Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hassan

2014 Iraq Conflict [Opinion & Analysis]

Rate this topic

First Falujah, then all of Al-Anbar, and now Mosul. what's next, Baghdad? I don't know how these kafir filthy rats are crawling their way across Iraq, but I regret to say that they are doing a good job at it from their end...Allahu Almusta'an

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/09/uk-iraq-security-idUKKBN0EK22Z20140609

Insurgents in Iraq overrun Mosul provincial government headquarters

BY ZIAD AL-SINJARY

MOSUL Iraq Mon Jun 9, 2014 11:30pm BST

0 COMMENTS

Link this

Share this

Email

Print

RELATED TOPICS

World »

Iraq »

Middle East »

(Reuters) - Insurgents overran the headquarters of the provincial government in Iraq's northern city of Mosul late on Monday, making further gains in a fourth day of fighting in the country's second-largest city.

Governor Atheel Nujaifi was trapped inside the building but managed to escape while police held back an assault by hundreds of militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades, sniper rifles and heavy machine guns mounted on vehicles.

The western side of Mosul is now in control of militants, who are advancing steadily southwards in the direction of a major army base where a military airport and top-security prison are located, three army officers told Reuters.

Earlier on Monday, Nujaifi made a televised plea to the city's inhabitants to fight militants who have been regaining ground in Iraq and last Friday moved into Mosul.

"I call on the men of Mosul to stand firm in their areas and defend them against the outsiders, and to form popular committees through the provincial council," said Nujaifi, the Iraqi flag draped behind him.

Police and local officials said the militants were using cranes to move blast walls into position and block roads to prevent the army from regaining control.

Several army officers said Iraqi forces were demoralised and no match for the militants from the Sunni Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which is also active across the border in Syria.

"Without urgent intervention of more supporting troops Mosul could fall into their hands in a matter of days" said a senior security official from Nineveh operation centre, adding that ISIL was only 3 kilometres from the Ghizlani military camp.

The fighting has already forced more than 4,800 families from their homes to other parts of the province and beyond, Iraqi deputy Migration and Displacement minister said.

First Falujah, then all of Al-Anbar, and now Mosul. what's next, Baghdad? I don't know how these kafir filthy rats are crawling their way across Iraq, but I regret to say that they are doing a good job at it from their end...Allahu Almusta'an

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/09/uk-iraq-security-idUKKBN0EK22Z20140609

Insurgents in Iraq overrun Mosul provincial government headquarters

BY ZIAD AL-SINJARY

MOSUL Iraq Mon Jun 9, 2014 11:30pm BST

0 COMMENTS

Link this

Share this

Email

Print

RELATED TOPICS

World »

Iraq »

Middle East »

(Reuters) - Insurgents overran the headquarters of the provincial government in Iraq's northern city of Mosul late on Monday, making further gains in a fourth day of fighting in the country's second-largest city.

Governor Atheel Nujaifi was trapped inside the building but managed to escape while police held back an assault by hundreds of militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades, sniper rifles and heavy machine guns mounted on vehicles.

The western side of Mosul is now in control of militants, who are advancing steadily southwards in the direction of a major army base where a military airport and top-security prison are located, three army officers told Reuters.

Earlier on Monday, Nujaifi made a televised plea to the city's inhabitants to fight militants who have been regaining ground in Iraq and last Friday moved into Mosul.

"I call on the men of Mosul to stand firm in their areas and defend them against the outsiders, and to form popular committees through the provincial council," said Nujaifi, the Iraqi flag draped behind him.

Police and local officials said the militants were using cranes to move blast walls into position and block roads to prevent the army from regaining control.

Several army officers said Iraqi forces were demoralised and no match for the militants from the Sunni Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which is also active across the border in Syria.

"Without urgent intervention of more supporting troops Mosul could fall into their hands in a matter of days" said a senior security official from Nineveh operation centre, adding that ISIL was only 3 kilometres from the Ghizlani military camp.

