Sign in to follow this  
Marbles

Halal Prostitutes In Amsterdam

Rate this topic

Amsterdam red light district comes up with a business idea.

My question is, will those who support mutah with prostitutes have any problem with men who satisfy themselves in this manner?  Would the 'halal' sign be accepted like it is accepted for food?

I have not added the link to the webpage because it contains images of Amsterdam's red light district with girls showcasing themselves. Anyone who googles 'halal prostitutes' will find multiple sources to this story.

By Randy Robinson

In Amsterdam, however, a brothel called Hot Croissant now offers “halal prostitutes” for Muslim clients.

An oxymoron, you say? Bear with me.

Hot Croissant’s halal-friendly ladies of the night don’t drink, don’t do drugs, and they pray five times a day. But that can’t be all, right?

Right. The entire idea of halal prostitutes revolves around Nikah al-Mut’ah, roughly translated as “pleasure marriage.” The client signs a temporary marriage contract with the prostitute, which can last for as little as a couple of nights or a few hours. After the contract expires, the couple is no longer married to one another, and the “husband” must pay-out to the “wife” with a “dowry.”

Nikah al-Mut’ah comes from Shi’a Islam. Sunnis in general forbid it and consider the practice blasphemous.

Controversy aside, Sunni men, particularly from Saudi Arabia, have been known to purchase pleasure wives. Amsterdam, in fact, didn’t invent the business. Sunni-dominated Indonesia has a tourist industry centered on Mut’ah, and Shi’a-led Iran has its own in-house version of the sigeh.

The existence of Nikah al-Mut’ah begs two questions, one for Westerners and one for Middle Easterners.

For Westerners, what’s to stop, say, Christians (or any other faith or lack thereof) from instating a similar practice? After all, in the United States and throughout much of Western Europe, the divorce rate is roughly 50 percent. That means half of all marriages fail before one of the spouses dies. There are no laws in the U.S. or Europe governing how long a marriage must last, as was (in)famously demonstrated by Khloe Kardashian, whose celebrity marriage lasted a mere 72 hours.

Considering the recent trend of unsanctimonious marriage in the West, “prostitution” could easily, and legally, be replaced with a temporary marriage.

The issue is, you can't have Mutah with a prostitute. I know some people who are misguided say you can, but let's analyse this:

1. If you have Mutah you are doing it as it is allowed by Allah swt.

2. Mutah with a known fornicator is digusting and many do not allow it.

Therefore if you have Mutah with a prostitute , why do Mutah in the first place, your act is forbidden and harram anyway. The one that does it only fools themselves.

In addition, the woman must do Iddah surely? It must only be an ahle kitabi or muslim, there are conditions rights and obligations.

Iran supports Mutah with a prostitue ?

Marrying a Prostitute

Q: Is it permissible to do mut‘ah with a woman who commits zinā or with a prostitute?
A: It is reprehensible to marry a woman who commits zinā, especially if she is known to be a prostitute.

http://www.leader.ir/langs/en/

Grand Ayatullah Khamanei

I know i may not be answering your question, but i had to post this! :)

The people who try to own these 'halal'brothels' they will severely be dealt with, hopefully in this life and the next if God so wills.

Edited by Logical Islamic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Big hindrance would be the 'idda period (3 months) or else they are considered adulterers... So it's not really halal at all.

Q40) Can a Muslim do Muta with a prostitute in order to satisfy his physical needs?

A40) Marrying a woman who is known publicly as an adulterer is not permissible as a measure of precaution except after repentance (tawbah).

(wasalam) 

Watch the shia get the blame for this...oh and my comedic discipline is holding me back from cracking couple of jokes here.

We should set up a squad to counter such bad anti shia propaganda on sunni forums.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Big hindrance would be the 'idda period (3 months) or else they are considered adulterers... So it's not really halal at all.

Q40) Can a Muslim do Muta with a prostitute in order to satisfy his physical needs?

A40) Marrying a woman who is known publicly as an adulterer is not permissible as a measure of precaution except after repentance (tawbah).

(wasalam) 

What if she didn't tell you of her sexual history (therefore you didn't formally "know").  You can possibly assume her history - but it is an assumption. You don't know - and you are not to assume the worst in people.

