Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
skylight2

Are The Obamaites Happy Now?

Rate this topic

There used to be a number of Obama supporters here, when he was running for elections - are y'all happy now that he has released a bunch of senior Taleban people, including a guy accused of masterminding slaughter of Shi'as ? 

What are your feelings now? Would you vote for the guy again, now that you know what he is all about. 

Btw -what is good that there is no more pretense about which group the US really supports - the whabbists anti-Shi'a types. 

If Rouhani had any backbone he would immediately withdraw from all negotiations and tell Obama to take a ______________  Unfortunately the President of the one nation that even comes close to being based on Islam, is all about appeasing. 

Obama is just a reporter and has no power for such decisions pertaining to matters of national security. The release of the senior Taliban, imo, is very much part and parcel of the new US strategy vis-a-vis the region in light of the new convergence between Russia and China. 

I voted for him as the lesser evil, not that it really matters.  All high level politicians are ineffectual marionettes for the manipulation of big business, media, and other powerful lobbying groups.

I voted for him as the lesser evil, not that it really matters.  All high level politicians are ineffectual marionettes for the manipulation of big business, media, and other powerful lobbying groups.

"Lesser evil"... lol. I would vote for smaller groups. They are lesser evil.

Ayyyy?

"Lesser evil"... lol. I would vote for smaller groups. They are lesser evil.

Ayyyy?

Agree.  

I vote because it is a civic responsibility, but I don't think my vote actually matters. A smaller party or group would only make an impact if enough people were willing to vote for them that it would be perfectly obvious that the voting is rigged.

why is voting for evil a civic responsibility? "lesser evil" is the same as evil - 1 = evil

True, but to not vote is to relinquish the right to complain about the outcome or lack thereof. It is resignation.

And to answer the question, I didn't expect any better or worse, so no, I'm not happy with what he has been doing but I didn't expect to be.

One of these days we are going to have to have a revolution. I hope it is a bloodless coup.