Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
notme

Divorce Questions

Rate this topic

Yes, I did.  Allah knows, you don't...so don't make up reasons on the spot.

yes he does. what do you mean reasons? lol. That is the ruling given by alims. women have to wait for iddah even if they have been away from their husbands for your information. Stop being so rude, I just spoke to you the way you spoke to me. You couldn't answer it so now you are telling me I am making it up. please.

That is the ruling given by alims. women have to wait for iddah even if they have been away from their husbands for your information.

On what basis from Quran or hadith? Emotional attachment isn't going to be there either if he has been absent for a long time.

I have personally spoken to a few alims who said that iddah must be done. Of course they get it from Quran or hadith where else from?Syed Muhammed Rizvi of Islamic centre in London issues divorces. He informed me himself. I will ask him or another alim for a reference. Emotional attachment is a possibility, there is something called the internet or the phones where people could have contact. It wasnt a compulsory part of a situation anyhow as they all differ.

Edited by 786repenting

^ Thank you for your answer. It's better to err on the side of caution anyway. I just wondered where it was mentioned in Quran or hadith.

If a woman believes her husband to be dead but does not remarry after the iddah, then gets word that he had died very recently, would she have to observe iddah again?

salams all,

With regards to your question. I got the following asnwer from a scholar in the USA.

I asked for a reference which explains that a woman has to do iddah even if she was away from her husband. This was his reply.

"As-salaamu alaykum, It's in detailed arabic fatwa books. like Urwat ul-wuthqah. It is not translated into English at all. Thank you. I pray Allah keeps you with salamah and aafiyah. Syed Mohammed Abbas Ayleya, Seattle.

I have yet to find Syed Mohammed Rizvi of islamic centre in case he has direct references inshaAllah.

ma'salaama

What recourse does a woman have if her "husband" refuses divorce? Assume she does not have money to pay back the mahr.

If that husband has never supported the wife, does he owe her for her own money or other resources she obtained to support herself and any children? Can a portion of this debt be used to satisfy the mahr repayment?

Salam my ex took everything from me and 2 years later, she is taking me to court trying to get more money of me !!!

Salam my ex took everything from me and 2 years later, she is taking me to court trying to get more money of me !!!

I am sorry you have to go through this. Both men and women are capable of being oppressors.

I am sorry you have to go through this. Both men and women are capable of being oppressors.

Im still in the mess, its not over yet... Thanx for sympathy tho, and the worst part is i only ever touched her ... No one else