Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Is There Enmity Between Shias And Sunnis

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

The short answer is, Sunnis deny the status of Imam Ali and the Ahlul Bayt, and praise those who have oppressed them and wronged them.

In their view however, those we view as oppressors are viewed as great heroes and role models to them.

• Veteran Member

What do you mean enmity? I think you are presumption is false. You can say why are there differences between us. I think its preposterous to call it enmity when the Quran itself testifies to there being no compulsion to religion and people can choose to follow what ever they want. Knowing we both have the same God, Prophets and Quran...

Yea sure, there maybe a sunni that hates a shia and vis vera, but you cannot generalize. Just as an atheist may hate a religious person, or a christian a catholic. ;)

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

• Veteran Member

Enmity existed long before between Shia and Sunnis, it existed amongst all religion, race, colours, etc. So, just to point out Shia and Sunnis, give's me the feeling you want Shia and Sunnis to slander each others over our beliefs !

• Veteran Member

Its worse now than it has been historically and i get the impression politics are to blame. Theres no reason why moderates on both sides cant get along, like the previous poster says, its the extremists that cause the misery. You might be interested in this: