Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Duas And/or Surahs For Seizures

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

For a while, I was debating on where to post this or if I should post this.

I will start out with some background:

In 2013 of September, I was diagnosed with Absence Seizure. It could be deadly if not treated. It is where a individual space out for about of time. At first this only happened while exercising. So I was force to stop exercising and gain all the weight I was working so hard not to have.

Every 3 months I would have a number of seizure. Every time I go to my neurologist, they would raise up my meds. So we switch to another neurologist because we felt the first neurologist wasn't doing his job. The second neurologist was doing the same. Raising up meds. I started out on meds that was 50mg-500. I am now on 500mg a day. Last Friday, my seizures had changed. I just got out of the shower, not fully dressed, when I went into a seizure, my mom heard me kicking the cabinet and I supposedly fell. I woke up on the couch dressed when the ENT people came in. I had some bruises on my body.

Every time I have a seizure, there are series of question that must be ask, such as what is my name, who is the president, what was I doing before having a seizure, what I ate in a morning. Questions like this. Most of the time I can't remember them.

Now 3 days ago, it gotten worst. I just had a doctor appointment that morning to check up on my new symptoms. I was complaining how dizzy I was from the meds that my doctor changed. I was experiencing most of the symptoms, such as lost of balance, dizziness, clumsiness, nauseated, and lost of appetite. That day, in the afternoon, I went food shopping with my mom and my twin brother. We haven't been in the store for more than 10 mins, when I went into one. I remember blacking out and waking up scared. I started crying as people were staring at me. It was blurry so I didn't know how many were staring. I remember a guy, a woman, and my mom holding on to me as I was on the floor. They were making sure I didn't fell. Their faces wasn't clear. I couldn't remember what they look like. All I remember is hearing voices.

Now the purpose of this post:

What can I do to over come my situation? What duas are successful? What Surahs are meant for this? My whole life has changed. My family are treating me like a child. I had to drop classes for the fall semester at the college I was attention. I had to drop out a previous major that I love but couldn't do anymore, because how far of a distant it was. I had to cancel going out with friends. 

We are now getting new insurance to run every test that is out there.

Please, I really need some help. :(

What are my options?

1. If ayat al-kursi is read 21 times near a person who is undergoing an epileptic seizure, he/she will recover inshaAllah.

2. A woman went to the Prophet (pbuh) and told him that her child had an epileptic seizure; she asked him to pray for her child. The Messenger of Allah advised her to read the following verse. When the woman read it, her child recovered.

"Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Wa nunazzilu mina'l-Qur'ani ma huwa shifaun wa rahmatin li'l-mu'minin. Wa la yazidu'z-zalimina illa khasara." (al-Isra, 17/82)

ITS MEANING: "We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss."

3. The verses 115-118 of the chapter al-Mu'minun (23) should be read.

A fa hasibtum annama khalaqnakum abathan wa antum ilayna la turjaun.

Fa taala'llahu'l-maliku'l-haqqu, la ilaha illa hu. Rabbu'l-arshi'l-karim.

Wa man yad'u maallahi ilahan akhara la burhana lahu bihi, fa innama hisabuhu inda rabbihi; innaha la yuflihu'l-kafirun.

Wa qul rabbi'ghfir wa'rham, wa anta khayru'r-rahimin." (al-Mu'minun, 23/115-118) THEIR MEANING:

"Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"

Therefore exalted be Allah, the King the Reality; there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honor! If anyone invokes, besides Allah any other god, he has no authority thereof; and his reckoning will be only with his Lord!

And verily the Unbelievers will fail to win through!

4. Listen to Surah Rehman daily.

For more visit this link 

http://tibbenabawi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=93

In 2012 the national institute for health & care excellence (NICE) produced a guideline for the management of epilepsy..

here is the link: 

http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG137/NICEGuidance/pdf/English

Edited by Invoker

• Advanced Member

(salam)

First of all, know that Allah swt in his infinite mercy is giving you this test because it is good for you, as difficult and scary it seems, HE has chosen you to go thru it because you can bear it and good things will come out of it. Invoker gave very good prayers, just do what you can possibly do as a human ie: performing tests, go to doctor and taking care of yourself by taking meds on time, eating well, etc. I know it must fell bad to be drugged up with medications, but I'm glad you guys are looking for alternatives for doctors because I hate to see how some doctors just think that by giving lots of meds they are doing their job, but sometimes meds do help. Most importantly know that the cure is with Allah swt and with your faith and prayers everything will pass soon inshAllah!

You are in my prayers!

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Thank you everyone.