What if she didn't tell you of her sexual history (therefore you didn't formally "know").  You can possibly assume her history - but it is an assumption. You don't know - and you are not to assume the worst in people.

Be careful, you don't want to open the gateway for masses.

A known Adulterer known for adultery, prostitutes are known adulterers known for adultery.

Someone would have to be pretty thick to not know if the women approaching them is a prostitute or not. it doesn't mean that unless a prostitute says "I am a prostitute" she is halal. besides I don't imagine they do that.

Be careful, you don't want to open the gateway for masses.

A known Adulterer known for adultery, prostitutes are known adulterers known for adultery.

Someone would have to be pretty thick to not know if the women approaching them is a prostitute or not. it doesn't mean that unless a prostitute says "I am a prostitute" she is halal. besides I don't imagine they do that.

There was a long thread on here - which I am far too lazy to search for - that discussed that issue - there were lots of ideas on it.

Well this can apply to any woman. You can marry a woman who has had intercourse and intimacy with a hundred individuals and lie to you to permanently marry(for whatever reason).

I think -in my view- if:

1. A woman is a part of these disgusting 'halal' brothels = she's a prostitute, do not marry her.

2. If you see a woman offering herself to you on the street

3. Word of mouth from just and reliable sources

Tbh, you can argue, how do you know the meat you eat is Halal? The guy at the shop says it is, but we can't be sure.

If she is doing this as a business, you know the following (not assume)

1. She is zaniya (an adultress) and famous for it. She doesn't care if she is in nikah or not, it is simply a business transaction.

2. She doesn't have her iddah, which is a requirement for the nikah. So the nikkah is null and void and what the guy is doing is simply zina, nothing else.

Some brothers say, 'well there is no iddah for zinah'. That is true but you are not allowed to marry a women who is doing zina, on a regular basis, as per fatawa stated above. All marjaa' that I know of have the same fatwa or some are even more strict than this.

Please look at this for what it is. It is simply a marketing gimic aimed at BNO (By name only) muslims who don't care much about their religion, in order to alleviate some of the guilt they feel about doing zina so that the establishments who employ these women can bring in more customers and more money. It's that simple. This has nothing to do with Islam or the temporary marriage.

BTW, in the city where I live, there are Night Clubs that advertise 'Halal Chicken Wings'. It's the same thing.

Anyone who has an ounce of taqwa or at least human dignity will stay far away from these places.

Also, may Allah(s.w.a) curse those people who associate the name of Islam and the institution of temporary marriage with these places.

Edited by Abu Hadi

It has been discussed before: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234930726-mutah-wth-a-prostitute/

Brother ali mohammad gave a reply, and it seems that scholars has allowed this:

(salam)

Smiley and Mommin:

The idea of Ijtihad is to have a person who knows how to derive the religious ruling from its sources derive it for you. Taqleed is to imitate when you can not derive the rule from its sources on your own.
Now you can not reject an existing scholarship unless you provide the alternative one and that means to be a mujtahid yourself, at least in that particular issue. Otherwise you have no choice but to imitate and you have no right to prohibit and legalize while admitting that you have no scholarship in that particular issue.
If you are mujtahids in this issue then I respect your opinions.

Now back to the verse above:
This verse is in no way giving a rule prohibiting the marriage to bad women. If this was truly a religious order and a rule then how did prophets Nooh and Loot both ended up with evil women?!!!!! Evil women for Good men!!!! This appears to contradict your ruling.
The same goes for Asyah and the Pharoah of Musa. She was one of the best women and yet she was for one of the most evil men in history!!!!! Again contradicting that general rule!!!

This same logic is used by the sunies to prove that Aisha was a very good woman because the prophet was a good man and only good women would be for a good man!!!.

Altahreem 10
10. Allah sets forth, for an example to the Unbelievers, the wife of Noah and the wife of Lut: They were (respectively) under two of Our righteous servants, but They were false to their (husbands), and They profited nothing before Allah on their account, but were told: "Enter ye the Fire along with (others) that enter!"

Altahreem 11
11. And Allah sets forth, As an example to those who believe the wife of Pharaoh: behold she said: "O My Lord! build for me, In nearness to thee, a mansion In the garden, and save me from Pharaoh and His doings, and save me from those that do wrong";

I think the verse you were looking for is this one:

Alnoor 3
3. The man guilty of adultery or fornication doesn’t marry except a woman similarly guilty of adultery or fornication or an Unbeliever: And the woman who is guilty of fornication or adultery is not married off by anyone except a man similarly guilty of adultery or fornication or an unbeliever: and that has been forbidden on the faithful. 

