Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Conflict 2014 [Breaking News Only]

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hey , I feel that i have started an unwarranted debate here. This section seems to be specific for news only so i shall share my views on the rest of the threads but i must reiterate that i stand by the content that i shared. I feel that Shias in Baghdad must have started massacring Sunnis there as it is understandable in the context of whatever insanity is going on in Iraq.

Your source was disproves already. You stand by what? You know it as truth or simply think that's whats going on? Prove to us Sunnis being targeted by Shias.

• Advanced Member

BREAKING NEWS. 13, policemen and civilians killed and wounded in a suicide attack in Kadhimiyah north of Baghdad. print-icon.gif save-icon.gif 07/07/2014 14:55:00

BAGHDAD / Nina /-- 13, policemen and civilians killed and wounded in a suicide attack on a checkpoint in Kadhimiyah area in northern Baghdad today.

A police source told the National Iraqi News Agency / Nina /: "A suicide car bomber attacked a checkpoint at the entrance to Kadhimiyah area near Jawadain bridge , noting that the attack resulted in the deaths of three policemen and wounding 10, policemen and civilians." / End

• Advanced Member

I have been reading this forum for a while and it seems that people here are propagating one side of the story. Here is the other side of the story.

Shia death squads return to Iraq and target Sunnis by name in Baghdad. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/iraq/article4139337.ece

I think this person deserves a more thought out response. I will try to provide some explanation, Jasmine Afridi.

Everything I say here is strictly my own opinion, feel free to correct me or disagree with me.

First lets start off from a neutral point - I think that murder of any civilian is unjust; whether he is Sunni, Shia, Christian, Hindu, Atheist... it doesn't matter. Shia death squads or Sunni death squads for that matter are against humanity.

If you mention 'Shia death squads' to a Shia, his first thought is going to be "Shias are being massacred everyday not just in Iraq, most Sunnis call Shias heretics, the whole muslim world is pretty much against the Shia, and now this person is trying to make out that WE are the bad guys because of some fabricated story about Shias killing Sunnis?". 

I have never been to Iraq, so with regards to the existence of these 'Shia death squads' I can only offer my opinion. If they did exist, the reason would be simple; revenge killings - Sunnis kill Shias ALOT in Iraq - in terms of the suicide bombs that go off everyday in Shia neighbourhoods, and the horror stories of ISIS and Al-Qaeda. I think every Iraqi Shia has a horror story to tell about their family member being killed by (assumedly) sunni militants/terrorists.

I won't deny that Sunnis haven't also been spared - and there have been news reports of Sunnis being found dead in 'Death-squad style fashion'. We heard a lot about that in 2007/2008 after the Al-Askari (as) Shrine was bombed by Sunni militants.

However I think (and I'm sure you'll agree) that Shia killings in Iraq, even before the ISIS advance about a month ago, was rampant and if you played the numbers game (it is not nice to reduce human lives to numbers but bare with me) then Shia killings far outweighed sunni killings. If we look at Iraqi under Saddam we saw a lot of that too.

Sunni-extremism ideology is centered around calling Shias kafirs and the justification of their mass murder that follows. However to my knowledge there is NO Shia ideology (even extreme) that presents Sunnis as Kafirs that should also be murdered. So the existence of such Shia-death squads has no religious basis. In fact, I don't think there is a single Shia scholar that calls Sunnis kafirs - even the extreme (scholars).

Another point to make, people claimed that the Shia-death squads from 2007/2008 belonged to the Mahdi army run by Muqtada Al-Sadr. However Muqtada Al-Sadr has recently called for unity with the Sunnis of Iraq and even recognised Maliki's marginalisation of them.

It also doesn't make sense to start killing Sunnis now when there are Sunnis that are fighting alongside the Iraqi government. The government isn't doing too well against ISIS as of this moment, the last thing they want to do is create more ISIS sympathizers and make their job harder. 

If we look at ISIS's current tactics, they are trying to incite a sectarian war - Sunni VS Shia. They repeatedly tried to hit the Al-Askari (as) Mosque in a bid to restart the civil war of 2007/2008. Their previous tactics have also included bombing Sunni neighbourhoods as well - although not nearly as much as they did to Shia neighbourhoods. They were willing to kill Sunnis to try and get them to rise up and start a false war. This is the oldest trick in the book.

I wouldn't be surprised if these Shia death squads were a product of Sunni militants, but I won't bore you with conspiracy theories.

