Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
RiseOrDie

Iraq Conflict 2014 [Breaking News Only]

Rate this topic

Breaking News:

Mortar shells hit Askariya holy shrine in Samarra

6 hours ago

Al Mayadeen TV channel announced a mortar attack on the Askariya holy shrine in Samarra.Al Mayadeen TV channel announced a mortar attack on the Askariya holy shrine in Samarra.

According to the report the outer wall of the shrine was damaged.

The attack did not damage the inner parts of the shrine's building, but left 14 people injured.

Any further news will be posted later.

http://www.abna.ir/english/service/important/archive/2014/06/19/617245/story.html

14 casualties in Shiite holy shrine in Samarra - Iraq

5 hours ago

Brief

Police sources reported here that 14 persons were injured by two shells that fell on the surroundings of Shiite holy shrine of Imam Ali al-Hadi in Samarra' city.

fc391eb9d23477151690f62a46e5234d.jpg

Police sources reported here that 14 persons were injured by two shells that fell on the surroundings of Shiite holy shrine of Imam Ali al-Hadi in Samarra' city.

The sources pointed out that a Katyousha shell fell on the holy site, 40 km south of Tikrit that resulted in wounding four of federal police personnel and five from the Golden Division.

Another rocket fell on a distance of less than one kilometer from the holy shrine that resulted in wounding five civilians, including a woman and a child, the sources added.

http://www.abna.ir/english/service/important/archive/2014/06/19/617260/story.html

Edited by Orion

Thurs,19June14:

al-Alam is reporting: Advance to Mosul being prepared by Iraqi Army; US F-18 flying surveillance missions; and the FSA in Syria is to swear allegiance to ISIS.

@10:19EDT  more from media-land:

Al-Jazeera's reports are behind the other sites

DeautscheWelle dw.de is mostly soccer and "analysis" on Iraq

PressTV:  reports that ISIS/ISIL wants 'jihad-ul-nikka" with the women in Mosul  :sick:  <---the women's reaction, ed.

Hurriyat Daily (Turkey) 1) criticizes the Turkish gov't for restricting reporting on the 80 Turkish hostages; 2) quotes AFP that Sec Kerry said the US will share information with Iran 'but will not cooperate'.

Finally, :lol:  Daily Star. Lebanon, in the article, "Tripoli gathering: Iraq a "revolution of oppressed' ",19Jun14, reports that the "National Islamic Gathering" [?] in Lebanon condemns Tehran for its oppressive policies in Iraq.   :shifty: :wacko: :donno:

Edited by hasanhh

Salams,

If you guys might recall, during the 2006 war, intially there were conflicting reports. Infact, initially Israel made massive gain, until t slowly but surely the resistance caught up and drove them out and gave them a loss  that they still regret. It's good to be update with the findings, but we need to have firm belief (myself included), that provided people are sincerely fighting for the sake of Allah (SWT) the final victory will be the with believers.

Salman

Barack Obama announced on Thursday that a contingent up to 300 “military advisers” will be sent to help Iraq's beleaguered army repel the advance of Sunni insurgents, but insisted the US would not be dragged into another bloody war in the country.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/obama-100-special-forces-iraq

Useless. They're just being sent to spy on whatever the Iranians are doing.

Don't know why Maliki agreed to this, unless the Americans threatened him with assassination.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/obama-100-special-forces-iraq

Useless. They're just being sent to spy on whatever the Iranians are doing.

Don't know why Maliki agreed to this, unless the Americans threatened him with assassination.

I heard several months ago that Maliki would be assassinated but not sure about this information, especially in case if he won't take us orders.

Edited by sayedamir2000

BREAKING NEWS

Sayyed Sistani calls all Iraqis to fight against ISIS before "everyone regret it tomorrow"

"our call is not sectarian in nature" he added " we are calling to fight against ISIS specifically"

Can you put this on more details brother? Does this mean also that all iraqis around the world or just the iraqis living in Iraq? I got one thing in my mind today and that was the let's suppose that Iraq would be split into three different countries, one for shia, one for sunni and one for kurds. Even in that case there would be a war against shias after that split. This would be the dream of usa and israel because once that division is done they could use this sunni country to wage war against all shia countries. So there's not a chance that it would be splitted and if in any case would be splitted that I don't believe then we have made a huge mistake.

Can you put this on more details brother? Does this mean also that all iraqis around the world or just the iraqis living in Iraq? I got one thing in my mind today and that was the let's suppose that Iraq would be split into three different countries, one for shia, one for sunni and one for kurds. Even in that case there would be a war against shias after that split. This would be the dream of usa and israel because once that division is done they could use this sunni country to wage war against all shia countries. So there's not a chance that it would be splitted and if in any case would be splitted that I don't believe then we have made a huge mistake.

Sayyed Sistani fatwa excluded :Those abroad, the students and those who work in gov. The fatwa has also restricted the volunteers to the Iraqi army only meaning that joining the political parties militia will not fulfill the obligation.

Sayyed Sistani fatwa excluded :Those abroad, the students and those who work in gov. The fatwa has also restricted the volunteers to the Iraqi army only meaning that joining the political parties militia will not fulfill the obligation.

Thank you brother, but isn't that original fatwa that Sayed Sistani may Allah (S.W.T) bless him commenced and it was detailed to such like you described because I read the described version few days ago.

I must be confused. I check Sistani's website and find nothing.

But find all kinds of comments and corrections to a 'fatwa' that Sistani is supposed to have expressed in western news media. Now this is copied by gulfnews and who knows who will copy it next.

Comments?