Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Conflict 2014 [Breaking News Only]

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Rami @RamiAlLolah · 1m

Extreme fierce clashes in #Taji and #Tarmia as we speak.. #Baghdad #Iraq

Rami @RamiAlLolah · now

I am getting reliable information #ISIS and tribe fighters have announced the begining of #Baghdad battle.. #Iraq 

Northwest%20Belt.jpg

Rami ‏@RamiAlLolah · 10m 
Reports #Maliki troops flee Khan Bani Saad #Diyala. #Iraq #ISIS

Ghazi ‏@ghazishami 16 min
PRT CONFIRMATION: North gate of Baghdad fallen to ISIS.

North gate of Baghdad fallen to ISIS!!!

-----------------

ISIS easily passing and infiltrating Iraqi security checkpoints and military bases using captured Iraqi uniforms and vehicles.

- Small sistanist volunteer regiment executed after being deceived by ISIS wearing iraqi army uniforms and driving humvees!!!!

• Veteran Member

REPORT: 200 American contractors surrounded by jihadists

http://www.drudgereportarchives.net/Article.php?ID=515103&

@ghazishami 18m

UNCONFIRMED: Iraqi "rebels" claim a helicopter hit in Samarra', rumoured to be PM Nuri al-Maliki and other high ranking officials.

ISIS released images of flying the Blackhawk chopper they captured from #Mosul in #Iraq pic.twitter.com/IZ5QRNOj4J

retweets: 49

Bp70VI3CEAEiqBW.jpg

• Veteran Member

Social media was blocked yesterday.

Yes it was, smart move to block one of ISIS means to communicate

ISIS using Iraqi Military vehicles and uniforms to inflitrate government areas and assassinate ISF/security #ISIS #Iraq

video from 1 day ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvWebcF0Wcs

UNCONFIRMED #Photo: The helicopter bombarded #Maliki meeting in al-Majazarah base in #Samarra #Iraq #ISIS via @rabiih pic.twitter.com/E0Hv4NAoHz

BqCOC2PCMAE6r1j.jpg

"Maliki Meeting In Samarra Fuels ISIS Attack Rumors On Twitter"

http://www.ibtimes.com/maliki-meeting-samarra-fuels-isis-attack-rumors-twitter-1601092

-------------------------------

Crazy OP is crazy.

this video reminds me of you

Rescue our citizens from Iraq now...200 under fire at ISIS airport #ISIS #Iraq #Obama #USArmy #DOD #whitehouse #SECDEF #25thID #Dragoons

ISIS Captured 4500 Iraqi Soldiers Near Tikrit

A UN spokesman says the number of killings could run into the hundreds. Unconfirmed reports say 1,700 Shia soldiers have been executed.

CNN

23 minutes ago

Radicals close in on Baghdad
The militant group known as ISIS is steadily moving towards Baghdad. CNN's Arwa Damon reports.

• Veteran Member

We tried to call friends in Baghdad this morning (Friday) and the phones were not working.

late Friday EDT

al-Alam is reporting a counter offensive in Sammarra has destroyed 200 ISIS vehicles. No body-count reported.

• Advanced Member

Brother RiseOrDie where did you found those information regarding attack on Baghdad? What's your source? If you are not 100% sure about the things then please don't post them otherwise your information is welcome.

Edited by sayedamir2000

• Veteran Member

Iraq regains control of towns northern Baghdad

Breaking! 500 US Citizens trapped in Baghdad now live screaming for help!
I am writing from ballad Iraq as a employee of sallyport, ksillc..there are approx 500 US citizens on balad air base north of Baghdad trapped..we are part of a little known F16 iraq support mission here...The company has reportedly for the last 3 days to fly us out, we are now all herded into a central location on base..and being told nothing..The clint lockheed martin, DoS and most women have already been evacuated days ago but we are all still here. I hope this message is received by someone that can break this as headline news to bring attention to the situation for us..we are all worried and in dire straight as last security Intel reports Isis elements around us..

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1143661?ref=feeds/latest

• Forum Administrators

Please try and use this thread only to ANNOUNCE breaking news.