So in conclusion, Shia-death squads have no religious basis in Shia Islam at least, I can’t see any Shia politicians supporting them/calling for the mass murder of Sunni civilians and their presence in Iraq would mean they are essentially fighting ISIS’s war for them. In addition, even if they did exist, it doesn’t give people the right to use them to justify ISIS. I think the media is portraying Sunni lives to be worth more than Shia lives which is wrong.

You don’t have the right to be angry and upset about the death of Sunnis if you don’t also condemn the mass murder of Shias as well – but I’m sure this doesn’t apply in the slightest to you!

Finally, the picture you posted is of ISIS murdering Iraqis. Some media websites have been running with the ‘Shia death squad’ story whilst putting that picture in. If you can read arabic, you'll also see that the subtitles in the picture that they have put talk about the murdering of the army, nothing in the slightest to do with Shia Death-Squads.

Here are some more pictures from that scene, notice the ISIS flag in one of the pictures.

(More and better quality pictures (I had to downsample these to fit the filesize criteria: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c1e_1404401739&comments=1)

post-152437-0-20378600-1404752831_thumb.

post-152437-0-72033000-1404752832_thumb.

post-152437-0-09302300-1404752834_thumb.

Edited by mayf321d

• Advanced Member

I will go with the mainstream media instead of believing your conspiracy theories.

You must be very blind person, since even by following main stream media who doesn't want to show the real truth because they are paid to falsify the truth, so many of them giving always different information. So when the real media in Iraq, who have their reporters and news told faster than any so called main stream media like bbc, cnn, "the times" and whatever news media there are you won't believe it. I don't know in which world you are really living. You don't have any idea on what's going on in Iraq. You are probably some person who like ISIS very much and even if you don't like them, just by seeing those brutal acts they are doing you yet come here and dare to say that shias are killing sunnis. What an absurd and outrageous statement.

• Basic Members

I am sorry that i can not respond to individual posts. The whole of Muslim world is engulfed by a wave of religious fanaticism and no sect is immune to that. It would not be far fetched to say that due to the extremism and bigotry of Shias in Iraq during Maliki's regime and Shia's supporting Assad on the other hand has entailed a Sunni reaction which is manifesting itself in a loathsome fashion. The civilized world is making the worst possible judgment about us due to the barbaric traits that we have revealed in Syria and Iraq. Its all such a shame.

• Veteran Member

I am sorry that i can not respond to individual posts. The whole of Muslim world is engulfed by a wave of religious fanaticism and no sect is immune to that. It would not be far fetched to say that due to the extremism and bigotry of Shias in Iraq during Maliki's regime and Shia's supporting Assad on the other hand has entailed a Sunni reaction which is manifesting itself in a loathsome fashion. The civilized world is making the worst possible judgment about us due to the barbaric traits that we have revealed in Syria and Iraq. Its all such a shame.

Can you provide one case of Shia suicide bombing sunni areas? beheading non-Shias? destroying non-shia places of worship? car bombing? Turban bombing? posing as females?

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/03/30/1226314/554199-aptopix-afghanistan.jpg

If not, then your statement above is inaccurate.

• Advanced Member

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) A car bomb went off in southern Samarra city on Tuesday.

Security source stated to IraqiNews.com “The car bombing targeted a gathering of volunteers, killing 6 among them and injuring 5 others including 2 civilians.”

• Advanced Member

English Version
(For Urdu Version, look below)

This article is copyrights free and you could share it with your own name. Please propagate it to facebook and all other social media groups. Jazak Allah.

Even if ISIL and Salafies declare that they don't want to demolish Kaba, you should never believe them, while their Aqeedah will compel them to demolish Kaba the same way they demolish the graves in name of their self made Tawheed.

10532385_681616098560170_464136333893364

10492346_681616101893503_728037690972328

10525852_681616105226836_741418036529789

10420045_681616145226832_544483886764677

10502185_681616141893499_499332449064436

10420045_681616161893497_859836576076269

• Advanced Member

Correct. They've already performed, and mind you without any protests from the general public, the replacing of the "stoning of Iblees obelisk" next to the Kaaba and put it on top of mount Arafaa where ignorant muslims are now seeking blessings from it. A genius move by Iblees, one must admit. His symbolical presence attached to the pillar was formerly stoned and the very same pillar is now being sought for by worshippers.