The fighting has already forced more than 4,800 families from their homes to other parts of the province and beyond, Iraqi deputy Migration and Displacement minister said.

I suspect you have relatives in Iraq. Probably how you get your great information. Hope they are doing fine.

Sunnis are stupid, that's how. They are willing to get their cities destroyed just to win over Shia or get their own Iraq. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhp3Pc7mlD8&feature=youtu.be

10463865_10152538850546495_8459127798285

Look at those idiots specifically, Wallahi even a filthy passive homosexual has more honor and dignity in front of my eyes than these traitors! May Allah curse them and their kaffir state!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152538850566495&set=pcb.10152538852871495&type=1&theater

Edited by Al-Najashi

Sunnis are stupid, that's how. They are willing to get their cities destroyed just to win over Shia or get their own Iraq. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhp3Pc7mlD8&feature=youtu.be

Ummm aren't majority of Syrians Sunni? And Bashar is winning that war. Maybe Iraq is more polarized idk.

WARNING: DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVE WEAK HEART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dPS_5jo8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7mx6858MU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHB9W7nJ98

Da'esh = The Sunni Iraqis, they support the militants and consider them saviors. Tomorrow we will hear them crying. Couldn't care less.

WARNING: DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVE WEAK HEART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dPS_5jo8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7mx6858MU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHB9W7nJ98

Da'esh = The Sunni Iraqis, they support the militants and consider them saviors. Tomorrow we will hear them crying. Couldn't care less.

jazzakallah khayr for showing these videos which documents the crimes of daaish.. i hope you'll post more

Salam,

They are spreading preety fast,they must be getting some inside help too. Saudi is definatly part of this.

I just dont understand how they can spread so fast,troops should just shoot the day lights out of those takefiers and not question them about who fulan and fulan is.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if this gets worse then an effective short-term solution would be the re-emergence of Jaish al Mahdi and the Sahwa Militias to regain control of ISIS territory.

How about Iran?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683826208339083&set=vb.100001351296087&type=2&theater 

^ This is Mosul today.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if this gets worse then an effective short-term solution would be the re-emergence of Jaish al Mahdi and the Sahwa Militias to regain control of ISIS territory.

Thats what they are hoping for, then they will say "the shias are massacred the sunnis" and try to get more support.

Best thing is to let them stay for a while, watch them fail, behead each other, let the whole world witness that they have no hope of governing even one city, then we can put this wahabi ideology in the bin forever.

Thats what they are hoping for, then they will say "the shias are massacred the sunnis" and try to get more support.

Best thing is to let them stay for a while, watch them fail, behead each other, let the whole world witness that they have no hope of governing even one city, then we can put this wahabi ideology in the bin forever.

Let them fail? They've only gained territory for the past year, they've held Falluja and half of Ramadi for the past 4 months and they recently gained Nineveh. Where are they failing?

Please anyone, translate this for me... I am confused... Is it people throwing rocks at Iraqi Army in Mosul?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=705393712856074&set=vb.520239294704851&type=2&theater

That's in Kurdish. I'm not sure what it's exactly saying but something to do with "democracy in Iraq" if I'm not mistaken. As for the pests throwing rocks at the Iraqi army, idk why they are doing that as well.

If Maliki arms people further, this will turn into a civil war just like how it happened in Afghanistan, by giving weapons to ordinary public they are pouring oil on sectarian conflicts

Either way, a significant portion of Iraqis possess weapons in their homes. There are no on going sectarian conflicts now, and having more people possess weapons when a significant portion of them own them already won't cause a future sectarian conflict. It's a good idea that Maliki is arming more people as it will increase the defence in general of the country against these terrorists.

That's in Kurdish. I'm not sure what it's exactly saying but something to do with "democracy in Iraq" if I'm not mistaken. As for the pests throwing rocks at the Iraqi army, idk why they are doing that as well.

Either way, a significant portion of Iraqis possess weapons in their homes. There are no on going sectarian conflicts now, and having more people possess weapons when a significant portion of them own them already won't cause a future sectarian conflict. It's a good idea that Maliki is arming more people as it will increase the defence in general of the country against these terrorists.

Arming a civilian militia to defend a country is a little embarrassing for a country that has an army with the latest military hardware and supposed training. What about military intelligence? Didn't they see this coming? It's as though the Iraqi government and army are sat there with their thumbs up their butts waiting to be invaded. It is clear that these takfiri mal3ooneen are very well organized and would probably whip the civilian militia anyway.

Salam,

They are spreading preety fast,they must be getting some inside help too. Saudi is definatly part of this.

I just dont understand how they can spread so fast,troops should just shoot the day lights out of those takefiers and not question them about who fulan and fulan is.

Couldn't agree more... Nothing personal against Maliki, but he needs to step down and let someone with a backbone and competent deal with this. 

If I was in charge, i would tell these takfiris to surrender within 48 hours or we will indiscriminately pound with artillery and airforce, rather than declaring a "state of emergency" like a wimp... it's the only way i'm afraid 

Arming a civilian militia to defend a country is a little embarrassing for a country that has an army with the latest military hardware and supposed training. What about military intelligence? Didn't they see this coming? It's as though the Iraqi government and army are sat there with their thumbs up their butts waiting to be invaded. It is clear that these takfiri mal3ooneen are very well organized and would probably whip the civilian militia anyway.

It doesn't help that the province's governor refused to let the army perimeter the city (the third-largest in the country) just like it had every other city. ISIS walked into an undefended city with only a police force. On top of that the governor's brother, the speaker of parliament Usama al Nujaifi, went all the way to the Pentagon to plead to them not to give Iraq weapons to fight ISIS.

If I was in charge, i would tell these takfiris to surrender within 48 hours or we will indiscriminately pound with artillery and airforce, rather than declaring a "state of emergency" like a wimp... it's the only way i'm afraid 

Oh great we've found our solution.

For those that are asserting that Saudi is behind sending foreign troops to Daish and supplying them with weapons, I disagree. Currently in Mosul, there are hundreds and hundreds, if not most, at least a thousand members of Daish troops in Mosul alone and this is not including the other members who currently control Falujah and Al-Anbar province in general. To have this number of troops secretly pass through the Iraqi border from Saudi without the detection of Iraqi patrol guards and the military is almost impossible, especially when considering that the Iraqi borders, especially with Saudi, unlike before, is more monitored and under control than it used to be 10 years ago. Another important point to consider is that Da'ish, Al-Qaeda and their allies possess a threat to Saudi authority(research Ridayth bombings from Al-Qaeda to get an idea why). 

Moreover, the reason that there is a large number of Daish militants and their easy take over of Mosul, is because the majority of them are Iraqi Sunnis from Al-Anbar and Mosul. This is easily confirmed even on the common facebook pages. For example, take a look at this page. 

https://www.facebook.com/Iraqe.Revolution

They are Iraqis and their are giving their full support to Daish. 

Also looking back at the video that brother Ali posted. The people are throwing rocks at the army as if the army are Zionists troops or something. It's clear that they do not want them and hence, it becomes natural to see that some locals, especially the Sunni extremists that oppose the majority Shia government, take actions against the national army and take sides with Daish. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755478417806303&set=vb.100000324560917&type=2&theater

I cannot say that the majority of the people of Mosul support Daish, but it is clear without a doubt that a significant portion of them, if not, a minority you could say do support them. This minority includes some members of the army operating in Mosul as well as local police who are now, guilty of treason for betraying the country and in supporting Daish by arming them and handing them over the authority. 

In other words, the problem has to do more with the locals and the army and police operating there. From my knowledge, it has been reported that many of them are guilty of treason in handing authority over to Daish, and hence, this significantly contributed to the collapse of the Iraqi army and their control over Mosul. 

