Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
NYCboi

Are People Really This Conniving Selfish + Manipul

Rate this topic

or am  i just a moron?

I know these 9-12 yr old kids in my neighborhood who have all grown up together. There is one kid they bully or take advantage of all the time, and he is like 1-2 yrs their junior. One day i was sitting outside waiting for something so i saw them playing together and the kid just came. So they started making fun of him in a joking manner. Anyway, after a while one of them got serious and started being nice to him for like few seconds just to get his trust, and then asked him whether his birthday is coming soon or not? The kid said yeah so they all asked where  he is gonna take them for a party. anyway, the kid left and then they started making fun of the kid mocking him. *Then  one of them said that he has been lying to the kid about being born the next day to him. Then the other guy asked 'really?'. Then 2 others kids said that yeah they also were lying to the kid about their birthdays around him since the kid is superstitious and believes in horoscopes and is nice and gives things and gifts to them more because he thinks they are the same star*. Then the kids left and i was still there for some reason. Anyway, this made me think am i really naive like the bullied and used kid or were this kids really evil. Or all people are like these evil kids? Can anyone explain??

It was a dream so the thing about their birthdays being together made perfect sense to me. Otherwise, i dont understand the logic behind it after i woke up and realized what went on. If you share similar birthdays, you also have give parties to the kid. Or maybe they were doing to get kids from the kid for their birthdays? But still, they would have gotten the gifts on their real birthdays as well. So yeah, thats not the point of it. What am i asking is in the thread title.Are people really this conniving selfish & manipulative??

Most desis behave like that even when they grow up. When I am in a group of desis, I always feel like I am a big dark spot on a clean sheet which needs to get fixed. I mean I get it that everyone has flaws and they need to work on them but seriously, there's no one else that needs to be "fixed"? Americans can tolerate me, they think I deserve to at least live. Desis don't think that. And those people are the worst who pretend to be nice. When I avoid them and stop talking to them, then some people just pretend to be nice to gain my trust, and as soon as I start trusting them, they become the messenger for all the others.

(bismillah)

(salam)

What does the word "desi" mean? Who are the "desis"? Is it an Urdu word?

Many people use this word and I still have no idea what it means...

(wasalam)

Amina

Edited by Amina

(bismillah)

(salam)

What does the word "desi" mean? Who are the "desis"? Is it an Urdu word?

Many people use this word and I still have no idea what it means...

(wasalam)

Amina

(Salam)

Probably means indian-pakistanis. Basically Subcontinental.

(Wasalam)

Meh, I used to lead my friends onto beehives and then run away, my brother even fainted once because he got stung, they always looked like they were chewing something. 

I burnt a guy partly when I was kid and I also exploded fireworks inside another guys pocket, hit a guy with a rock once and beat up his brother, they both cried (same age as I was, 8-9), stole whenever I could, and pissed on my 15 year old cousin when I was 9 (accidently) was standing on a rock and peeing down and he walked right under it HAHA :lol: 

The kids nowadays look soft compared to what we did.

You don't really care for much when you're a kid, but everyone gets bullied at some point, I simply smashed their heads open with a rock when I got bullied. Lol the worst is when your mum tells you hit them back harder if they hit you, that's what I was told and what I did. :P

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

I remember back in Libya, we lived in a small city. Me(8) and my other friend(7) used to get annoyed by this one kid(5) who always kept following us around when we were out to play. We got annoyed by him to the point that I picked up a small fist sized rock and chucked it straight to his face, causing him to bleed and cry home. His dad eventually came out after us and complained to our dads. My dad had to apologize on my behalf for what I did, lol.

In another time, around the same age, I remember burning down an entire tree in our block causing almost everyone around our block to rush out with water buckets and turn it off before it spread to burn other trees. We loved burning stuff, but this one was accidental as I had intended to turn it off before it spread, however, I was too late. Lol.

In another time, we forced a cat inside a hole that was under our house and blocked the small entrance with rocks. It stayed there a whole night until my dad took it out quickly when he found out about it. It eventually got sick and died.

We also used to spin street cats around by holding them their tails and throwing them, pull out the wings of lady bugs, burn ants and beetles using a magnifying glass on hot and bright after noons but always ran away from scorpions lol.

And the list goes on, lol. But yeah, arab kids especially are devils lol.

(salam)

^Found 'desi' in the oxford dictionary :D

"Desi: A person of Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi birth or descent who lives abroad."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/desi

I didn't know that, when I use the word "desi", I mostly mean indian, pakistanis or bangladeshis. I didn't know it is used for those who live abroad.

We also used to spin street cats around by holding them their tails and throwing them, pull out the wings of lady bugs, burn ants and beetles using a magnifying glass on hot and bright after noons but always ran away from scorpions lol.

And the list goes on, lol. But yeah, arab kids especially are devils lol.

Lol I remember burning ants and flooding them :shaytan:

Was so much fun, my family had to buy water in tankers and I would waste it by pouring it on an ants hole

Did you guys ever make bees or dragon flies your pets, I would catch a bee, take its sting out and tie a thread to its leg and watch it fly around while I held the string, was only 6 or 7, now 7 year old boys cry as soon as they see bees.

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha