Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

This World Is An Exam

Rate this topic

Personally, I think, this world is an exam, in an exam, you need a right answer and a wrong answer. It is god's plan, in order to separate the good from the bad to create a bad side and a good side. If this world was full of Mo'mineen and rightous people and everyone was right and everyone was good, what would be the point of the exam?

Just as god planned Satan and his downfall, he has planned for Bani Adam. A coin must have 2 sides, Darkness must exist in order for us to be able to tell what light is and Evil must exist so that good can exist.

This is my viewpoint, I don't know if it is correct and I am not saying this must be the truth, so can you enlighten me and debate over this with me?

Thank you

(bismillah)

(salam)

You are correct.  In the history of Islamic intellectual thought much has been written regarding complementary and opposites in creation.  the Quran is always talking about opposites.  

Day and night, heaven and earth, believers and disbelievers, male and female, hell and paradise, beautiful attributes and majestic attributes, His mercy and His wrath etc etc.

God is referred to as the Coincidence of Opposites.  The reason why creation must consist of opposites is simply because the creation is not God!

Another answer to the question of evil is this.  God is All Good and the creation is not all good (but it is as good as it can be)!

Edited by eThErEaL

Salam,

I dont think god planned for satan to be evil,but satan himself made the choice to be bad.. If god created satan bad and planned for him to be bad then it will not be satans fault if he did bad and he shouldnt be punished for his bad acts. If their was no bad things happening we humans will not grow or learn.. Darkness is what brings you closer to the light or makes you fall in more darkness.

The world is a test and you have the choice to make decisions,it will not be test if everything is pre planned. Some things might be pre destinied but you have free will to change your destiny with your actions/decisions...

Salam,

I dont think god planned for satan to be evil

I agree with this, but seeing how he has become the definition of evil, the body of evil while Allah is the source of all goodness, it indicates that satan has become a filter for separating the evil from the good.

As a result why I think God allowed Satan to become evil, he knew and he didn't act to change Satan but he could have because he is All powerful. Truly Allah is the best of planners.

(bismillah)

(salam)

"As it can be" wrong. as good as God has allowed it is more right.

I dont think god planned for satan to be evil,but satan himself made the choice to be bad.. If god created satan bad and planned for him to be bad then it will not be satans fault if he did bad and he shouldnt be punished for his bad acts. 

Two question for you to think about:

1. Who mislead Satan? Who whispered evil within him? If Satan doesn't need anything external to him to be led astray, why would human beings need Satan? 

2. How else would Adam have been driven out of the garden without Satan playing a leading role in this regard? Doesn't this suggest that God needed someone to be bad, and this just happened to be iblees?

"As it can be" wrong. as good as God has allowed it is more right.

(salam)

God is All-Good.  He does only good!  He is not bad at all!

So He will make the world as good as possible.

If He doesn't create in the best way then He is not the best creator (He is an imperfect creator).

I agree with this, but seeing how he has become the definition of evil, the body of evil while Allah is the source of all goodness, it indicates that satan has become a filter for separating the evil from the good.

As a result why I think God allowed Satan to become evil, he knew and he didn't act to change Satan but he could have because he is All powerful. Truly Allah is the best of planners.

Some may view it differently,god created satan,therefore he is the source of evil and good. I dont think god can change us,he just gives us opitions.

This is shirk, You are saying god can't do something, which means he isn't all powerful

Can God create a rock so heavy He can't lift.

Or can He confine Himself to some place and not be else where.

Or can He make himself die?

Or can He..

I don't think it that way. Things that we do naturally can't be done by GoD. Like eat and all.

Forgive me if I sounded offensive. And may God forgive me if I said anything wrong.

(Bismillah)

(Salam)

Sayyed, you have misunderstood the meaning of God's power.

God can only do good. He is he source of all good. All evil is the byproduct of a lack of goodness, just as darkness is the byproduct of a lack of light. Darkness does not actually exist. It is a result of the absence of something that does exist, light.

Therefore, God cannot do anything bad. God cannot lie, God cannot make a mistake, God cannot limit Himself, God cannot be humble, God cannot create another God.

These may seem like limitations when presented in grammatical form and via the medium of a language, but in reality they just reconfirm his limitless-ness. It is not that He cannot do them in the sense of a limitation. It is that they do not exist, in actuality, for Him, just like darkness.

Just like if I tell a student "you cannot fail". That is not a testament to his limitation in not being able to do something, but rather is a testament to his ability to excel, to succeed. Just like the above statements are a testament to God's true power.

Hope I helped.

(Wasalam)

Edited by Hazyn

(bismillah)

(salam)

God can only do good.

(wasalam)

then by saying this you are putting 'good' above god. you are implying that good is something above god which confines god to it.

Can God create a rock so heavy He can't lift.

Or can He confine Himself to some place and not be else where.

Or can He make himself die?

Or can He..

I don't think it that way. Things that we do naturally can't be done by GoD. Like eat and all.

Forgive me if I sounded offensive. And may God forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Ask him when you return to him

Can God create another God?

(bismillah)

then by saying this you are putting 'good' above god. you are implying that good is something above god which confines god to it.

I advise you to re-read my post as it seems you missed the entire point brother.

(wasalam)

Two question for you to think about:

1. Who mislead Satan? Who whispered evil within him? If Satan doesn't need anything external to him to be led astray, why would human beings need Satan? 

2. How else would Adam have been driven out of the garden without Satan playing a leading role in this regard? Doesn't this suggest that God needed someone to be bad, and this just happened to be iblees?

Creating the capacity for something isnt the same as making it happen. God gave humans and Jinn the capacity to choose other than submission.

We cannot assume God "cannot" He certainly can however He does not lie or do bad etc... God can send punishments and wraths which some consider to be bad however its not... I hope you understand what I am trying to say

(Bismillah)

(Salam)

God can only do good. He is he source of all good. All evil is the byproduct of a lack of goodness, just as darkness is the byproduct of a lack of light. Darkness does not actually exist. It is a result of the absence of something that does exist, light.

Therefore, God cannot do anything bad. God cannot lie, God cannot make a mistake, God cannot limit Himself, God cannot be humble, God cannot create another God.

These may seem like limitations when presented in grammatical form and via the medium of a language, but in reality they just reconfirm his limitless-ness. It is not that He cannot do them in the sense of a limitation. It is that they do not exist, in actuality, for Him, just like darkness.

Just like if I tell a student "you cannot fail". That is not a testament to his limitation in not being able to do something, but rather is a testament to his ability to excel, to succeed. Just like the above statements are a testament to God's true power.

Hope I helped.

(Wasalam)

Edited by irakiya_shi3iya

God can do everything, but he chooses not to do some of them, he knows what is best and he chooses what is good.

Btw good is something created by humans, it is a word describing what we think, good might mean something different with god and he knows the original good.

To say he can't  do something is wrong because that means he isn't all powerful, to say he is all powerful but chooses not to do somethings and he certainly can do everything is correct.

So if we say he can only do good, we are limiting him to only good actions. Allah is above having a limit

Well, if this is a question I can only ask God about then are you speaking on behalf of God when you claim that "God can do the impossible but decides not to"?

I am not speaking on behalf of god, but your question was one that is impossible to answer so I cannot answer it and the only one who can is God.

When I 'assume' that god can do the impossible is because he has done the impossible, something is impossible if it is outside human power, if humans don't understand how something is done they say "it is impossible".

All things are possible by Allah because he is within all things and everything is done by his permission. If the sun was to rise from the opposite side then something 'impossible' would have happened.

Just like parting the river Nile was impossible but God done it to help Mosa and the gate of Khyber was impregnable but Ali removed it with his bare hands with the help of Allah. So Allah certainly can do the impossible always but chooses not to.

Creating the capacity for something isnt the same as making it happen. God gave humans and Jinn the capacity to choose other than submission.

So who misled Satan? He misled himself? If human beings have the inbuilt capacity to reject submission then why was Satan commissioned to "mislead?"

(Bismillah)

^akhi I suggest you read some books on Islamis theology because your ideas of God are not at all in line with what Islam prescribes to God.

God is all-good and God can only do good. Good is not something defined by humans. Good emanates from God and his attributes, which we can reflect as we were created in His image.

(Wasalam)

I am not speaking on behalf of god, but your question was one that is impossible to answer so I cannot answer it and the only one who can is God.

When I 'assume' that god can do the impossible is because he has done the impossible, something is impossible if it is outside human power, if humans don't understand how something is done they say "it is impossible".

You seem to be confusing between what is ordinarily impossible and what is logically impossible.

Something which entails a contradiction is logically impossible.

Something which doesn't entail a contradiction but which does not occur in phenomena is ordinarily impossible.

Someone once asked Imam Jafer Sadiq (as) if God can fit the entire world into an egg without changing either of their sizes. The Imam told Him God can do anything but what he asked him was meaningless or nothing (absurd). In other words it is logically impossible.

All things are possible by Allah because he is within all things and everything is done by his permission. If the sun was to rise from the opposite side then something 'impossible' would have happened.

That is not impossible. It is logically conceivable and therefore logically possible.

Just like parting the river Nile was impossible but God done it to help Mosa and the gate of Khyber was impregnable but Ali removed it with his bare hands with the help of Allah. So Allah certainly can do the impossible always but chooses not to.

These are not impossible. These are all logically conceivable and therefore possible.