Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
GermanShia

Most Beloved Act For Allah (?)

Rate this topic

salam

is there an act, or knowledge, or something else which is the most beloved to Allah?

to come him as close as we only can with something which we should know about him or do for him?

(something like recognise ahlulbayt AS or prayer (maybe special prayer or dua or fasting?)

(wasalam)

That's a difficult question because I suppose as the end of the day only Allah swt knows in which deeds the most reward (and consequently the most punishment) is. Obviously all the deeds you mentioned are good and acts like Salatul Layl and particular Mustahab fasts especially, are prescribed to have high rewards but when the Holy Prophet (sws) was migrating to Madinah for example, Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s) who usually used to spend his nights awake in Ibadah, slept in the bed of the Prophet sws to protect him and the reward in sleeping (on that particular night) was great. Similarly sleeping in Ramadan has its own reward. As you can see, the point I'm getting at is there are many good acts ie giving sadaqah, dhikr, maintaining family ties, respect to parents and combined they should all bring you closer to Allah swt but there is no way of knowing whose actions or which actions are most beloved. I think niyyah when performing the act will be indispensable in how beloved the particular act is. 

Edited by *Sayyeda*

Fear of Allah.

Ali ibn al-Husayn, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following: “A man once set sail with his people and suffered a shipwreck. Everyone on board died except his wife who clung to a board and landed on an island where there lived a robber who had left no instance of disobedience to Allah but had committed them all. Without knowing anything about the shipwreck he found the woman standing over his head. He raised his head and asked her, ‘Are you a human being or a Jinni?’ She replied, ‘I am a human being.’ He then did not say any other word but began to behave like a husband. When he advanced for a carnal relation she panicked. He asked, ‘Why have you panicked?’ She said, ‘I am afraid of this, pointing to the heavens.’ He then asked, ‘Have you done any such thing wrong against Him?’ She said, ‘No, I swear by His Glory that I have not done any such thing against Him.’ He then said, ‘You fear Him this much when you have done nothing against Him and it is only I that force you into this. In fact, I swear by Allah, I am the one who must be afraid of Him more so than you are.’ The robber then moved away without speaking a word and went back to his family. He then had no other aim but to repent and return to Allah. Once as he was walking on the road, a monk joined him walking in the same direction. The day was hot and the monk suggested that they should pray to Allah to send them a piece of cloud to provide shade against the hot sun. The young man (once a robber) said, ‘I do not think I have any good deed with my Lord so I dare not pray to Him.’ The monk said, ‘I pray and you say, Amen.’ He agreed and the monk began to pray and the young man said the Amen part. Quickly a piece of cloud appeared and provided them a shadow. They walked comfortably under the shadow against the sun. The road then divided and the young man walked in one road and the monk in the other one. The shadow went along over the young man. The monk said, ‘You are better than me. The prayer was accepted because of you, not because of me. Now tell me what is your story?’ The young man told him the story of the woman. The monk said, ‘Your sins of the past are forgiven because of fear that entered in your heart. Pay proper attention to your future behaviors.’”

And

“Patience and agreeing with the decisions of Allah is the head of obedience to Allah. If one exercises patience and agrees with the decisions of Allah in all the matters which he loves or dislikes, Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, will not make any decision in any of his affairs which he loves or dislikes but that the decisions are in his best interest.”

And

Recently read this

Imam al-Baqir [a] said,

"Whoever recites 'Say: He is Allah, the One! (qul huwallahu ahad)' once will receive a blessing.

And whoever recites it twice will receive a blessing upon himself and his family.

And whoever recites it three times will receive a blessing upon himself, his family, and his neighbours.

And whoever recites it twelve times, Allah will build for him twelve mansions in Paradise. The guardian angels will say: 'Come with us to the mansions of our brother so-and-so, so that we may look at it!'

And whoever recites it one hundred times, he will be forgiven for 25 years of sin, except for his shedding of [the] blood [of others] and [sins related to] wealth.

And whoever recites it four hundred times, he will be given the reward of 400 martyrs whose horses were slaughtered and whose bled was spilled.

And whoever recites it one thousand times in a day and night, he will not die until he sees his place in Paradise and recognizes it."

Reward of 400 martyrs o.o

And

قالَ الإمامُ الصّادِقُعليه السلام: اِنَّ فَوقَ كُلِّ عِبادَة عِبادَة وَ حُبُّنا أَهلَ البَيتِ أَفضَلُ عِبادَةٍ.