At first, when I was first diagnosed, I was angry. I stop praying and didn't care for halal and not halal foods. My faith was lost. I am not so angry anymore, but I still have questions. I wish I knew where I can find the answers.

Thank you everyone.

At first, when I was first diagnosed, I was angry. I stop praying and didn't care for halal and not halal foods. My faith was lost. I am not so angry anymore, but I still have questions. I wish I knew where I can find the answers.

Some questions are best left unanswered. This is your test in this world, & dont be sad because everyone in this world faces some serious problem which he/she wants to get rid of. But than there is a will of God which prevails & u cant do much abt it. Fight against this problem with full confidence that u will get rid of it. InshAllah u will triumph.

• Veteran Member

I felt sadness in me while reading your post. I pray for the betterment of your health and complete cure from your illness. Ayat al Kursi 11 times or as the brother recommended earlier should be of use to you. Recite it daily. Also there is great power in the recitation of all 99 names of Allah. You should meet someone knowledgeable who may recommend one of the names and number of times to recite in your situation (Sister Hameedeh knows!).

Above all somehow I feel there is room for amendment between yourself and God. You should work on that. Talk to Him because He surely listens. Complain like a creature, its like how a child complains to parents. Praise Him, insist that you need relief and complete cure. Do it all with purity of intention while being yourself and respectful and as if you are before the Creator with certainty of faith, just one night all alone while laying on your bed, you know, get it right and I don't see why your problem or any genuine problem for that matter won't get fixed. It has always worked for me and I was cured of general anxiety disorder that way. Just reestablish your inner heart to heart link with the Creator while being your self and exhaust all ways of begging that you can think of. 

• Advanced Member

I just read a book called, "The Last Luminary and Ways to Delve into the Light." There was a chapter that talked about seeking assistance from Imam Mahdi (as) to fulfil our needs and any difficulties that we have. 

--

One Salat: On either a Wednesday or Thursday night, one should go under the open sky with one’s head uncovered and perform a two Rak’at Salat. After the Salat, the following should be said 55 times:

“O’ Hujjatul Qa`im.”1

يَا حُجَّةُ الْقَائِمُ

--

One Du’a: This Du’a was taught by our twelfth Imam to a man who had been sent to prison. After reciting this short supplication, he was freed:

--

Letter to Imam Mahdi (Ariza): It is mentioned in the traditions that if a person has a legitimate desire, then he should write the following on a piece of paper and place it inside the grave of one of the A`immah.

If this is not possible, then he may seal it with pure mud and place it in a deep well, river or any other body of flowing water and it will reach to Imam Sahib al-Zaman (ajtf). The Imam himself has guaranteed that he will answer the requests of the person.

--

One ziyarat: Among the best rites of visitation that can be recited for the Imam to have our legitimate desires fulfilled (by the permission of Allah ) is the Ziyarat of Aale Yasin4 which has been recorded and preserved in many books of supplication and it is as follows:

-- 

One dhikr: When a person has a legitimate need that must be fulfilled, he should stand facing the Qiblah with his head uncovered, and say the following 570 times:

يَا حُجَّةُ الْقَائِمُ

“O’ Hujjatul Qa`im.”5

--

It may be possible that some of the lovers of the Imam may have other ways which they use to seek help and assistance from the Imam to fulfill their needs and requests.

For example, it is possible that a person has a need which he wants fulfilled and he conveys this to the Imam either in his dreams or even while awake in a state of Mukashifa (an awaken state in which one experiences the presence of the Divine or His appointed agents) with the answer coming directly from the Imam.

In addition, it is possible that a person verbally declares his desires and an answer comes from the Imam.

Also, it is possible that a person may write his requests to the Imam and keep it under his prayer rug and one will see his answer written on that paper.

In this regards, Imam ‘Ali b. Muhammad (as) has said: 

“When you wish to ask for something, then write it down (on paper) and place this writing underneath your prayer mat. Wait for an hour and then take the paper out and look at it.” The narrator said: “I did just this and I found the answer to what I has asked for with the signature of the Imam on it (the paper).”

http://www.al-islam.org/last-luminary-and-ways-delve-light-sayyid-ridha-husayni-mutlaq/responsibility-27-getting-spiritually

Edited by hersheyskisses

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) DreamCatcher,

Your story touched me deeply. You are in my prayers. May Allah te'ala heal your body and soul and fill you with health and light again, for the sake of Imam Sahibuz Zaman  (as).

I would follow the aforementioned du'as, reading Ayatul Kursi and asking the Imam (as) for intercession. 

God bless you and your loved ones and ease the burden, 

Amina