Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

2014 Iraq Conflict [Opinion & Analysis]

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Warning: Graphic images of the reported massacre in Mosul.

Edit: There are reports these pics might be fakes. Allahu `Aalam.

http://banoosh.com/blog/2014/06/15/graphic-isis-releases-photos-mass-executions-iraq/

Not fakes but confirmed

Chief military spokesman Lt. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi confirmed the photos’ authenticity and said he was aware of cases of mass murder of captured Iraqi soldiers in areas held by ISIL. He told The Associated Press that an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot to death by the militants after their capture.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/militants-post-images-of-mass-killing-in-iraq/2014/06/15/33455d56-f477-11e3-a43f-0dc88bbee9bb_story.html

• Forum Administrators

Much has been made of the 'reasons' for Sunni dissatisfaction with the Shia government. Judging by Barzani's words, they seem pretty pathetic to me. Anyone got examples that would make Sunni dissatisfaction seem more reasonable?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27881995

In his BBC interview, the prime minister of Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region, Nechirvan Barzani, said Sunni areas felt neglected by the Shia-dominated Iraqi government, and a political solution was the only way forward.

• Veteran Member

Auzebillah, wa bismillah, wa la ilha illah.

Inna lil'llah wa inna ilahyi rajeeon.

In this video ISIS, the takfireeen, wears Iraqi Army clothes, and stop cars at the road - and also shoot people.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=520288454742280&set=vb.354391697998624&type=2&theater

• Veteran Member

Much has been made of the 'reasons' for Sunni dissatisfaction with the Shia government. Judging by Barzani's words, they seem pretty pathetic to me. Anyone got examples that would make Sunni dissatisfaction seem more reasonable?

I'm also interested to know if there's any weight in claims of Sunni dissatisfaction or is it just a red herring.

Can those who are well-informed post a piece authored by an impartial observer with established credentials? Or anything by prominent Sunni Iraqis who do not share ISIS-like ideology, aren't sectarian Sunnis, or ex-Ba'athists?

• Veteran Member

This is a must watch, see what a Shia can do when they have air force

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=779646365413142

This was taken by ISIS camera, the car is for ISIS while they were shooting but then suddenly the plane sent its treat to them.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but this isnt Iraq and it isnt the Iraqi airforce

ISIS vs Nusra Front In Syria

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL VIDEO from APRIL without the fake headlines:

Syria: ISIS Technical Pick-Up and Its Crews Vaporized by Al-Nusra Shell (Insurgent Infighting)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f61_1396690436

• Advanced Member

^ yeah , i was told so. 

For all Iraqis , this is a good talk and if you can translate it to english it will be great help to your brothers in Iraq who are suffering from evil media war by blood sucking devil politicians.

This is how internal issues should be treated, not through the use of criminals like da'ish and who ever is advertising for them.

The Turkuman inhabitants of TalAfar were prepared for Da'ish

Edited by IbnSohan

• Advanced Member

By 
L. PAUL BREMER

Removing Saddam Hussein upended a thousand years of Sunni domination in the lands of Mesopotamia. It takes hard work and a long time after such a political revolution for stability to return. No amount of clever diplomacy could substitute for our continued military presence.

After we left, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, a Shiite, began a sectarian campaign against the Sunnis. Within 24 hours of our troops' departure, he issued an arrest warrant for his Sunni vice president. He launched a campaign to intimidate the Kurds. He began to purge the Iraqi army of well-trained officers, sometimes down to the battalion level, often replacing them with his partisans.

America's core interest remains a stable, united and democratic Iraq. But American regional interests are broader. At stake now is the century-old political structure of the entire region, with huge consequences for our friends and allies there.

There is more politics than reality to this claim. The policies of Maliki was criticized and opposed by the Marjyiah (Major maraji in Najaf), they spoke loudly against it (remember Ayt Najafi vid), policies of Maliki were opposed by other Shia political parties, sunni parties and Kurdish parties. This is an enternal issue that can be resolved through the political process. Maliki was not selected as the next prime minister because almost everyone is opposing him. BUT
this should not :
1- legitimize the crimes of Da'ish
2- call Da'ish "rebels"
3- Call Da'ish invasion as "sectarian war" because Da'ish killed 13 sunni mosque imams in Mosul last week because they refused to give them Bay'ah.
4-got us distracted from the fact that anyone who tries to normalize, dilute, diverge or twist the reality to some political play by playing on words like calling them rebels or calling the crimes as revolution. No one should be considering OR using daish as proper mean to get political gain OR military gain.
Da;ish committed war crimes and cremes against humanity. ANYONE who support them or legitimize them OR use them as shadow army either by financing them or giving them logistic support, media support or even sympathize with them is a criminal like them.
Edited by IbnSohan

• Advanced Member

A tour through Tikrit after expulsion of ISIS by the Iraqi Army (Iraqis are addicted to music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjgQMmxwrk

Asa'ib Ahl Alhaq in Samarra

Abu Alfadhl in Salah Aldin : we came but found no ISIS, they all ran away. So they celebrate.

In Dyiala, Da'ish raided a prison to librate their terrorist friends who were inside the prison but during the process they killed 44 of them most of whom are  Da'ish leaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpdvrSFFwY

Edited by IbnSohan

• Veteran Member

By 

L. PAUL BREMER

There is more politics than reality to this claim. The policies of Maliki was criticized and opposed by the Marjyiah (Major maraji in Najaf), they spoke loudly against it (remember Ayt Najafi vid), policies of Maliki were opposed by other Shia political parties, sunni parties and Kurdish parties. This is an enternal issue that can be resolved through the political process. Maliki was not selected as the next prime minister because almost everyone is opposing him. BUT
this should not :
1- legitimize the crimes of Da'ish
2- call Da'ish "rebels"
3- Call Da'ish invasion as "sectarian war" because Da'ish killed 13 sunni mosque imams in Mosul last week because they refused to give them Bay'ah.
4-got us distracted from the fact that anyone who tries to normalize, dilute, diverge or twist the reality to some political play by playing on words like calling them rebels or calling the crimes as revolution. No one should be considering OR using daish as proper mean to get political gain OR military gain.
Da;ish committed war crimes and cremes against humanity. ANYONE who support them or legitimize them OR use them as shadow army either by financing them or giving them logistic support, media support or even sympathize with them is a criminal like them.

True, the Sunnis have no justification in resorting to the listed means to give voice (and violence) to their dissatisfaction, but this wouldn't lighten the blame on al-Maliki for aggravating the already-tense power balance with the Sunnis, if there is indeed considerable truth in saying that the policies he followed put the Sunnis at a disadvantage only or mainly because they were Sunnis.

Some people in here like to dismiss Sunni dissatisfaction as sectarian in nature: a desire to restore the old order under Saddam, which is led by former Baathists, Sunni tribal leaders and ISIS terrorists. How far this view represents the reality of Sunni dissatisfaction?

Before anyone states the obvious, I know that purging of the Baathists and sectarian Sunnis from Iraqi state institutions (most notably military and high level state apparatus) would have automatically been viewed by the Sunnis and their foreign sympathisers as a discriminatory act against the Sunnis and not against people of dubious backgrounds scheming against the legitimate government to undermine it.

But I'm talking about more than that. I'm talking about discriminating or putting Sunnis at a disadvantage due in main part to sectarian reasons.

I would really like to have a detailed and relatively impartial review of al-Maliki and the policies he's blamed for but I don't know where to look.

Edited by Marbles

• Advanced Member

True, the Sunnis have no justification in resorting to the listed means to give voice (and violence) to their dissatisfaction, but this wouldn't lighten the blame on al-Maliki for aggravating the already-tense power balance with the Sunnis, if there is indeed considerable truth in saying that the policies he followed put the Sunnis at a disadvantage only or mainly because they were Sunnis.

Some people in here like to dismiss Sunni dissatisfaction as sectarian in nature: a desire to restore the old order under Saddam, which is led by former Baathists, Sunni tribal leaders and ISIS terrorists. How far this view represents the reality of Sunni dissatisfaction?

Before anyone states the obvious, I know that purging of the Baathists and sectarian Sunnis from Iraqi state institutions (most notably military and high level state apparatus) would have automatically been viewed by the Sunnis and their foreign sympathisers as a discriminatory act against the Sunnis and not against people of dubious backgrounds scheming against the legitimate government to undermine it.

But I'm talking about more than that. I'm talking about discriminating or putting Sunnis at a disadvantage due in main part to sectarian reasons.

I would really like to have a detailed and relatively impartial review of al-Maliki and the policies he's blamed for but I don't know where to look.