Imam Sadiq [a.s.] said: "Verily, there are various degrees of serving Allah, but affection (and cordial inclination) for us, Ahlul Bayt, is the highest one." Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 27, p. 91

via Hadith Browser App for iOS/Android

And ziyarat of Imam Hussain shrine is one.of the best acts.

salam

is there an act, or knowledge, or something else which is the most beloved to Allah?

to come him as close as we only can with something which we should know about him or do for him?

(something like recognise ahlulbayt AS or prayer (maybe special prayer or dua or fasting?)

Marriage, it is what Allah loves and it secures your faith, so do that if you haven't yet.

Allah also loves a hard working Muslim, his work is better than prayers and more valuable to Allah.

Studying is also a form of worship, Study and educate yourself, Allah will love you for it.

Fear of Allah.

Ali ibn al-Husayn, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following: “A man once set sail with his people and suffered a shipwreck. Everyone on board died except his wife who clung to a board and landed on an island where there lived a robber who had left no instance of disobedience to Allah but had committed them all. Without knowing anything about the shipwreck he found the woman standing over his head. He raised his head and asked her, ‘Are you a human being or a Jinni?’ She replied, ‘I am a human being.’ He then did not say any other word but began to behave like a husband. When he advanced for a carnal relation she panicked. He asked, ‘Why have you panicked?’ She said, ‘I am afraid of this, pointing to the heavens.’ He then asked, ‘Have you done any such thing wrong against Him?’ She said, ‘No, I swear by His Glory that I have not done any such thing against Him.’ He then said, ‘You fear Him this much when you have done nothing against Him and it is only I that force you into this. In fact, I swear by Allah, I am the one who must be afraid of Him more so than you are.’ The robber then moved away without speaking a word and went back to his family. He then had no other aim but to repent and return to Allah. Once as he was walking on the road, a monk joined him walking in the same direction. The day was hot and the monk suggested that they should pray to Allah to send them a piece of cloud to provide shade against the hot sun. The young man (once a robber) said, ‘I do not think I have any good deed with my Lord so I dare not pray to Him.’ The monk said, ‘I pray and you say, Amen.’ He agreed and the monk began to pray and the young man said the Amen part. Quickly a piece of cloud appeared and provided them a shadow. They walked comfortably under the shadow against the sun. The road then divided and the young man walked in one road and the monk in the other one. The shadow went along over the young man. The monk said, ‘You are better than me. The prayer was accepted because of you, not because of me. Now tell me what is your story?’ The young man told him the story of the woman. The monk said, ‘Your sins of the past are forgiven because of fear that entered in your heart. Pay proper attention to your future behaviors.’”

And

“Patience and agreeing with the decisions of Allah is the head of obedience to Allah. If one exercises patience and agrees with the decisions of Allah in all the matters which he loves or dislikes, Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, will not make any decision in any of his affairs which he loves or dislikes but that the decisions are in his best interest.”

And

Recently read this

Imam al-Baqir [a] said,

"Whoever recites 'Say: He is Allah, the One! (qul huwallahu ahad)' once will receive a blessing.

And whoever recites it twice will receive a blessing upon himself and his family.

And whoever recites it three times will receive a blessing upon himself, his family, and his neighbours.

And whoever recites it twelve times, Allah will build for him twelve mansions in Paradise. The guardian angels will say: 'Come with us to the mansions of our brother so-and-so, so that we may look at it!'

And whoever recites it one hundred times, he will be forgiven for 25 years of sin, except for his shedding of [the] blood [of others] and [sins related to] wealth.

And whoever recites it four hundred times, he will be given the reward of 400 martyrs whose horses were slaughtered and whose bled was spilled.

And whoever recites it one thousand times in a day and night, he will not die until he sees his place in Paradise and recognizes it."

Reward of 400 martyrs o.o

And

قالَ الإمامُ الصّادِقُعليه السلام: اِنَّ فَوقَ كُلِّ عِبادَة عِبادَة وَ حُبُّنا أَهلَ البَيتِ أَفضَلُ عِبادَةٍ.

Imam Sadiq [a.s.] said: "Verily, there are various degrees of serving Allah, but affection (and cordial inclination) for us, Ahlul Bayt, is the highest one." Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 27, p. 91

via Hadith Browser App for iOS/Android

And ziyarat of Imam Hussain shrine is one.of the best acts.

I would say the only better thing would be to say that in sujood because if one knew the blessings of prostration he would never want to rise from prostration.

Edited by shiamehdi14