In the Name of God بسم الله

[Closed/Review]Ayatollah Muhammad Hussain Najafi

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

i think people here do not know much about the marja taqleed of Pakistan..so here is the official website

www.sibtain.com

here you can read all his books specially  Essence of Shia Faith

In 1954, he moved to Hawza Elmiye Najaf to finalize his religious education . He attended the lectures of the following marja

1. Grand Ayatollah Mohsin Al-Hakim for dars-e-kharij of Fiqh
  2. Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Javad Tabrizi for dars-e-kharij of Kifaya-tul-Usool
  3. Grand Ayatollah Meerza Baqir Zanjani for dars-e-kharij of Usool-e-Fiqh
  4. Grand Ayatollah Bazurg Tehrani for Fehm-e-Hadees-o-Rajjal & Kutb Shanasi
  5. Grand Ayatollah Mahmood Shahroudi for dars-e-kharij of Fiqh
  6. Grand Ayatollah Abdul Aala Sabzwari for dars-e-kharij of Fiqh
  7. Grand Ayatollah Abul Qasim Rashti for Rasail-o-Makatib
  8. Grand Ayatollah Abdul Hussain Amini (the writer of famous Al-Ghadeer) for Ilm-e-Munazira
  9. Grand Ayatollah Mulla Sadra for Satheeyat & Asfar
  10. Grand Ayatollah Aqae Muhaqqiq for Darse Manzooma Sabzwari
  11. Grand Ayatollah Aqae Fazel for Ilm-e-Kalam
  12. Grand Ayatollah Abdul Karim Zanjani for Tanawwo dar Islami Uloom-o-Funoon and Ittehad-e-Islami

Ijtihad and Marjiyyat

He received ijazah's of ijtihad from following marjas of Hawza Elmiye Najaf, in 1960 AD (1379 AH)

1. Grand Ayatollah Mohsin Al-Hakim
  2. Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Javad Tabrizi
  3. Grand Ayatollah Mara'shi Najafi
  4. Grand Ayatollah Meerza Baqir Zanjani
  5. Grand Ayatollah Bazurg Tehrani
  6. Grand Ayatollah Mahmood Shahroudi
  7. Grand Ayatollah Abdul Aala Sabzwari
  8. Grand Ayatollah Abul Qasim Rashti
  9. Grand Ayatollah Abdul Karim Zanjani
  10. Grand Ayatollah Najam ud-Din ash-Sharif as-Samarrai
  11. Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Raza al-Musavi
  12. Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Mahdi al-Kazmaini
  13. Grand Ayatollah Ahmed al-Mustanbit

After Mufti Jafar's demise, it was upon Ayatollah Najafi's recommendation that Allama Arif Hussain Hussaini was elected the new president of the organization

• Advanced Member

Maulana Muhammad Hussain Najafi (Maulana Dhaku) is an educated but controversial scholar from Pakistan due to his fatwas. His following is very limited. Most Pakistani Shia follow well known scholars of Iraq and Iran.

Edited by Orion

• Advanced Member

Muhammad Hussain al-Najafi is doing a great job removing a lot of the bid`ah that Indo-Paks have that the Arabs and Iranians scholars are not aware of.

The Arab and Iranian scholars are surrounded by Indian and Pakistani students. Grand Ayatullah Bashir Najafi is himself a Pakistani. It is unlikely that they are unaware of their practices.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Muhammad Hussain al-Najafi is doing a great job removing a lot of the bid`ah that Indo-Paks have that the Arabs and Iranians scholars are not aware of. He has clear fataawa against some major practices in and around India and Pakistan that have no basis in our sources, while the wakeels of al-Sistani and other major scholars in India and Pakistan do not call these practices out.

Some of his interesting fataawa:

1.) Against 3rd testimony in Adhaan (See: http://sibtain.com/en/Questions_Answers_Third_Shahadat.aspx)

2.) Says Jumu`ah is Wajib `Ayni (i.e. like your normal prayers) (See his Qawaneeh al-Sharee`ah, vol. 1)

3.) Against the Kunday Niaz that happens in Rajab (see his Islaah al-Rusoom, pg. 283-284)

4.) Against the Kahani of Bibi Fatima that is read by Indo-Paks (see his Islaah al-Rusoom)

6.) Against 3rd Testimony in Tashahhud (See: http://sibtain.com/en/Questions_Answers_Third_Shahadat.aspx)

(salam)

why seestani and khamnei allows the 3rd testimony in adhan and aqamat with qurbat? even they don't accept it a part

• Veteran Member

why seestani and khamnei allows the 3rd testimony in adhan and aqamat with qurbat? even they don't accept it a part

I heard they feel that the format of the athan was not fixed. However there is a trend away from adding other statements, most people I see now do not do it.

• Advanced Member

I heard they feel that the format of the athan was not fixed. However there is a trend away from adding other statements, most people I see now do not do it.

sorry i did not understand clearly

• Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Muhammad Hussain al-Najafi is doing a great job removing a lot of the bid`ah that Indo-Paks have that the Arabs and Iranians scholars are not aware of. He has clear fataawa against some major practices in and around India and Pakistan that have no basis in our sources, while the wakeels of al-Sistani and other major scholars in India and Pakistan do not call these practices out.

1.) Against 3rd testimony in Adhaan (See: http://sibtain.com/en/Questions_Answers_Third_Shahadat.aspx)

2.) Says Jumu`ah is Wajib `Ayni (i.e. like your normal prayers) (See his Qawaneeh al-Sharee`ah, vol. 1)

3.) Against the Kunday Niaz that happens in Rajab (see his Islaah al-Rusoom, pg. 283-284)

4.) Against the Kahani of Bibi Fatima that is read by Indo-Paks (see his Islaah al-Rusoom)

6.) Against 3rd Testimony in Tashahhud (See: http://sibtain.com/en/Questions_Answers_Third_Shahadat.aspx)

(salam)

these are not big issues. But apart from these he has some other different views than other major scholars like the following.

1. He denies that Prophet (pbuh) and Imamain (a.s) were created by light. He says that this is bidah introduced by "Shaikh Hassaan" who was founder of firqa Shaikhiya in Shias. He says they were created by dust like us. Prophet (pbuh) did not have shadow because a cloud was always there on his head to cover him (pbuh).

2. He denies "Wilayat e Takwinia". He admits only to the extent that Prophet (pbuh) have only authority to send message of Allah and not more than this. Miracles etc were only shown to prove the truth of Prophets. 

Maulana Muhammad Hussain Najafi (Maulana Dhaku) is an educated but controversial scholar from Pakistan due to his fatwas. His following is very limited. Most Pakistani Shia follow well known scholars of Iraq and Iran.

Even many main Shia scholars of Pakistan do not agree with him. Like once i asked about him to "Ayatullah Naveed Asghar Shamsi" who is Paish Imam of Masjid Imam e Zaman a.s haider road Islampura. He replied that "Dhaku Sahib even deny some admitted facts"

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

O People! Why is he hated? Because he doesn't shy from saying the truth. 

He speaks out loud against the bidats common in Pakistan. Why? Because majority of shias here are unfortunately Illiterate, ignorant and poor. Zanjeer zani etc. are quite common among them, pulpits (the amanat of Prophet (S.A.W.W.)) are being misused to the extremes by Zakirs(not all) to misguide people.

Its not easy to stand on Haq (the Right path), and he has had the most difficult of lives and he is persistent and unbending. Yeah! This is the thing, he doesn't bend the Truth!

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Muhammad Zaeem Athar said:

O People! Why is he hated? Because he doesn't shy from saying the truth. 

He speaks out loud against the bidats common in Pakistan. Why? Because majority of shias here are unfortunately Illiterate, ignorant and poor. Zanjeer zani etc. are quite common among them, pulpits (the amanat of Prophet (S.A.W.W.)) are being misused to the extremes by Zakirs(not all) to misguide people.

Its not easy to stand on Haq (the Right path), and he has had the most difficult of lives and he is persistent and unbending. Yeah! This is the thing, he doesn't bend the Truth!

I have never met him nor have I heard him speak. However the more I hear about the man, the more I like him.

I have heard many people abuse him vilify him and cast doubt on his parentage all because he will not bend the truth.

In reality most people argue and abuse from a position of ignorance. More often then not it exposes them for what they are,

Many Zakirs hate him because they 'trade' in these false stories. If people rejected the false stories it would effect their income.

This is what some Shias have become they trade in the blood of Imam Hussain (as)

• Veteran Member
On 6/26/2014 at 11:26 AM, Nader Zaveri said:

(salam)
(bismillah)

(salam)

Salaam.

#1 happens in every single shia Masjid in Iraq and Iran so this is not an indo-pak issue. all marajae say it is optional.

#6  - all marajae are unanimous in saying this is haram.

• Veteran Member

Funny why the 3rd testimony in Athaan has become an issue. Since it is acknowledged and accepted that the 3rd testimony in Athaan is not part of the Athaan why should anybody protest if he highlights it and doesn't allow it in his institutions.

it seems to me that people who are protesting against him highlighting this fact intrinsically feel it should be part of the Athaan and So protest against him highlighting it. This is called changing your Fiqh by stealth.

The problem is that a large proportion of Shia are ignorant of basic Shia Fiqh and get flummoxed when faced with real Shia Fiqh.

When faced with 'truth' they resort to abuse and physical violence

@A true Sunni It's become an issue because as far as I know he is the only molana forbidding people to say ali- yunwaliullah in Azaan. Other marjas not only allow it and but say it in Azaan themselves. Are Ayatollahs Sistani and khamenei also ignorant of basic Shia fiqh?

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, starlight said:

@A true Sunni It's become an issue because as far as I know he is the only molana forbidding people to say ali- yunwaliullah in Azaan. Other marjas not only allow it and but say it in Azaan themselves. Are Ayatollahs Sistani and khamenei also ignorant of basic Shia fiqh?

I have nor read the exact wording of his ruling on the Athaan however lets assume you are right and he actually forbids it rather then 'not recommended'.  

He is being cursed and villified for forbidding something that is not part of the Athaan anyway.

Since 3rd testimony is not part of the Athaan why would anybody be the target of hatred for forbidding it unless people were slipping and sliding into becoming Akhbari.

It is time people from the Indian sub-continent decided whether they are Usooli or Akhbari

4 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

I have nor read the exact wording of his ruling on the Athaan however lets assume you are right and he actually forbids it rather then 'not recommended'.  

He says it's 'not permitted'.

Screenshot_2017-05-14-20-37-25.thumb.png.8f87fee0d28b772af38e249b8dd15df4.png

6 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

It is time people from the Indian sub-continent decided whether they are Usooli or Akhbari

Are Ayatollahs Khamenei and Sistani 'people from the Indian subcontinent'? 

• Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

He is being cursed and villified for forbidding something that is not part of the Athaan anyway.

Since 3rd testimony is not part of the Athaan why would anybody be the target of hatred for forbidding it unless people were slipping and sliding into becoming Akhbari.

This isn't an akhbari issue, because akhbaris are supposed to follow what the narrations say, and as there are no narrations about adding to the adhan, this is more of a cultural shia thing.

• Veteran Member
11 minutes ago, starlight said:

He says it's 'not permitted'.

Screenshot_2017-05-14-20-37-25.thumb.png.8f87fee0d28b772af38e249b8dd15df4.png

Are Ayatollahs Khamenei and Sistani 'people from the Indian subcontinent'? 

They allow it but categorically state that it is not part of the Athaan. They allow you to say it on the basis that it is possible to interrupt the Athaan to say something and then continue the Athaan 

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

This isn't an akhbari issue, because akhbaris are supposed to follow what the narrations say, and as there are no narrations about adding to the adhan, this is more of a cultural shia thing.

Thanks for correcting me. I read my post after and realised I should have wrote 'malang'. The point still holds that we are cursing someone who forbids something that isnt part of the Adhaan anyway

6 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

They allow it but categorically state that it is not part of the Athaan. They allow you to say it on the basis that it is possible to interrupt the Athaan to say something and then continue the Athaan 

Sorry, I didn't get you?  Who allows it? 

• Veteran Member
On 5/14/2017 at 11:58 AM, starlight said:

Sorry, I didn't get you?  Who allows it? 

Ayatullah Sistani and Khameni allow you to say the 3rd testimony during Athaan as long as you say it knowing and recognising that it is not part of the Adhaan.

They allow you to say it on the basis that it is possible to interrupt the Athaan to say something and then continue the Athaan .

This distinction might appear to peculiar to the uninitiated but it is an important distinction.

In fact according to Agha Khameni & Sistani if you say 3rd testimony during Adhaan thinking it is part of the Adhaan, your Adhaan is invalid .

So the point I am making is why are people cursing and vilifing someone who is forbidding something that is not part of Adhaan anyway

On 5/14/2017 at 0:04 PM, A true Sunni said:

Ayatullah Sistani and Khameni allow you to say the 3rd testimony during Athaan as long as you say it knowing and recognising that it is not part of the Adhaan.

While recognising that 3rd testimony is not part of Adhan Ayatollahs Sistani and Khamenei do not just allow it, Sistani says it's preferable to pronounce it and Ayatollahs Khamenei says it's 'good and important'  to say it in Adhaan,  while Molana Muhammed Hussain explicitly says it's 'impermissible'. 

This isn't an indopak issue or even a Mallang problem as your are trying to turn it into one, unless you consider Sistani and Khamenei to be mallangs.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:04 PM, A true Sunni said:

So the point I am making is why are people cursing and vilifing someone who is forbidding something that is not part of Adhaan anyway

Why is he forbidding saying the shahadah of the Imamat of Ali (as)? Does saying the 3rd testimony with the niyyat of Qurbantunillalah render the Adhan invalid? No, it doesn't not, unless the other marjas I mentioned here are clueless about fiqh. There better be a good reason for this. 

• Veteran Member
On 5/14/2017 at 0:25 PM, starlight said:

While recognising that 3rd testimony is not part of Adhan Ayatollahs Sistani and Khamenei do not just allow it, Sistani says it's preferable to pronounce it and Ayatollahs Khamenei says it's 'good and important'  to say it in Adhaan,  while Molana Muhammed Hussain explicitly says it's 'impermissible'. 

This isn't an indopak issue or even a Mallang one as your are trying to turn it into, unless you consider Sistani and Khamenei to be mallangs.

Why is he forbidding saying the shahadah of the Imamat of Ali (as)? Does saying the 3rd testimony with the niyyat of Qurbantunillalah render the Adhan invalid? No, it doesn't not, unless the other marjas I mentioned here are clueless about fiqh. There better be a good reason for this. 

So Agha Khameni and Sistani say it is preferable to say it providing you recognise that it isnt part of Adhaan

By a process of extropolation do Agha Khameni & Sistani curse and villify those that choose not to say 3rd testimony.

This is 100% Malang issue. Malangs say 3rd testimony is Wajib.

It seems that a lot of Shias on here are confused on Adhaan 

Just now, A true Sunni said:

So Agha Khameni and Sistani say it is preferable to say it providing you recognise that it isnt part of Adhaan

No one is extrapolating anything here, it's you who is bent upon making this a mallang issue.

928. Ash hadu anna Amiral Mu'minina 'Aliyyan Waliyyullah ( I testify that the Commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (AS) is the vicegerent of Allah) is not a part of either Adhan or Iqamah. But it is preferable that it is pronounced after Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulul lah with the niyyat of Qurbat.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2216/

Saying “Ashhadu anna ‘Aliyyan Waliyyullāh” in adhān and iqāmah with the intention of being a symbol for the Shī‘ah school of thought is good and important and it should be said only for the sake of nearness to Allah, but it is not a part of adhān and iqāmah. 

http://www.leader.ir/en/book/23

• Veteran Member
30 minutes ago, starlight said:

@A true Sunni You don't have any arguments here unless you are saying Sistani and Khamenei are confused.

I am sorry Sister Starlight you seem very confused in your statements and yet try and to point the finger at others. 

I shall make a series of statements. Tell me which one is wrong.