I'd recommend ONLY creating a new thread for a breaking news item, if it is:

a. really significant

b. confirmed from a number of different news sources/authorities OR you have personally heard it from a private/reliable source in Iraq

Broader discussions can take place in the other threads e.g. this one:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235023041-2014-iraq-conflict-opinion-analysis/page-13#entry2710410

Edited by Haji 2003

• Veteran Member

sat 14June14: al-Alam reports that Tikrit and Samarra have been retaken. :yaali:

FRDA News, Sun15June14:

Reports, Peshmerga have retaken an outpost 24Km west of Kirkuk.

Maliki visited Samarra on Friday.

An unconfirmed report says that 50 fighters belonging to ISIS and Saddam Hussein's regime have been killed, to include a Vice President's son. Again, FRDA says they have not confirmed this.

Also, 12 clerics were execute in Mosul for not swearing allegiance to ISIS.

Edited by hasanhh

• Veteran Member

Sunday ~1030 EDT Voice of Amerika

The Turkoman town of Tal Afar has been retaken.

Syrian air raid hits ISIS HQ in Raqqa, Syria -the only Syrian city ISIS 'controls'

Can't find anything about getting the border areas into a kill zone.

From what I am reading the Iraqi "army" is moving way to slow.

The Sunday Morning talking heads on ABC, especially,  and NBC used 2 and 3 day-old news like it was "breaking news" and completely unaware of Tikrit and Samarra.  Did refer to the mass murders, and said there are 800,000 refugees.

Richard Engle, NBC, was in Irbil and was more "informed".

ISIS being portrayed as a domestic terrorist threat to the US with the equipment they captured --Gosh, I didn't know those HUMVEEs and Tanks could swim and fly.!

Obama still playing around in California and no meeting scheduled until Monday or Tuesday, opine: which is OK since the US is irrelevant.

• Veteran Member

(CNN) -- The northwest Iraqi city of Tal Afar has fallen to ISIS militants, according to the Iraqi Gen. Mohammed al-Quraishi. Many of Tal Afar residents, ethnic minority Shiite Turkmen, fled the fighting by heading north toward Iraq's Kurdish region. Tal Afar is in northwest Iraq in Nineveh province, midway between the country's border with Syria and the Iraqi city of Mosul north of Baghdad.

• Advanced Member

(CNN) -- The northwest Iraqi city of Tal Afar has fallen to ISIS militants, according to the Iraqi Gen. Mohammed al-Quraishi. Many of Tal Afar residents, ethnic minority Shiite Turkmen, fled the fighting by heading north toward Iraq's Kurdish region. Tal Afar is in northwest Iraq in Nineveh province, midway between the country's border with Syria and the Iraqi city of Mosul north of Baghdad.

Buddy... where are you getting this info from??? I hope you realize that this is mostly propaganda. 

Propaganda is perhaps the most potent weapon of scum like da'esh and the baathis.

• Veteran Member

Google is your friend, a simple search for tal afar will bring the results

http://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2014/06/15/isis-attacks-turkmen-city-in-northern-iraq

---------------------

@PzFeed 1m

Military official says less than 100 US military personnel headed to Iraq to augment us embassy security, mix of Marines & Army. Reuters

-----------------------------------------------------

Rami ‏@RamiAlLolah · 9m

#Egypt Foreign Ministry: We have evacuated 900 from our citizens from #Iraq until now.. #ISIS

---------------------------------------------

Rami @RamiAlLolah · 23 seg

Unconfirmed reports army commander of #Ninawa 'Abu al-Walid' captured by tribe fighters along with tens of soldiers in #TalAfar. #Iraq #ISIS

--------------------

BREAKING!!!

Rudaw English ‏@RudawEnglish

#ISIS Proposes Truce to #Kurdish Peshmerga South of #Kirkuk #iraq #twitterkurds [link to fb.me]

Rumours peshmerga may have already refused the truce and clashes continue in northwest Iraq between Kurds and ISIS

Iraqi volunteers in Taji have high morale, READY FOR WAR Check out @RisingTruth1's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RisingTruth1/status/478330903845167105

Edited by RiseOrDie

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Ref to post 15: CBS said Sunday night that the ISIS/Hussein regime report is correct, but nothing about a VP's son.

Ref to posts 18 & 19: different news organizations are saying one or the other about Tal Afar.

jaguar_knight: we agree with your caution and Martha Radditz, ABC, I think it was who said today, that there are so many conflicting reports that it is hard to get an idea of what is going on.

