Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson

Considering Going Hajj

Rate this topic

Salam,

I am considering going hajj next year during my gap year and decided to start doing some research now. I have a few questions I would like to ask regarding hajj.

1) Should I go hajj next year (if I am financially able to) or should I wait till I get married and then go with my spouse? Hajj is quite expensive as most people know and I am not sure I would go more than once since I would have more responsibilities such as house rent, car (tax/petrol), other load of bills, wife, kids, etc. So if I go next year I will probably not be able to take my wife to hajj.

2) What package shall I buy? Shall I buy the 'normal' packages or are there packages specifically for Shia's? Also, is it possible to just do everything alone without being in a group?

4) As a Shia, will I face problems during hajj? If so, what kind of problems would I be likely to face. Would I have to give information about my beliefs when applying for hajj or is it not necessary?

3) I like my hair, you can say it's longer than average, do I have to cut it? 

Wsalam,

I really want go, I will most likely go with my mum but am not sure about how the mahram thing works.

If your marrying someone next year then that would be a great honey moon gift,super cute,lol.

For guys they have to cut all their hairs,from what I know. But girls can cut a small amount.

I dont think you need to tell them what sector your from. I have heard that some people do kick the turba out of other peoples way and that why some people hold the turbah in their hand when praying. It sunnis that kick it by the way but I cant say all of them do that.

I would go in a group, you learn more and you get to know more people. I think it is saver to be in a group but that is just me..

You cant use fragrent products,so you need to by simple products,they smell like nothing,lol.

Wsalam,

I really want go, I will most likely go with my mum but am not sure about how the mahram thing works.

If your marrying someone next year then that would be a great honey moon gift,super cute,lol.

For guys they have to cut all their hairs,from what I know. But girls can cut a small amount.

I dont think you need to tell them what sector your from. I have heard that some people do kick the turba out of other peoples way and that why some people hold the turbah in their hand when praying. It sunnis that kick it by the way but I cant say all of them do that.

I would go in a group, you learn more and you get to know more people. I think it is saver to be in a group but that is just me..

You cant use fragrent products,so you need to by simple products,they smell like nothing,lol.

Thanks for your reply, would we even need a turbah though? Can't we prostrate on the floor? But yeah holding it would be okay. I mean if that's the only mistreatment we get then it's manageable.

As for getting married next year, that won't happen as I will only be 19 and still have uni to go through. Shame that I will cut of all of my hair. :(

Also should I go with sunni's or find a Shia group? I did some googling but I can't find any Shia ones, apart from the one Solitude posted.

Thanks for your reply, would we even need a turbah though? Can't we prostrate on the floor? But yeah holding it would be okay. I mean if that's the only mistreatment we get then it's manageable.

As for getting married next year, that won't happen as I will only be 19 and still have uni to go through. Shame that I will cut of all of my hair. :(

Also should I go with sunni's or find a Shia group? I did some googling but I can't find any Shia ones, apart from the one Solitude posted.

Aww, I know hair is like so important but dont worry about it, it will grow. I would go with a shia group you can call a shia mosque to find out which groups you can go with. Going with shia is better because they believe the same things as you and they will teach about what you can do and cant do in mecca.

Am not sure if you can pray directly on the floor but if you go with a group there will be a sayad that will explain everything to you and others. Inshallah shia dont face any mistreatment and hopefull it goes smoothelly for all of them.

May I ask what are the main differences in haj ritual btw shia vs sunni, so that I be aware of them?

p.s. I know one thing is solat tawaf wida, or something like that, if you dont do you cannot sleep wif wifey ...

Edited by Vale of Tempe

I am considering going hajj next year during my gap year and decided to start doing some research now. I have a few questions I would like to ask regarding hajj.

1) Should I go hajj next year (if I am financially able to) or should I wait till I get married and then go with my spouse? Hajj is quite expensive as most people know and I am not sure I would go more than once since I would have more responsibilities such as house rent, car (tax/petrol), other load of bills, wife, kids, etc. So if I go next year I will probably not be able to take my wife to hajj.

Dont wait. Perform Hajj next year.

If Allah gives you more money some day, you can perform another Hajj with your future wife and kids, InshaAllah.

2) What package shall I buy? Shall I buy the 'normal' packages or are there packages specifically for Shia's? Also, is it possible to just do everything alone without being in a group?

Take the Shia package. You cannot do things on your own. You should go with a well known Shia group with experience.

Hajj is a difficult worship. There are multiple complications that group leaders can easily overcome. There are language issues, transportation issues, accommodation problems, food problems, health problems and above all mistakes that need correction.

And Shia hajj rituals are different from Sunni Hajj rituals. For example Sunnis dont perform a Tawaf called Tawaf an.Nissa. If you dont perform it your wife could get haram for you. So its not that easy.

4) As a Shia, will I face problems during hajj? If so, what kind of problems would I be likely to face. Would I have to give information about my beliefs when applying for hajj or is it not necessary?

There are no restrictions on Shia on performing Hajj. If you have to declare your faith while applying its Ok. As a Shia

-You cant use Sajda Gah (mohor) to prostate on while offering prayers outside. Like near Kaaba or Masjid Nabawi. But there are other alternatives like doing sajda on a wodden matt, tissue paper or marble floor.

-Sometime they give hard time when you visit Jannat al Baqi graveyard.

Your Shia group will help you get arround these and many more issues.

-

Yes

Salam,

(salam)

dear friend,

since there are many differences concerning the Hajj issues btw maraje, you better refer to one knowledgeable scholar nearby who is experienced in Hajj issues.

Fee amane Allah

Salam,

Yes best to go soon as you can.

Its bests to go with a shia group especially if its your first time they will take you through it step by step according to your marja. Yes it's possible to do it alone but I wouldn't recommed it ,what if you were in situation which could invalidate your hajj but you didn't have an sheikh to ask. Groups will have sheikhs who will be able to ask answers according to the marja you follow. 

Some Shia groups but I personally would chose an expensive one for better accomodation expect some hardship

http://www.hajtours.net/

http://www.eurohajjmission.org/home.htm

http://www.shiraztravel.co.uk/hajj/

http://alehsan.com/

http://www.watfordtravel.com/packaged-tours/hajj/

There will be others groups

Nothing to be too concerned about just usually stuff which everyone will face. The authorites don't like you reading your own books there, so if your in jannat ul baqi and crowd is reducing they might say something if they see you reading it. But if you go striaght after fajr there's no problems its full and everyone doing it just stand behind someone just don't do it front of the religious police. Same with the masjid nabawi careful who you use books and turba's in front. You won't need a turba in Haram you can do sajad on the marble floor, if you do use a turba in carpeted area just be aware someone might make a issue and they might take it. It easier just to use a piece of paper if your in carpeted area. 

Yes its recommended to do halaq shave the whole head for men those doing it first time, i'm sure it grow back insha'Allah better than before

Wsalam,

I really want go, I will most likely go with my mum but am not sure about how the mahram thing works

s a,

If you don't have marham and want to go let a group know they will sort it out for you. I was down to be someone mahram who I didn't know who they were. They will find someone within the group

ws

s a,

If you don't have marham and want to go let a group know they will sort it out for you. I was down to be someone mahram who I didn't know who they were. They will find someone within the group

ws

Salam,

Can I ask why do I need a mahram,like what will he do for me? If I go with females to do the tawaf and do everything with a group of girls then I dont see why I need a man with me. I know that you can get another man thats not relative to be a mahram.

All females need to be accompanied by a male mahram according to the saudi version of islamic laws. When you apply for a visa, you need to declare the name of your mahram relative on your visa application. His name will appear on the hajj visa that is issued to you. You should try to go with a male mahram relative so that 1) you have someone to protect you during your time there and 2) so that avoid lying about who your mahram is. Many ladies choose to travel for hajj without a mahram, and the group you go with pairs you up with another male in the group and pretends he is your biological brother for the purpose of getting you a visa. You will stand next to each other in the airport as you enter KSA whilst your visa is being checked. Once you are in the country, you don't need to associate with each other.

I would strongly advise all women to wait until they can go with a real mahram, it's ever so helpful to have a male relative to protect you. You will also have alot more freedom and can do your own thing more if you are accompanied by a male relative, if you are a woman travelling alone then you should stick with your group for your own safety.

Salam,

Can I ask why do I need a mahram,like what will he do for me? If I go with females to do the tawaf and do everything with a group of girls then I dont see why I need a man with me. I know that you can get another man thats not relative to be a mahram.

s a,

Saudi law to get in the country you have to have a mahram with you who is family. Like you said your okay with a group of women that's why other groups might arrange something for you to get into the country. If a group arrange something for you it doesn't literally mean you will have a real mahram with you, the man won't do anything for you if he isn't. You probably won't even know who they used. I never lined up with anyone at the airport or knew I was even down to be someone mahram until after.

Saudi Arabia have refused women who did not have mahram with them, there was story in the news once when some Africa women said their husband would be joining them later they refused them entry. 

w s

s a,

Saudi law to get in the country you have to have a mahram with you who is family. Like you said your okay with a group of women that's why other groups might arrange something for you to get into the country. If a group arrange something for you it doesn't literally mean you will have a real mahram with you, the man won't do anything for you if he isn't. You probably won't even know who they used. I never lined up with anyone at the airport or knew I was even down to be someone mahram until after.

Saudi Arabia have refused women who did not have mahram with them, there was story in the news once when some Africa women said their husband would be joining them later they refused them entry. 

w s

I totally forgot that it's saudi, I know they have stricket rules there. That's fine, I just thought I have to be with him all the time.

Inshallah I will go there soon.