3rd Shahada is not part of Adhaan

Saying 3rd Shahada believing it is part of the Adhaan invalidates Adhaan.

Ayatullah Sistani and Khameni say its preferrable to say 3rd Shahada but as an inserted comment/statement, not as part of Adhaan.

3rd Shahada as an inserted comment/statement is therefore a preference not compulsory 

Cursing and vilification of someone for choosing not to say something that is a preference is clearly wrong.

Since Malangs say 3rd Shahada is compulsory it is quite likely they are behind this hatred campaign

Which of my statements is false

Edited by A true Sunni

@A true Sunni I do not know what mallangs say nor do I care.The only issue that concerns me is why would an 'Ayatullah' say it's not permissible' to say 3rd testimony in Adhaan? And just one Ayatullah out of all of them. My understanding is that if something is impermissible then doing that invalidates the whole act, so according to Molana Mohammed Hussain saying Aliyun wali ullah invalidates the Adhaan?  Does this not seem odd to you especially when you compare this with the rulings of the two Ayatollahs who are considered to be the most knowledgeable ones of our times?

Why are you even defending him? He is not your marja, You don't know him, you probably have never met him , you didn't even know his exact ruling about the Adhaan, just because of your hatred for the mallangs? Is there a possibility that you don't know everything about him?things people living in Pakistan might know,those who have known him from before the time he declared himself a marja? I have always chosen to remain silent about him because he is a scholar(other than copying the information from his website), I suggest you do the same. There are plenty of other issues to on which you can affront the mallangs.

• Veteran Member
30 minutes ago, starlight said:

@A true Sunni I do not know what mallangs say nor do I care.The only issue that concerns me is why would an 'Ayatullah' say it's not permissible' to say 3rd testimony in Adhaan? And just one Ayatullah out of all of them. My understanding is that if something is impermissible then doing that invalidates the whole act, so according to Molana Mohammed Hussain saying Aliyun wali ullah invalidates the Adhaan?  Does this not seem odd to you especially when you compare this with the rulings of the two Ayatollahs who are considered to be the most knowledgeable ones of our times?

Why are you even defending him? He is not your marja, You don't know him, you probably have never met him , you didn't even know his exact ruling about the Adhaan, just because of your hatred for the mallangs? Is there a possibility that you don't know everything about him?things people living in Pakistan might know,those who have known him from before the time he declared himself a marja? I have always chosen to remain silent about him because he is a scholar(other than copying the information from his website), I suggest you do the same. There are plenty of other issues to on which you can affront the mallangs.

I am sorry sister it appears that you are one of the many Shias who are confused about this whole issue of 3rd testimony in Adhaan.

I have spelt out very clearly Ayatullah Sistani and Ayatullah Khamenis position on 3rd testimony but it appears that the subtle nuances escapes you.

I will repeat it so that there is no misunderstanding and you can go and verify it with virtually any Usooli Shia Maulanas in the world. ( Shirazis excluded)

Ayatullah Sistani and Khameni and virtually every single other Ayatullah are in agreement that 3rd Shahada is not part of the Adhaan

Ayatullah Sistani and Khameni and virtually every single other Ayatullah are in agreement that saying 3rd Shahada with the intention it is part of  Adhaan invalidates it

OK So your question why how do they say it without invalidating Adhaan?

Within the rules of Adhan you can take a break and restart the Adhaan

So the Muezzin recites the Adhaan up to the 2nd Shahada, takes a break says 3rd Shahada and then restarts Adhaan

Mohhamed Hussain Najafi is against this break and says we should recite according to the original formula proscribed to us by the Imams.

You ask why am I defending him when he is not my Marje. I am not defending him. I am highlighting an important issue with Shias and that is Adhaan.

As to my not knowing him him it doesnt matter I am defending the principle of Adhaan. He can be wrong on other issues, on this he is correct and in accordance with Ayatullh Sistani and Khameni .

If you have other 'gripes' with him please share and we can look at each one in turn but on the subject of Adhaan you are wrong 

The subject of Adhaan has been discussed ever since I joined this site and even now people are still confused. Do a search you will see

Edited by A true Sunni

@A true Shia I am very clear about the adhaan. I don't know how you derived the conclusion that I am confused.You don't have any arguments,never did so this is just clutching at straws.

