Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Conflict 2014 [Breaking News Only]

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Its amazing to see the terrorist sympathizers like you expect so much from people like Ayatollah Sistani and yet so little from your own terrorist religious figures.

I don't expect anything other than the truth. Don't refer to a sectarian fatwa, that has brought back the infamous death squads on the streets of Baghdad, as a call to preserve the nonexistent national unity of a country that has existed as one only on the world map. Call it as it is: a sectarian war between Sunnis and Shias.

Edited by Abu_Muslim

• Advanced Member

I don't expect anything other than the truth. Don't refer to a sectarian fatwa, that has brought back the infamous death squads on the streets of Baghdad, as a call to preserve the nonexistent national unity of a country that has existed as one only on the world map. Call it as it is: a sectarian war between Sunnis and Shias.

These comments you make are totally ignorant of any facts, utterly baseless. Truth? You are far from it, the fatwa itself didn't bring back any death squad(s). I will call it as it is: Iraq citizens vs. ISIS. Before you even bring something about the Sunnis of Mosul you better have a through understanding of the baathi party and it's hand in causing the fissure between the sunni's and Shias ever since the fall of Saddam whether it's through lies, deceit, killings, etc.

• Advanced Member

Abu Muslim is correct. IsIs after all is Sunni militia. No single Shia town gave up to them but Sunni towns were quickly to greet IsIs. The areas affected by ISIS are Sunni areas and the women that are being used for forceful prostitution are Sunni women.

This is a Sunni issue totally and Shia have nothing to do with it. Sunnism is an ideology that is incapable of living peacefully with others. It cannot adopt to changes except through killing others. Yesterday, 21 Sunni tribal leader were killed by IsIs in Anbar because they declared their opposition to IsIs. They were viewed as traitors, like many other Sunnis who might dare to oppose the true representative of Sunnism.

The west also is correct by calling the Sunnis as rebels because after all, sunnism is favored in the west over Shiaism due to its simplist and materialistic approach to the world.

• Moderators

Abu Muslim is correct. IsIs after all is Sunni militia. No single Shia town gave up to them but Sunni towns were quickly to greet IsIs. The areas affected by ISIS are Sunni areas and the women that are being used for forceful prostitution are Sunni women.

This is a Sunni issue totally and Shia have nothing to do with it. Sunnism is an ideology that is incapable of living peacefully with others. It cannot adopt to changes except through killing others. Yesterday, 21 Sunni tribal leader were killed by IsIs in Anbar because they declared their opposition to IsIs. They were viewed as traitors, like many other Sunnis who might dare to oppose the true representative of Sunnism.

The west also is correct by calling the Sunnis as rebels because after all, sunnism is favored in the west over Shiaism due to its simplist and materialistic approach to the world.

I believe that they have both planned this all. That if maliki win, they want cause conflict to Iraq.

• Veteran Member

So Sunni terrorists are on march to kill shias and destroy shrines and when Shias get ready to defend themselves then that becomes sectarian fatwa? Is that your truth? No wonder you terrorists are the most irrational beings on the face of the planet and I include dogs, pigs, and donkeys as parts of those beings.

Exactly. The biggest victims of these terrorist groups whether they are in Central Asia, South Asia, Middle East, or North Africa are Sunnis themselves who greet these idiots as heroes. And soon before the dust settles they get the reward for their stupidity. And yet they do not and can not understand why Shias dont follow their footsteps. 

• Veteran Member

Strategic Iraq town Tal Afar, airport fall to militants

MAP: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=36.331030&lon=42.434349&z=13&m=b&search=tal%20afar 

Jihadist fighters in Iraq seized three border crossings into Syria and Jordan and four nearby towns over the weekend, giving the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) control over much of the country's western frontier and directly threatening the country's main power supply. 

Jihadist fighters in Iraq seized three border crossings into Syria and Jordan and four nearby towns over the weekend, giving the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) control over much of the country's western frontier and directly threatening the country's main power supply. 

• Advanced Member

A couple of corrections.. ISIS has controlled sunni areas but their are shia and christains in those areas too. They have cut water and elecritricity from the christain areas and they have killed shia. They have raped a married christain woman and her daughter and there father commited suicide after what happenned,this is the latest news I heard.. Soo,no its not the sunnis just paying the price but shia and christains.

These people are just raping any woman they see. Bunch of lizards,they cant even show their faces,those cowards.

It's always the people that have nothing to do with it that pay the biggest price...

• Advanced Member

The only truth is that sunnism have been in love with power and empire building since the day the day our beloved Prophet (p) left this world, and perhaps even before that. To sunnis, not being in power and ruling with an iron fist is considered prejudice and oppression against your self-proclaimed right. 

That's what it's about at the end of the day, so don't sit there and tell us this is about religion or fighting in the name of Allah (swt) or a sectarian war. The Shia are fighting to defend themselves and for the right to live peacefully (with other non-shia) against oppressors, which is the correct meaning of taking up arms and performing jihad. Daish on the other hand are looking to start and create an empire that will rule the world with bloodshed, rape, and pillaging, which has nothing to do with jihad... Look at the daish flag and symbol as a proof of this. If my knowledge of history serves me correctly that "Allah, Muhammad, Rasul" symbol is the print of the currency in muawiyahs umayyad empire.

Western islamophobes love to say that Islam was won by the sword, but that really should be corrected to say that "sunnism was won by the sword".

You want truth... The truth is that Allah (swt) is on the lookout for tyrants and oppressors and your and those terrorists with whom you sympathize will have to answer to Allah for your actions.

As a side note (and i've said this before somewhere) I wish brothers and sisters would stop referring to terrorists as dogs, pigs, donkeys and lizards. These are innocent noble creatures of Allah who have a million times more honour than the terrorist scum.

• Veteran Member

Iraq may have more equipment/military hardware, but it possesses a horribly incompetent military, this was inevitable, you can't build a military just through tips from occupiers.  Unfortunately, Iraq is too weak to defend itself, it isn't just about courage, its simply practical limitations.  Everyone is talking about the holy cities/shrines, even if they are run over, Iraqis will still find it extremely difficult to repel the insurgents back, countless more shias will be slaughtered.

Iraq needs foreign help, as a matter of military strategy and competence, Iran's military setup is mostly defensive and there is enough resistance back in the US towards another military intervention.  The shias in Iraq once again find themselves in familiar territory, manipulated and hung out to dry.

• Advanced Member

So Sunni terrorists are on march to kill shias and destroy shrines and when Shias get ready to defend themselves then that becomes sectarian fatwa? Is that your truth? No wonder you terrorists are the most irrational beings on the face of the planet and I include dogs, pigs, and donkeys as parts of those beings.

Exactly. The biggest victims of these terrorist groups whether they are in Central Asia, South Asia, Middle East, or North Africa are Sunnis themselves who greet these idiots as heroes. And soon before the dust settles they get the reward for their stupidity. And yet they do not and can not understand why Shias dont follow their footsteps. 

Dude, I'm not even a Sunni Arab and I don't even like ISIS. I love Barzani though

• Moderators

The only truth is that sunnism have been in love with power and empire building since the day the day our beloved Prophet (p) left this world, and perhaps even before that. To sunnis, not being in power and ruling with an iron fist is considered prejudice and oppression against your self-proclaimed right. 

Bathis for sure love the power and want the whole Iraq for them. But i can't speak about Iraqi sunnis who suffer from the current goverment. People are not satisfied with current Maliki goverment. And it really need to change.

Dude, I'm not even a Sunni Arab and I don't even like ISIS. I love Barzani though

Are you Iraqi kurd?

Edited by Dhulfikar

• Advanced Member

ISIS desecrate Prophet Younis's grave.

Can someone confirm. where it is located?

10478352_663909373678668_330435998707113

From the information I have gathered, I believe this is fake. This picture is said that it was taken in Syria long time ago. As for the grave of prophet Yousin(as), there are not reliable reports that stated the destruction of his grave. Many people from Mosul online even stated that the grave is still standing.

Wallahu A'lam

• Advanced Member

This is not a breaking news as "it is happening now" but it is a heart breaking news, the Shia of north Iraq are getting killed with cold blood by ISIS, women are being raped and infants are being beheaded. The description of the massacre by Arab reporters is horrifying. But this tragedy never made it to the world breaking news which are busy with the world cup and it may as well be forgotten and never given any attention.

ISIS murders continue, 40 killed last week: 'It was a savage massacre'

Villagers across northern Iraq are speaking out today after burying dozens last week. The communities were attacked by the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS.

The assaults began Monday and continued through the week in Brawawchli, Chardaghli, Karanaz, and Bashir. At least 40 persons were murdered and thousands of Iraqis have fled their homes. Dozens of people remain missing.

Witnesses told the Washington Post that ISIS members shot the villagers, including women and children, at point-blank range in the Shiite Turkmen villages. Many of the refugees fled to Kirkuk and Tuz Khormato, where they told reporters what they witnessed.

"You cannot imagine what happened, only if you saw it could you believe it," Hassan Ali told theAssociated Press from Kirkuk.

"They hit us with mortars and mortars, and the families fled, and they kept hitting us. It was completely sectarian. The Shiites, out."

The survivors say the militants shouted "God is great!" while they carried out their attack.

Many of the dead were buried in the Shiite Turkmen community of Taza. Mourners said they were executed.

"All shot in the head," one person told the Washington Post.

"Please tell the world," another pleaded. "It was a savage massacre."

A group of women mourned the deaths of Nargis and Massouma Qassim Ibrahim, sisters, aged 10 and 13.

"My brother's girls," one said.

ISIS seeks to establish a Sunni Muslim reign across Iraq and Syria. The terrorist group, led by Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, has increased in power substantially since the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq in December 2011. The terrorists control the Iraqi cities of Mosul, Baiji, and Fallujah, as well as parts of Syria. The group has also posted photos and videos online showing Iraqi policeman and civilians being slaughtered.

The United Nations reported Tuesday that at least 1,075 people have been killed in Iraq since June began.

Edited by IbnSohan

• Veteran Member

ref to Ibn Sohan,

25June: My ex-wife was talking to some of our Iraqi friends. She didn't get the town, but friends of theirs called them here. She was told that 3 elementary girls were raped and beheaded, yesterday.

:sick: people.

Transliterated properly? Dha(ein)sh they call them.

• Veteran Member

These massacres and rapes, death and destruction, plunder and pillage, my God.

The more time Iraqi army takes in clearing the cities of this horrific plague, the more people will be raped and massacred. Mosul should have been free by now. I hope the Iraqi army and its volunteer have it in themselves to go full throttle or the world will talk about a horrendous genocide of people in Iraq - of Shias, of non-conformist Sunnis and of other non-Muslim minorities.

Edited by Marbles

• Advanced Member

Tikrit is fully recaptured by the Iraqi army and ISIS free. This has been confirmed by the opposition media as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28069800

Take all govt announcements with a pinch of salt. isis still controlls Tikrit as far as i see.

• Moderators

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-declares-new-islamic-state-in-middle-east-with-abu-bakr-albaghdadi-as-emir-removing-iraq-and-syria-from-its-name-9571374.html

Iraq crisis: Isis changes name and declares its territories a new Islamic state with 'restoration of caliphate' in Middle East

• Moderators

^So now that means we'll see they march towards Jordan, Kuwait and possibly Saudi?

Possible for Saudi for sure, in one of the official Isis twitter channel they said they want to take Makkah over.

BrOmD2EIEAATFnJ.jpg

Edited by Dhulfikar

• Advanced Member

Breaking the bad news:

Breaking News .. / 6 / mortar shells fall inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine in Samarra

print-icon.gif save-icon.gif 30/06/2014 23:04:00

BAGHDAD / NINA /A security source announced on Monday the fall of mortar shells inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine of al-Askari in Samarra. 

The source said in a press statement that / 6 / mortar shells fell on Monday evening inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine of al-Askari mosque., leading to the killing and wounding a number of people. / End

• Veteran Member

Breaking the bad news:

Breaking News .. / 6 / mortar shells fall inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine in Samarra

print-icon.gif save-icon.gif 30/06/2014 23:04:00

BAGHDAD / NINA /A security source announced on Monday the fall of mortar shells inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine of al-Askari in Samarra. 

The source said in a press statement that / 6 / mortar shells fell on Monday evening inside the courtyard and the area around the shrine of al-Askari mosque., leading to the killing and wounding a number of people. / End

I can't understand this...