Training? I hope you're not being serious. The Iraqi army in general is a joke compared to armies of other countries. There is no proper training. Many of the "soldiers" can't even fight properly and have taken the position of being a soldier not solely with the intention to defend the country, but to receive a salary, mainly because of the national corruption, it's the only job they could find to help them feed their families. 

Arming civilians can be a great of an advantage not only for the national army but the country in general. At times, civilians who are armed can fight better than the Iraqi army. How do you think, Jaish Al-Mahdi, Liwa Abu Fadhl Al-Abbas have been so successful in most of their operations in the past and strong? Most of the people in those groups are actual civilians who received training, if not in the Iran war, probably just in their homes shooting pistols and Aks. Armed civilians, especially Shia militants(I don't even mind if Jaysh Al-Mahdi is revived anymore considering the critical state we are facing now) are needed to counter attack these terrorists, and trust me, them along side with the army, can easily clean Mosul from Da'ish. 

Couldn't agree more... Nothing personal against Maliki, but he needs to step down and let someone with a backbone and competent deal with this. 

That's exactly what he's doing. Maliki is preparing 3000 soldiers and F-15 fighter jets to go to Mosul. Aside from that, Shia civilians from the southern areas are also arming themselves and preparing to defend their main cities and counter attack. 

Edited by Al-Najashi

shame to iraqi army.They flew like coward.they do not have any courage or ideology.

People of kufa are always cursed

Cant iraqi army learn from sacred defence of iranian commanders during iran-iraq war?
10 years old child was against number of tanks.

A modern example is hizbullah.

Giving a whole freakin province to takfiris is just madness.

i hope iran comes for rescue.

sardar suleimani has already warned the terrrorists.He is the one who does not tell lies and does what he says.

shame to iraqi army.They flew like coward.they do not have any courage or ideology.

Cant iraqi army learn from sacred defence of iranian commanders during iran-iraq war?

sardar suleimani has already warned the terrrorists.He is the one who does not tell lies and does what he says.

The army did not hand over anything, I wouldn't accuse the entire army for treason, as this would be a false and too generalized label. I forgot to mention that those members of police and army that handed authority to Daesh in Mosul were Sunnis who opposed the government, and supported the cause of Daesh to establish an Islamic state in Iraq. In other words, they were motivated by sectarianism. When you have a significant portion of the local police in mosul commit treason due to sectarian issues, and have only a handful that are faithful to the country oppose them and Daish, it would logically make sense that the city would be lost. 

Those handful of soldiers that tries to repel their opponents tried their best to fight, but look what happened to them...Allah knows where their fate lies in the hands of these terrorists. 

10388657_10152538769481495_6785294094049

In general, the Iraqi army has the support of every Iraqi who is faithful to his country and people, and opposing them in any way is an act of treason against the country and it's people.

I cannot imagine the sectarian madness that would erupt if that were to happen. Iraqis can solve this issue on their own, as this is a national issue. No need for foreign influence, not from Iran, or Takfiri Wahabi foreign mujahideen. 

Edited by Al-Najashi

347f1e77d523b0a726ddb1b636a4f75e1fa1bd69

The army did not hand over anything, I wouldn't accuse the entire army for treason, as this would be a false and too generalized label. I forgot to mention that those members of police and army that handed authority to Daesh in Mosul were Sunnis who opposed the government, and supported the cause of Daesh to establish an Islamic state in Iraq. In other words, they were motivated by sectarianism. When you have a significant portion of the local police in mosul commit treason due to sectarian issues, and have only a handful that are faithful to the country oppose them and Daish, it would logically make sense that the city would be lost. 

I disagree. I dont think most Iraqi Sunnis would want an Islamic State, a lot of them are not very practicing at all. I think their support for da'ish is only in spite of Maliki and the shi'ite establishment, and they want to see a resurgence of the ba3thi cause.

