zuhr, he should, as a precaution, complete his fast. 

Salaams,

I want to attend a protest in the holy month of Ramadan, the venue is 30 miles away and I pray Qasr there.

If I leave after Zuhr, and return before Maghrib will my fast be accepted? If it is not accepted, is it Haraam for me to go there?

Thanks in advance

JazakAllah Khair

salaam it is valid if after zuhr and you must continue to fast.

Salaams,

Thanks in advance

JazakAllah Khair

to complete your answer

you are allowed to do traveling in the month of ramadan even if it cause your fasting broken. 

Salamun Alaykum

If you travel after Zuhr your Fast is correct in that day and it is not necessary to return before Maghrib. Just for the next day you should be in your hometown or a place where he intends to stay for ten days before Zuhr.

These are related issues from sistani.org:

1730. If a fasting person travels after Zuhr, he should, as a precaution, complete his fast. If he travels before Zuhr and had an intention from the previous night to do so, he cannot fast on that day. As a precaution, he cannot fast on that day even if he had no intention to travel from the previous night. In both the cases, he cannot break the fast till he has reached the limit of Tarakkhus. If he does, he will be liable to give Kaffarah.

1731. If a traveller in the month of Ramadhan, regardless of whether he was travelling before Fajr, or was fasting and then undertook the journey, reaches his hometown before Zuhr or a place where he intends to stay for ten days, and if has not committed an act which invalidates a fast, he should fast on that day. But if he has committed such an act, it is not obligatory on him to fast on that day.

1732. If a traveller reaches his hometown after Zuhr, or a place where he intends to stay for ten days, he cannot fast on that day.

best regards