Do you remember this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrTX5EZ8GRY

If you listened to the speaker at the near end of it, he is saying that those men were volunteering for the army after the call of Almaliki (a day or 2 before Sistani call"

They are from Tikrit and they are Sunnis. Do you think they would volunteer if they felt that they are discriminated against?

Do you remember the names "Ghidan, Qunbar and Alnujaifi"? They are army commanders. They are sunnis and they are who sold Iraq for the Kurds and the Turks. 

US is refusing to give Iraq F 16 unless there are some sunnis in army which is what Maliki did, he brought back some bathists which angered almost all Shia, but he said it was done as friendly gesture to the Sunnis.

I think the regional powers (sunni one) is trying to play its favorite sectarian card, we've heard plenty of their c.rap about Sunnis in iran and Sunnis in Syria.

Edited by IbnSohan

• Veteran Member

If you listened to the speaker at the near end of it, he is saying that those men were volunteering for the army after the call of Almaliki (a day or 2 before Sistani call"

They are from Tikrit and they are Sunnis. Do you think they would volunteer if they felt that they are discriminated against?

Do you remember the names "Ghidan, Qunbar and Alnujaifi"? They are army commanders. They are sunnis and they are who sold Iraq for the Kurds and the Turks. 

US is refusing to give Iraq F 16 unless there are some sunnis in army which is what Maliki did, he brought back some bathists which angered almost all Shia, but he said it was done as friendly gesture to the Sunnis.

I think the regional powers (sunni one) is trying to play its favorite sectarian card, we've heard plenty of their c.rap about Sunnis in iran and Sunnis in Syria.

Youtube is proscribed here, so I can't watch the video but I get the message.

It is good to see Sunnis responding to the call of the government and of Ayatullah Sistani against the terrorists. I hope more and more of them come forward to defend their lands from the onslaught of the ISIS.

However, a more pertinent question to ask is if the pro-government Sunnis outnumber the antis (excluding the Baathists and the sectarian Sunnis lamenting their old privileges), or is it the other way round?

If the anti-govt Sunnis have more numerical strength, which is how the world media is characterising this conflict, then on what account other than sheer sectarian hatred are those Sunnis against the government?

I want to know more about Iraq's Sunni Mind and, again, being an outsider, I don't know where to look.

• Advanced Member

The propaganda

(Reuters) - Iraq's Shi'ite rulers defied Western calls on Tuesday to reach out to Sunnis to defuse the uprising in the north of the country, declaring a boycott of Iraq's main Sunni political bloc and accusing Sunni power Saudi Arabia of promoting "genocide".

Washington has made clear it wants Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to embrace Sunni politicians as a condition of U.S. support to fight a lightning advance by forces from the Islamic State ofIraq and the Levant.

But the Shi'ite prime minister has moved in the opposite direction, announcing a crackdown on politicians and officers he considers "traitors" and lashing out at neighbouring Sunni countries for stoking militancy.

The latest target of his government's fury was Saudi Arabia, the main Sunni power in the Gulf, which funds Sunni militants in neighbouring Syria but denies it is behind ISIL.

"We hold them responsible for supporting these groups financially and morally, and for the outcome of that - which includes crimes that may qualify as genocide: the spilling of Iraqi blood, the destruction of Iraqi state institutions and historic and religious sites," the Iraqi government said of Riyadh in a statement.

Maliki has blamed Saudi Arabia for supporting militants in the past, but the severe language was unprecedented.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/17/us-iraq-security-idUSKBN0EP0KJ20140617

An Iraqi femal in the parliament said : Obama wants us to have talks with the terrorists and I am asking the Americans : Why you did not have a talk with them after the 9/11"

Edited by IbnSohan

• Advanced Member

^ The Iraqi govt does not negotiate with the terrorists.

But the US is putting that as a condition to tell ISIS to stop. The US wants Iraqis to reach out to a sunni bloc, the bloc that helped ISIS get a foot on Iraqi soil and conspired with ISIS to progress quickly within the Iraqi land without resistance and the sunni bloc that gave up the boarders to ISIS. The Sunni bloc that prevented the emergency state from being declared from the first few days and the Sunni bloc that ran out of Iraq. Those who conspired with ISIS are as criminal as ISIS.

US dose not want Maliki to reach out to any Sunni block but to the sunni bloc the US desires.