I disagree. I dont think most Iraqi Sunnis would want an Islamic State, a lot of them are not very practicing at all. I think their support for da'ish is only in spite of Maliki and the shi'ite establishment, and they want to see a resurgence of the ba3thi cause.

Yeah definitely not a majority, I thought I stated that in my earlier posts, maybe I wasn't clear enough. However a significant minority still want to see an Islamic state in Iraq. Thousands have also fled the city so this has a lot to say about how much of the locals oppose this group. 

They would indeed want a resurgence of the Ba'thi regime and at the same time, they cannot handle to acknowledge the fact that a Shia majority government has control, this is an established fact on many Sunnis in Iraq, regardless if they are religious or not and this can easily be confirmed on facebook alone. Moreover,  they would want any chance to oppose Maliki and by supporting Daish, they would think that it would be in their advantage. Sadly for them, they don't know that Daish has an agenda in secretly preparing to turn their city into the next Kandahar. 

Edited by Al-Najashi

Those handful of soldiers that tries to repel their opponents tried their best to fight, but look what happened to them...Allah knows where their fate lies in the hands of these terrorists. 

10388657_10152538769481495_6785294094049

In general, the Iraqi army has the support of every Iraqi who is faithful to his country and people, and opposing them in any way is an act of treason against the country and it's people.

I cannot imagine the sectarian madness that would erupt if that were to happen. Iraqis can solve this issue on their own, as this is a national issue. No need for foreign influence, not from Iran, or Takfiri Wahabi foreign mujahideen. 

i know.i am not accusing every single man of iraqi national army.i am just saying that if those personnels who were present in mosul resisted daish and then higher command planned a rapid action then things could have been different.

sectarian madness is already very high.i hope and pray iraq resolve this issue and crush the backbone of daish.

And i dont mean iranian army on iraqi soil.There are a lot of areas in which iraqi army is unprofessional.They can get help in those areas.

What do the people of Kufa have to do with any of this?

it is symbolic for the people who are not trust worthy when needed

347f1e77d523b0a726ddb1b636a4f75e1fa1bd69

poor-brian-gets-cancer-funny-meme-pictur

Edited by AnaAmmar1

The trouble with Iraq is lack of national unity and nationalism for soldiers to be serious as the Iranian army, as someone above mentioned why they don't act as Iran or Hezbollah.

Iraqis of the three major divisions are against each other even though most of those Sunnis aren't particularly religious. It's almost like "Sunni" and "Shi'a" are ethnic groups in Iraq, even though both of Arab race.

The solution for Iraqis is to emphasize nationalism to the whole country based on the Mesopotamian civilizations. Instill pride and build museums about the Babylonians, Assyrians, Sumerians, etc. Then they will not want silly Syrian, Somali and Chechen ISIS fighters coming in causing destruction. Also teach chauvinism against "Bedouin Arabs," to lessen Saudi influence. Of course just don't take it to the point where it's anti-Islam.

This is precisely what the Iranians and Lebanese have done.

Iranians are certainly not all religious. What they all share, however, is Persian nationalism. Argue all you want about how accurate it is, but the truth is it works. This makes them unified against foreigners, especially Saudis and other Arabs, even if they disagree on religious issues with each other. Look how angry Iranians get over "Persian Gulf" vs "Arab Gulf". It might be silly, but it works.

Lebanese have strong nationalism (Phoenicians) and bias against "khaleejis" too.

Also I don't know if this was mentioned but part of the reasons for Sunnis not liking the current government hence some siding with the terrorists, could be because not enough attention is given to their communities as compared to the those living in other parts of Iraq? These are impoverished people who feel ignored/treated like second class citizens by their own government which is more catering to majority Shia areas. Sort of like Bahrain or the Qatif area in Occupied Hijaz.

However that isn't a valid reason for them to join terrorists.