It's a diabolical kufri/salafi agenda operating under the pretext of Safety, stating that the stones could hit worshippers on the other side, and accordingly justifying the removal of the pillar in exchange for a wide wall, despite reports of significant injuries before.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

FisherKing @ 190 wrote about this all being "crazy".

Now, to me, this is the crazy part: That there was 90 pounds of Uranium compounds at university in Mosul, AND, that there are all these Chemical Weapons ---remember the Bush mantra, "WMD" for invading-- are suddenly 'stolen' from a CW storage facility.

:lol: and a bigger, :lol:

I say this is a contrived cover story for Amerikan backed ISIS/ISIL to use CW in Iraq and Syria, in Kurdistan and along the Iranian border.

• Advanced Member

BREAKING NEWS - 13th JULY

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/iraq-sunnis-pick-parliament-speaker-2014712233330576630.html

The Iraqi parliament is meant to reconvene today to pick a new President (Sunni- Kurd), Prime Minister (Shia- Arab) and Speaker of Parliament (Sunni- Arab)

The Sunni bloc has already decided on a Speaker of Parliament and have made their nomination public

They have decided on Salim al-Juburi

The fact that progress has been made in Parliament, as well as one group at least revealing their nomination, is a positive step. I hope the Shia blocs reciprocate by getting rid of Maliki and the Kurds reciprocate by attending and being an active part of the process, instead of focusing on boycotting parliament and taking more land and going along with their so-called 'independence' rhetoric. 

Edited by mayf321d

BREAKING NEWS - 13th JULY

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/iraq-sunnis-pick-parliament-speaker-2014712233330576630.html

The Iraqi parliament is meant to reconvene today to pick a new President (Sunni- Kurd), Prime Minister (Shia- Arab) and Speaker of Parliament (Sunni- Arab)

The Sunni bloc has already decided on a Speaker of Parliament and have made their nomination public

They have decided on Salim al-Juburi

The fact that progress has been made in Parliament, as well as one group at least revealing their nomination, is a positive step. I hope the Shia blocs reciprocate by getting rid of Maliki and the Kurds reciprocate by attending and being an active part of the process, instead of focusing on boycotting parliament and taking more land and going along with their so-called 'independence' rhetoric.

Who are the possible candidates in the Shia bloc?

• Advanced Member

Who are the possible candidates in the Shia bloc?

According to the mainstream media, Chalabi seems to be the guy to put your money on. He is known to be very clever; as in, politically clever. He himself believes he can repair Iraq.

There is no official confirmation from the Shia bloc with regards to their nomination, however.

IMO if the meeting tomorrow fails like it did last time, or Maliki stays, then expect this ISIS problem to stay for a very very long time. If parliament manage to sort itself out to nearly everybody's satisfaction (Maliki goes) then we can start seeing some real cooperation with Sunni tribes in helping to kick out ISIS. It won't crumble overnight but it will lose one of the pillars of stability that it has gained so far

Edited by mayf321d

• Moderators

^If we have unity, then we can easily take ISIS out of Iraq, same happened to al-Qaida. Chalabi seems reasonable because people really think he can make change to better direction.

We should pray that tomorrow meeting will go very fine.

Edited by Dhulfikar

• Moderators

Okay great so basically Iraqis are going along with US dictates and buying in.

Chalabi is a US stooge I thought too? or am I missing something?

I though he was accused as Iran agent.

After the invasion Chalabi had been placed in charge of "deBaathification"—the removal of senior office holders judged to have been close supporters of the deposed Saddam Hussein. The role had fallen into disuse but in early 2010 Chalabi was accused of reviving this dormant post to eliminate his political enemies, especially Sunnis. The banning of some 500 candidates prior to the general election of 7 March 2010 at the initiative of Chalabi and his Iraqi National Congress was reported to have badly damaged previously improving relations between Shias and Sunnis.[33] - Wikipedia

Will this not effect the sunnis tomorrow?

Edited by Dhulfikar

• Advanced Member

POLITICS

Urgent – Jobouri nominated as parliament Speaker

July 15, 2014 by Ahmed Hussein No Comments

urgent-jobouri-nominated-as-parliament-s

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The parliament voted on Saleem al-Jobouri, as its Speaker.

Jobouri has got 194 votes, whereas Ishraq al-Abaichi, who was nominated for the same post has got 19 votes. /End/