• Advanced Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrTX5EZ8GRY

In what logic should you give more power to a corrupt sect bred by hate that only wants to kill Shias? That is like saying "oh, we won't aid you if you don't add some nazis to that army going to stop the holocaust". If Maliki is desperate he should at least keep Shias as commanders and Sunnis as rookies with little authority as long as possible until they are trusted 110% but of course the opposite has to happen right now so we are in a war against sunni extremists/terrorists, fought by Shias led by Sunnis. This doesnt add up tbh. If the US really wants to insist on their terms then we should buy from Russia/China/other military developed country and threaten with oil since it is Iraqs right to not let a single barrel leave the country but somehow we can't get weapons we are BUYING due to a set of terms, well then they shouldn't be getting as much oil or for a higher price because our country needs the money to fight terrorism or some other excuse. Beware everyone, this is the new holocaust.

• Advanced Member
BLOWBACK! U.S. TRAINED ISIS AT SECRET JORDAN BASE  

but the nut propaganda wants us to say absurd things like this:

Kenneth Roth        

ISIS in #Iraq reportedly tried not to alienate local population, unlike PM Maliki & his violent, sectarian repression http://trib.al/LqfFrjZ 

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/16/5814900/isis-photos-horrifying-iraq

• Veteran Member

Guess who this is? 

It's Bilal, son of Erdogan, with leaders of ISIS.

بلال اردوغان نجل رجب اردوغان مع أحد قادة داعش في احد فنادق اسطنبول

10417608_776416772378493_223824672389574

• Advanced Member

I've been observing some facebook discussions this past week by folks in my country. Muslim folks so they were obviously quarrelling with one another. The issue about leadership in the world came up. One guy I know personally said he will fight Jihad under the leadership of Shaykh Abu Bark Al-Baghdadi..........When I read that I got instant chills though my body.....we need to be careful no matter how far away from the war you might be...

• Advanced Member

BLOWBACK! U.S. TRAINED ISIS AT SECRET JORDAN BASE

but the nut propaganda wants us to say absurd things like this:

Kenneth Roth        

ISIS in #Iraq reportedly tried not to alienate local population, unlike PM Maliki & his violent, sectarian repression http://trib.al/LqfFrjZ 

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/16/5814900/isis-photos-horrifying-iraq

I heard month ago before this ISIS thing started in Iraq that US was training some troops in Jordan and they were aimed to help those terrorists in Syria. It seems that information was accurate and now when I see this it seem that they are ISIS.

Hillary Clinton says Nouri al-Maliki must resign: http://time.com/2892052/hillary-maliki-must-go/

Come to Iraq dear Hillary, I'm sure Muntadhar al-Zaidi has an extra shoe prepared for you. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntadhar_al-Zaidi

Oh my....now usa is again playing the "put a person that is our puppet" card. Exactly like Hosni Mubarak, Saddam Hussain, Gaddafi and other "leaders". 

• Advanced Member

Iraq requests US air strikes as Isis insurgents tighten grip on oil refinery:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/18/iraq-request-us-air-strikes-isis-baiji-oil

One of the biggest mistakes Iraq has made: requesting US aid. This is what those people who have planned this hidden agenda wants. Able to create more havoc. Those garbage can be defeated easily by Iraqi people and not need outside help. Especially from western countries.

• Advanced Member

One of the biggest mistakes Iraq has made: requesting US aid. This is what those people who have planned this hidden agenda wants. Able to create more havoc. Those garbage can be defeated easily by Iraqi people and not need outside help. Especially from western countries.

US is responsible to protect the democratic process in Iraq against any external threat according to an agreement between Iraq and US. After the fall of Saddam, the Iraqi army was almost destroyed, US suppose to train and equip a new formed army. Until now Iraq has no tanks or fighter jets. Maliki earlier today said in a televised speech that US did not fulfill its obligations towards Iraq in this crisis.

Which is all good.

UAE recalls envoy to Iraq, slams 'sectarian' policies   June 18, 2014 07:42 PM   AFP-logo_634447958080111526.png   322163_mainimg.jpg Iraqi Shiite tribal fighters raise their weapons and chant slogans against the al-Qaida-inspired Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, after authorities urged Iraqis to help battle insurgents, in Baghdad's Sadr City, Iraq, Wednesday, June 18, 2014. (AP Photo/ Khalid Mohammed)     A-plus.pngA-minus.png  

ABU DHABI: The http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

• Veteran Member

BREAKING NEWS: Rockets near the Shrine of Imam Hassan al-Askari (as) in Samarra . 14 people have been wounded

(Wilayah News)

Ah, ya Baqiyatullah.

