Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Commercial For Girls

Rate this topic

This isn't as special as you think.

How would you feel if you were to be told "you sit like a man". if you are a women then you would take it as an insult because men sit in ways which are not compatible with women e.g. they sit with their legs wide open. However if a man was to be told "you sit like a man" he would thank you and feel good.

You see what I mean? This video, much like other western thinking misses the point. Men and women are not the same, so you can't treat them the same, they have the rights god has given them, men have rights over women and women over men etc. So the western thinking that believes women should not be judged based on their physical capability is wrong. because crystals are crystal even if you call them rocks and rocks are rocks even if you call them crystals. Men are like rocks and women are like crystals, there are certain tasks in which a rock is appropriate and other tasks in which crystals can't be replaced by rocks. And you can't throw both a crystal and a rock in the same bag, just as you shouldn't compare women with men or vice versa. If you do throw a rock into a bag with crystals, you will lose your crystal.

So that is why I personally would not like to see a man with small soft hands just as I would not like to see a women with big rough hands as men are rocks and they should be treated as such and women are crystals and women are above being treated as rocks.

So videos such as this trying to generalize both genders into making people think they are made of a single material is misleading from the truth.

Besides what is wrong with throwing like a girl if you are a girl. Why should a girl throw like a man. Sayings such as "you throw like a girl" are just for jokes, just like telling a girl that she sits like a man is.

So overall, Allah made men and women 2 genders not one, So there is no point in treating them the same because they are different on all levels except that they are both human.

Wasallam

• Advanced Member

This isn't as special as you think.

How would you feel if you were to be told "you sit like a man". if you are a women then you would take it as an insult because men sit in ways which are not compatible with women e.g. they sit with their legs wide open. However if a man was to be told "you sit like a man" he would thank you and feel good.

You see what I mean? This video, much like other western thinking misses the point. Men and women are not the same, so you can't treat them the same, they have the rights god has given them, men have rights over women and women over men etc. So the western thinking that believes women should not be judged based on their physical capability is wrong. because crystals are crystal even if you call them rocks and rocks are rocks even if you call them crystals. Men are like rocks and women are like crystals, there are certain tasks in which a rock is appropriate and other tasks in which crystals can't be replaced by rocks. And you can't throw both a crystal and a rock in the same bag, just as you shouldn't compare women with men or vice versa. If you do throw a rock into a bag with crystals, you will lose your crystal.

So that is why I personally would not like to see a man with small soft hands just as I would not like to see a women with big rough hands as men are rocks and they should be treated as such and women are crystals and women are above being treated as rocks.

So videos such as this trying to generalize both genders into making people think they are made of a single material is misleading from the truth.

Besides what is wrong with throwing like a girl if you are a girl. Why should a girl throw like a man. Sayings such as "you throw like a girl" are just for jokes, just like telling a girl that she sits like a man is.

So overall, Allah made men and women 2 genders not one, So there is no point in treating them the same because they are different on all levels except that they are both human.

Wasallam

What if you are a girl born with big man hands  :cry: . Would the girl qualify as a crystal?

Edited by *+*Princess Bride*+*

What if you are a girl born with big man hands  :cry: . Would the girl qualify as a crystal?

you still have small hands, they would be bigger if you were a man, I don't think it is as big as you think.

You missed my point, I meant hard labour by "big rough hands"

• Advanced Member

I have to agree with maryaam on this as I think brother you missed the point. They are not at all say "be like a man" woman are capable to run and fight we are not built just to be in home and cook men food lol. Islam teaches us individuality. There is halal and haram things for men and woman ans never once in my life did I read a hadith that woman have to do what you think is considered "being like a woman" in fact many woman with hijab are doing what you consider to be "a man's position" and it is deemed halal!

• Moderators

Watched with my daughter. She's 2. She said "those people were trying to be girly girls but they can just be regular girls."

Interestingly, even at 2 she interprets clumsy and ineffectual as "girly". I didn't teach her that. She must have learned it from people at day care or from the few movies she has watched or books she has read.

• Veteran Member

Egads, what a planeload of balderdash, what a shipload of bilge!

• Advanced Member

Watched with my daughter. She's 2. She said "those people were trying to be girly girls but they can just be regular girls."

Interestingly, even at 2 she interprets clumsy and ineffectual as "girly". I didn't teach her that. She must have learned it from people at day care or from the few movies she has watched or books she has read.

My five year old just said that men are smarter than women and I certainly didn't teach her that. She said it was because men can do things women can't. :(

• Veteran Member

My five year old just said that men are smarter than women and I certainly didn't teach her that. She said it was because men can do things women can't. :(

She's a smart girl.