Sign in to follow this  
neol

Who Was The Caliphate Between Jesus And Muhummad

Rate this topic

who exactly by names? was the caliphate on earth in the time after Prophet Jesus and before Prophet Muhammad?

or were can i get more information on this with references.

Edited by neol

We do not have much information on it as for example we do not have all the names of the 124000 prophets/messengers. We just know that there is and there always was a representative of God on earth. It was most likely the disciples of Jesus A.S, his successors. In the holy Quran, Allah states:

(O Prophet) Lo! thou art a warner and for every community there is a guide. (Qur’an 13:7)

But we do have hadiths that speak of this matter and you can check all of them here but I will post some:

The Successor of Jesus

The Disciples of Jesus

3. Ibn ‘Abbassaid, “When Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, sent the verse,

‘…And fullfill My covenant, so I will fullfill your covenant.’ (2, 40)

the Apostle of Allah said, ‘By Allah, Adam made a covenant with his people concerning his son, Seth and went out from this world, but his people did not fulfill it. Noah made a covenant with his people concerning his executor, Sam and went out from this world, but his people did not fulfill it. Abraham made a covenant with his people concerning his executor, Isma‘il and went out from this world, but his people did not fulfill it.

Moses made a covenant with his people concerning his executor, Yusha‘ ibn Nun and went out from this world, but his people did not fulfill it. Jesus the son of Mary made a covenant with his people concerning his executor Simon ibn Hamun al-Safa and was raised to heaven, but his people did not fulfill it.

Also I will separate from you soon and will leave you. I have made a covenant with my community concerning ‘Ali ibn Abu Talib, but they will continue with the rites of the previous communities in opposing my executor and disobeying him….’”3

Imam Baqir (‘a) said, “Verily, Allah sent Muhammad (S) to the genies and the people, and after him He put twelve exectutors (wasiy). Some of them have gone and some remain. Each executor put a way (sunnah) into practice, and the executors after Muhammad (S) followed the way of the executors of Jesus, who were also twelve, and the Commander of the Faithful followed the way of the Messiah.”5

3. Ma‘ani al-Akhbar, 373

5. Kafi, 1, 532, 10

If you want, send the question in to IslamQuest.net

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

حدثنا محمد بن الحسن بن أحمد بن الوليد رضي الله عنه قال : حدثنا محمد ابن الحسن الصفار ، وسعد بن عبد الله جميعا ، عن أيوب بن نوح ، عن عبد الله بن المغيرة ، عن سعد بن أبي خلف ، عن معاوية بن عمار قال : قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام : بقي الناس بعد عيسى بن مريم عليه السلام خمسين ومائتي سنة بلا حجة ظاهرة .

Muhammad b. al-Hasan b. Ahmad b. al-Walid رضي الله عنه narrated. He said: Muhammad b. al-Hasan as-Saffar and Sa`d b. `Abdillah together narrated from Ayyub b. Nuh from `Abdillah b. al-Mughira from Sa`d b. Abi Khalaf from Mu`awiya b. `Ammar. He said:

Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام said: After `Isa b. Maryam عليه السلام, the people remained two hundred and fifty years without an apparent hujja.[1] (Kamal ad-Deen)

(sahih) (صحيح)

حدثنا أبي رحمه الله قال : حدثنا محمد بن يحيى العطار ، عن يعقوب ابن يزيد ، عن محمد بن أبي عمير ، عن سعد بن أبي خلف ، عن يعقوب بن شعيب ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال : كان بين عيسى وبين محمد عليهما السلام خمسمائة عام منها مائتان وخمسون عاما ليس فيها نبي ولا عالم ظاهر ، قلت : فما كانوا ؟ قال : كانوا متمسكين بدين عيسى عليه السلام ، قلت : فما كانوا ؟ قال : كانوا مؤمنين ، ثم قال عليه السلام : ولا يكون الارض إلا وفيها عالم.