It wasn't you it's me who has been quoting Sistani and Khamenei. You didn't even know dhakku's exact ruling about Adhaan so its funny now how are saying I am the one who confused. My marja says it's not part of Adhaan but it's preferable to still say it.If you saying I am wrong about then Sistani is wrong. 

Sistani and Khamenei say that 3rd testimony is not part of adhaan but it's preferable,  good and important that you say it in Adhaan for qurbatanillah and Dhakku says it's impermissible to say it in adhaan and you think these two rulings are the same?one forbidding it the other recommending it?

I not going to waste anymore time here repeating the same thing over and over for someone who is not ready to face the truth because of his prejudices.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, starlight said:

@A true Shia I am very clear about the adhaan. I don't know how you derived the conclusion that I am confused.You don't have any arguments,never did so this is just clutching at straws.

It wasn't you it's me who has been quoting Sistani and Khamenei. You didn't even know dhakku's exact ruling about Adhaan so its funny now how are saying I am the one who confused. My marja says it's not part of Adhaan but it's preferable to still say it.If you saying I am wrong about then Sistani is wrong. 

Sistani and Khamenei say that 3rd testimony is not part of adhaan but it's preferable,  good and important that you say it in Adhaan for qurbatanillah and Dhakku says it's impermissible to say it in adhaan and you think these two rulings are the same?one forbidding it the other recommending it?

I not going to waste anymore time here repeating the same thing over and over for someone who is not ready to face the truth because of his prejudices.

Again you repeat yourself without substance or proof allowing your own personal prejudices cloud your judgement.

i should warn you that as a moderator that you should not allow your personal animosity to cloud your judgement.

He is considered a Marje Taqleed by a section of Shia society as such you should not be using illogical arguments to defame him.

Since you are also from Pakistan that you will know that Mohammed Hussain Najafis opponents use the term Dhaku in a disparaging way and I would hope that wasn't your intention since this would be in breach of Shiachat rules.

You should not allow your animosity towards individuals confuse people on the issue of Adhaan. 

On 5/14/2017 at 3:14 PM, A true Sunni said:

So the Muezzin recites the Adhaan up to the 2nd Shahada, takes a break says 3rd Shahada and then restarts Adhaan

Adhan begans with 4 takbeer and there is waqf between every two takbeers.

Allaho Akbar, Allaho Akbar (waqf)
Allaho Akbar, Allaho Akbar, (waqf)
Ashhado anla ilaha illallah (waqf) before waqf, reciter says "wahdahu la shareeka lahu" in low voice
Ashhado anla ilaha illallah (waqf) before waqf reciter says "wahdahu la shareeka lahu" in low voice
Ashhado anna Muhammadan Rasoolullah (waqf) before waqf reciter recites salawat on prophet (pbuh)
Ashhado anna Muhammadan Rasoolullah (waqf) before waqt reciter recites salawat on prophet (pbuh)

Reciter include niyat of qurbat, and recall memory that what he is going to say is not juzz of adhan.

Ashhado anna Amiril Momineena, Wa Imamil Muttaqeena Aliyan waliullah (waqf) reciter recite salawat for Imam Ali
Ashhado anna Amiril Momineena, Wa Imamil Muttaqeena Aliya hujjatullah (waqf) reciter recite salawat for Imam Ali

Reciter recall memory that he is continuing the adhan, after finishing the third testimony twice.

Haiyya alassalah, Haiyya alassalah (waqf)

Haiyya alalfalah, Haiyya alalfalah (waqf)

Haiyya ala khairil amal, Haiyya ala khairil amal (waqf)

Allaho Akbar, Allaho Akbar (waqf)

La ilaha illallah, waqf & saying wahdahu la shareeka lahu
La ilaha illallah, waqf & saying wahdahu la shareeka lahu

End

This is how it is done.  And the waqf for shahadat-e-thalatha is not more than the previous waqf, as the reciter just need to switch his neeyah, which take not more than a milli second time.