Edited by Ali-F

• Advanced Member

Saud Al-Faisal Warns of Civil War in Iraq, Pro-ISIL Leaflets in Riyadh Local Editor

Saudi Arabia warned Wednesday that Iraq is at risk of facing a civil war with severe repercussions on the region.

faysal1.jpgDuring an opening of an Islamic bloc meeting in the Red Sea city of Jeddah, Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal voiced his concerns, saying the unrest in Iraq “carries warning signs of a civil war with unpredictable consequences.”

Al-Faisal reiterated Saudi’s claims that Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki’s “exclusion of Iraq’s Sunni minority in Iraq is responsible for the violence.”

Saudi Arabia has accused Syria’s three year unrest for collapsing the UN-brokered peace talks in February and for setting up the “climate for internal unrest” in Iraq.

Their failure has led to an "escalation in the violence and genocide carried out by the Syrian regime against its own people" and "diminished chances for a political solution," Al-Faisal claimed.

Meanwhile, the Iraqi government fired back, blaming Saudi Arabia for sponsoring and encouraging the terrorist forces attacking the Iraqi government.

“We hold [saudi Arabia] responsible for what these groups are receiving in terms of financial and moral support,” said the government in a statement, before calling out Riyadh for “siding with terrorism.”

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper said last month that leaflets were distributed in two Riyadh neighborhoods promoting the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, which the Saudi Arabia considers a terrorist organization. The militant group is also using social media, such as Twitter and YouTube, to recruit young Saudi men, reports said.

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=157188&cid=23&fromval=1&frid=23&seccatid=28&s1=1

Mass Media Incite in Favor of ISIL, Justify Crimes in Iraq  

Regarding the crimes carried out by armed groups in Iraq and most recently the execution of 1700 people, Iraq is being exposed to wide political and media inciting campaign, portraying the latest events as a sectarian war, and presenting the war crimes against civilians and national military personnel as tournaments.

The following report has more:

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=157133&cid=23&fromval=1&frid=23&seccatid=24&s1=1

• Advanced Member

The Engineered Destruction and Political Fragmentation of Iraq. Towards the Creation of a US Sponsored Islamist Caliphate

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham: An instrument of the Western Military Alliance

The Western media in chorus have described the unfolding conflict in Iraq as a “civil war” opposing the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham against the Armed forces of the Al-Maliki government.

(Also referred to as Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) or Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS))

The conflict is casually described as “sectarian warfare” between Radical Sunni and Shia without addressing “who is behind the various factions”.  What is at stake is a carefully staged US military-intelligence agenda.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-destruction-and-political-fragmentation-of-iraq-towards-the-creation-of-a-us-sponsored-islamist-caliphate/5386998

THE INNER CORE OF ISIS – THE INVASIVE SPECIES

The impressive assault by the ISIS terrorist group on Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city after Baghdad, and a commercial hub for the north of the country came suddenly and, according to the U.S., without warning.  The U.S. pretends that it had no warning about this attack, as though the United States abjured any responsibility for Iraq and its people once the government in Baghdad stopped playing shoeshine boy to the American spooks at the inordinately bombastic embassy built in the post-bellum age of fanciful, neo-conservative dreams.  As you shall see, the ISIS attack in Iraq plays right into that sense of American chagrin.

Read more at http://www.syrianperspective.com/2014/06/the-inner-core-of-isis-the-invasive-species.html#316tGjxrmzZ92swX.99

• Veteran Member

The 'grievances' sunnis worldwide have regarding iraq are beyond pathetic. As Noah has rightfully pointed out, we have a sunni speaker, a sunni president and - adding to that - SUNNI SOLDIERS, THE SAME DIRTBAGS WHO DEFECTED. And you know whats the worst part about this? The retarded, inbred, culturally illiterate media over here has been peddling the same conspiracy theories regarding Maliki as well. 

Arrogant ba'thi sunnis are just hurt that they dont have the lion's share in governing anymore. The only sectarians in the current conflict are the ISIS khawarij.