My father رحمه الله narrated. He said: Muhammad b. Yahya al-`Attar narrated from Ya`qub b. Yazid from Muhammad b. Abi `Umayr from Sa`d b. Abu Khalaf from Ya`qub b. Shu`ayb from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

He said: Between `Isa and Muhammad عليهما السلام there was [a period of] five hundred years,[2] from them were two hundred and fifty years in which there was no apparent prophet or scholar (`alim). I said: So how were they? He said: They were grasping the religion of `Isa عليه السلام. I said: So how were they? He said: They were believers. Then, he عليه السلام said: And the Earth does not remain except with a scholar (`alim) therein. (Kamal ad-Deen)

(sahih) (صحيح)

حدثنا أبي رضي الله عنه قال: حدثنا سعد بن عبد الله قال: حدثنا أحمد ابن محمد بن عيسى، ومحمد بن الحسين بن أبي الخطاب، ويعقوب بن يزيد الكاتب، وأحمد بن الحسن بن علي بن فضال، بن عبد الله بن بكير، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: الذي تناهت إليه وصية عيسى بن مريم عليه السلام رجل يقال له: " آبي ".

My father رضي الله عنه narrated. He said: Sa`d b. `Abdillah narrated. He said: Ahmad b. Muhammad b. `Isa and Muhammad b. al-Husayn b. Abu’l Khattab and Ya`qub b. Yazid al-Katib and Ahmad b. al-Hasan b. `Ali b. Faddal from `Abdillah b. Bukayr from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

He said: The one whom the deputyship of `Isa b. Maryam عليه السلام ended with was a man who was called “Abi”.[3] (Kamal ad-Deen)

(muwathaq) (موثق)

[1] This could have taken place anytime between the ascension of `Isa and the time of the Prophet, and not necessarily directly after `Isa. There are narrations that indicate that `Isa had a direct and apparent successor.

[2] This means five centuries, and not necessarily exactly five hundred years.

[3] Some have interpreted “Abi” to mean “my father” – meaning, Abu Talib. However, in the opinion of Shaykh as-Saduq in Kamal ad-Deen, Abi was the literal name of the final representative of `Isa b. Maryam.

who exactly by names? was the caliphate on earth in the time after Prophet Jesus and before Prophet Muhammad?

or were can i get more information on this with references.

According to Imam al-Sadiq [as] there were prophets sent to the people after the Ascension of the Son of Mary [as] but there was no Messenger between Jesus son of Mary [as] and Rasoolillah [sawa]. 

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2012/07/ulul-azm.html

So, it seems we have 2 contradictory ahadith here - one stating there were no prophets and the other mentioning there were. Can someone explain this please. Shukran.

No apparent prophet. Meaning, no thahir, visible prophet or `alim. It's referring to an occultation sometime between Jesus (as) and the Prophet (pbuh).

So, it seems we have 2 contradictory ahadith here - one stating there were no prophets and the other mentioning there were. Can someone explain this please. Shukran.

There is no contradiction. There is always a Hujjat of Allah (proof, representative of God) on Earth. This Hujjat could be a prophet, messenger, imam or any other person. The Earth can not remain without an Hujjat. So much so, that if there were only two persons living on Earth, one of them has to be a Hujjat.

al-Kafi, H 430, Ch. 5, h 3

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn al-Hakam from Rabi‘ ibn Muhammad al-Musalliy from ‘Abdallah ibn Sulayman al- ‘Amiriy from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following.

"The earth has never been without a person with Divine authority who would teach people about the lawful and unlawful matters and call them to the path of Allah."

al-Kafi, H 441, Ch. 6, h 1

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Muhammad ibn Sinan from ibn al-Tayyar who has said the following.
"I heard abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) saying, ‘Would there remain no one on earth except two persons one of them would certainly be the person with Divine authority."

al-Kafi, H 443, Ch. 6, h 3

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from those who he has mentioned from al-Hassan ibn Musa al-Khashshab from Ja'far ibn Muhammad from Kiram from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following.
"If of all the people there will remain only two man one of them will be the Imam. He also said, ‘The last person to die will be the Imam (a.s.) so that no one could complain against Allah leaving him without Imam, the person with Divine authority over him.’

Edited by Orion