Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hassan

2014 Iraq Conflict [Opinion & Analysis]

Rate this topic

Today, Barzani said he will not give back Kirkuk to the central government according to PressTv.

How in the world they can claim Kirkuk for them, when 21% are Kurds in that area. Well of course as long as America and Israel make sure to give it to them.

Surely his withdraw means strenght to Kurds , they will get for sure Kirkut and its oil, which means they almost can form their dream state.

What is wrong with that? I mean if the majority of people living in that area (Kurds) want a separate state for themselves what is wrong with that?

In fact, looking at ethnic and religious differences, after Saddam why on earth did they not divide Iraq into smaller semi-autonomous states (emirates) with a central (federal) government with limited functions, something like United Emirates of Iraq?

Edited by Orion

What is wrong with that? I mean if the majority of people living in that area (Kurds) want a separate state for themselves what is wrong with that?

I don't see any wrong if Kurds want their state. But Kirkuk is not for kurds only, the majority are arabs and turkmen, do you see any justice that Kirkuk oil should wholly go to kurdistan?

Edited by Dhulfikar

Kurds may ask for their own state, like Turkmen and others. Barzani though should not dare to ask for his own state, he is a war criminal and the only thing he should get is his own cell. He facilitated the invasion of ISIS, did not protect the Shia Turkmen villages when they were brutally attacked by the ISIS. He is directly or indirectly associated with ISIS crimes. Kurd activists even said that he is war criminal a year ago:

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2013/6/state7139.htm

Too many Iraqi politicians that are only in it for the money. It has resulted in traitors, power-grabs, shaky-alliances and so forth.

If this were a game of chess, Iraq's remaining pieces would all be concentrated on only one part of the board.

I highly doubt this will happen. These so called moderate syrian militants (so moderate they literally eat the heart of dead Syrian soldiers) have practically lost the war in Syria. Why would they want to waste resources on a futile attempt to invade Iraq to supposedly 'help' the 'Rawafid' Iraqi government that is strongly allied to Iran? It does not make the slightest bit of sense. The only way I see this happening is if these so called moderate syrian rebels recognise ISIS as the bigger threat, admit defeat in their insurgency against Syria, offer a truce to Dr Al-Assad with some concessions (not costly) on part of the Syrian government to bring them somewhat back into the fold, then counter the ISIS threat in Syria and offer some support in Iraq. Otherwise, what is their place in Iraq? I don't think the Iraqi government, Russia, Syria or Iran would allow their incursion into Iraq. They are fighting for Syrian soil, not a caliphate; I doubt they even have interest in Iraq!

I highly doubt this will happen. These so called moderate syrian militants (so moderate they literally eat the heart of dead Syrian soldiers) have practically lost the war in Syria. Why would they want to waste resources on a futile attempt to invade Iraq to supposedly 'help' the 'Rawafid' Iraqi government that is strongly allied to Iran? It does not make the slightest bit of sense. The only way I see this happening is if these so called moderate syrian rebels recognise ISIS as the bigger threat, admit defeat in their insurgency against Syria, offer a truce to Dr Al-Assad with some concessions (not costly) on part of the Syrian government to bring them somewhat back into the fold, then counter the ISIS threat in Syria and offer some support in Iraq. Otherwise, what is their place in Iraq? I don't think the Iraqi government, Russia, Syria or Iran would allow their incursion into Iraq. They are fighting for Syrian soil, not a caliphate; I doubt they even have interest in Iraq!

Agreed. It doesn't make any sense. I think that these rebels have the same agenda and are all one group even though some say they are different. The US my hunch is, they are funding the rebels in syria(who they say are different but are really allied to the takfiri rats in iraq) to help the rebels in Iraq topple the government. The US was also sending drones over baghdad for this same reason, to gather intelligence on the defenses of baghdad and share it with the militants. 

The US has acquiesced to the isis demands for a caliphate in Iraq and Syria because it serves their interests and will put a bunch of weak militants with no army in charge instead of a strong government and strong army which israel does not want.

Edited by FisherKing

Kurds are being backed by the Zionists - that is just one reason why cannot have their own "state" - besides, this is just an imperial plan to break up nations and reconfigure them according to the desire of the imperialists - of-course there are the backers of the empire - who don't really care about such issues, these are just childish people. 

why do u want every race to have their own state? that's a ludicrous proposition - and very zionist btw - that is what zionism is about a racist entity ("state")

Are you serious? It is the Zionists that are against the Palestinians having their own State. The Kurdish people having feelings too. Edited by DaBeast313

The Zionists have a race based state, the Palestinian land was stolen by the Zionist to create their own racist entity - you want the Kurds to also take Iraqi and other land, create a race based state. That is ludicrous - and a tribalist mentality. 

Edited by skylight2

Looool. The Kurds should take land where they are the full-on majority (85% +), which is different to the Zionists taking over a nation where Palestinian people already live.

Beast brother, I think what skylight means to say is that the effect of a kurdish state will be them wanting the majority Kurd areas in iran and turkey as well later on hence taking land away from those two and balkanizing the region. Thus making all countries weaker and easier to control.

Creating race based states is racism - and tribalism -Islam is categorically against tribalist mentality - that is a Zionist mentality that has now become part and parcel of Kurdistanism, and those who support their racism. 

Edited by skylight2

^^^ What? Most countries are race-based then.

That's why when the Imam(as) returns from ghayba, all the man made borders that have developed from nationalism and other man made political ideologies will be dissolved, and the only ruling authority over all humans that will be established is the Shari'a of the Ahlulbayt(as).

Another thing to consider about Kurdistan is that after the fall of 2003, they acknlowdged the new Iraqi constitution where they agreed that they would not split and declare independence, but rather, work with the rest of the Iraqis to build Iraq. In other words, from an Islamic standpoint, they signed a contract with the rest of the Iraqi people(Sunnis and Shias) declaring that they won't split from iraq. Now they are breaking the contract, and in Islam, breaking an agreed upon contract with someone is a sin and an act of treason against them, and hence, their declaration of independence is a sinful act from their behalf.