Sunday night news confirmed what I wrote somewhere(from a source) that the US is evacuating the Embassy in Baghdad and sending in more marines to guard it.

Brave State Dept: they cut and run while thousands of US citizens as contractors are stranded through out Iraq. :mad:

• Advanced Member

Breaking News

Ausamah alnujaifi the traitor fled to Turkey after being convicted with conspiracy against Iraq and treason.

I think we should wait till Qunbar and Ghidan also find a way out before we convict them ?

Iraq is moving slower than a turtle , I swear if it wasn't for the call of Ayt Sistani, Baghdad would have been now ruled by Daish. A plot to take over the interior ministry was ruined two days ago but we do still hear about bombs in Baghdad.

• Veteran Member

Ref to posts 18,19 and 22

Monday 16June14 The US nutworks are reporting that ISIS has taken Tal Afar and the Turkish Shiites have fled.

Correction to Post #22: The reporter who said it is about impossible "to dis-entangle" reports was Jane Afaar of Al-Jazeera and The Christian Science Monitor.

CNN is reporting that the US Embassy is being evacuated and that 50-100 Army and Marines have been sent in to reinforce the guard with another 550 Marines entering the Persian Gulf.

Comment on another site:  ISIS stands for "I'm Sick, I'm Sick" --which I equate with "I'm Sick-in-the-Head..."

Ibn Sohan: are your referring to the Usama al-Nujaifi who was Minister of Industry, and just had his name struck from the "winners list" for Parliament; brother a provincial governor; and has fled to Istanbul .???????

My source: "Dinar Speculator"

• Veteran Member
Third good news :

There are reports that the number of the students in that air force collage was 45.

Are they the same martyred students whose pics of killings are circulating around? Are they the ones being killed in the pics I posted in the other thread?

What the number 1700 was about?

• Advanced Member

I know, their pictures are on every mainstream media but there are reports that this is untrue. Pics can be faked, we already saw plenty of fake pictures used during the Syrian war, plenty of same tactics are being reused here.

You can pic whatever news you want, i prefer the non mainstream media ones.

• Veteran Member
You can pic whatever news you want, i prefer the non mainstream media ones.

I have access only to mainstream news outlets, Western and Arab ones. I don't know the non-mainstream web media covering Iraqi developments.

That's why I am keeping an eye on this thread to get updates from people like you who are knowledgeable about the situation in Iraq and keeping SCers informed of the real developments.

So I was wondering where did they figure of 1700 originate from, and who faked those pictures and what are their motives.

• Moderators

Militants infiltrate into Iraq via Saudi Arabia: Official - See more at:

alalam_635385320679272851_25f_4x3.jpg

Armed elements have infiltrated into Iraqi border areas through Saudi Arabia in a bid to launch further attacks on the country, a senior provincial official says.

According to our intelligence, armed militants have infiltrated into the desert area bordering Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. The intelligence confirmed that the militants have used vehicles with Saudi license plates, the senior member of the security committee in the province of Dhi Qar told Al Sumaria network on Monday.

The terrorists are collecting information and planning acts of sabotage in the region, the official said.
Iraqi security forces are monitoring the situation and set up security checkpoints in the region to prevent any possible attack, the official added.

On June 10, the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants took control of Mosul, which was followed by the fall of Tikrit, located 140 kilometers (87 miles) northwest of the capital, Baghdad. Hundreds of thousands of people have been forced out of their homes since then.

The ISIL militants have vowed to continue their raid toward the capital Baghdad, but Iraqi forces and around 1.5 million volunteers succeeded in halting the terrorists’ advance and pushing the militants back.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has blamed Saudi Arabia and Qatar for the security crisis and growing terrorism in his country, denouncing the Al Saud regime as a major supporter of global terrorism.
RA/NJF

• Veteran Member

This picture strongly suggests state sponsorship: they are all the same pick-up trucks.!

Marbles: the 1700 is the number said since Wednesday of the number of Iraqi troops that were massacred after their surrender. There are some ISIS videos bragging about this showing the murder.

• Advanced Member

So I was wondering where did they figure of 1700 originate from, and who faked those pictures and what are their motives.

1700 is the number that's floating around but non-verified and un-confirmed. The purpose as you can guess is media propaganda.