Even this verse which can appear to be a clear prohibition of marriage to anyone who has committed zina or committing zina is not taken in the fiqh as a prohibition order.
The end part where it says "and that is forbidden on the faithful" is said to be referring to the act of Zina not to the act of marriage to the fornicating person.
And the begining part saying " the man guilty of adultery or fornication doesn't marry except a woman sililarly......" is taken as an information rather than an order.
meaning a good man generally looks for a good woman and a good woman generally looks for a good man. (like the first verse that you quoted which sunnies use to prove that Aisha was good person because she was for the prophet)

They all agree that marrying a fornicating woman is allowed with undesirability if she hasn't repented. They disagree about prostitutes and the ones who are famous for zina, some scholars say its hallal with KARAHA (undesirability) and some others say its Haraam as a precaution , therefore none of the ones forbidding has given a definite fatwa but some of the ones legalizing have given a definite fatwa of permissibility (like Alkhoomainy and Mohamad Sayyed AlHakeem).

Even the sunnies say that its hallal to marry a fornicating woman before her repentance except the Hanbaly school of thought however the sunie scholars did not draw a clear distiction between the typical Fornicating woman and the famous for fornication (which includes the prostitutes)
This lack of distinction means its hallal as far as the people are concerned

I don’t have Ijtihad in this specific matter and I imitate in it so if you provide Your Ijtihad (Scholarship) forward then I have to consider it.

Now I will give you the ruling of the scholars which i attached below and are taken from the following references:
http://www.raoofonline.com/index.php?T=6&id=18

http://hozeh.tebyan.net/Html/estefta/shahr...D2%C7%E4%ED%C9:

http://www.almot3a.com/mot27.htm

I will translate the fatwas below in the pictures:

Tahreer alwaseela- Imam Khomainy
Question 18: It’s permissible to do mut3a with the fornicating women but its undesirable specially if she was from the prostitutes or the ones famous for fornication and if he did marry her then let him stop her from evil.

Minhaj Alsaleheen – Marja Alkhoie
Question 1262: The marriage to the fornicating woman is permissible but as a “Lozoom precaution” he must avoid the marriage to the woman that is Famous for Zina before her repentance is announced.

Minhaj alsaleheen – Alsistani 
Question 261: The temporary marriage to the fornicating woman is permissible with undesirability. Yes if she was famous for fornicating then as a “lozoom precaution” the mut3a to her must be avoided until her Repentance is announced.

Hydayat Al3ibaad – Alsaafi 
Question 1239: Its permissible to do mut3a with the fornicating woman with undesirability and if he did mut3a with her let him stop her from evil and as a “mustahab precaution” it should be avoided with the famous for zina woman until her repentance

Altabrizi:
As a “Mustahab Precaution” the mut3a to woman who is famous for fornication should be left.

Alahkam Alwadhiha- Lankarany: 
On an “obligatory precaution” the marriage to the famous for fornication should be left until after her repentance.

Ajwibat almasael alsharyah- Mohamad Alshirazi: 
Question 301: what is the rule for temporarily marrying the famous for zina ?
Answer: the common amongst the scholars is the Undesirability (which means permissibility)

Shahroodi: 
Question 214: What is the rule of Mut3a with the fornicating woman?
It is permissible specially after her repentance except if she was famous for Zina then there is talk about this, or if he previously committed the sin with her and she didn’t repent.

Minhaj Alsaleheen- Mohamad Saeed Alhakeem: 
Its permissible to marry the Fornicating woman even if she was famous for fornication. yes its undesired to marry her for the man who doesn't know of her repentance or if he orders her to stop the haraam and she doesnt care.

The Mustahab precaution means its not compulsory to take the precaution and therefore the action is permissible however the obligatory and the Lozoom precautions are compulsory precautions which means you have to take the opinion of another scholar who has given a definite fatwa in that issue or just take the precaution.

In Summury of this document, the Scholars who permit temporary marriage with a prostitute are:

1) Rohollah Alkhomainy

2)Alsafi

3)Altabrizi

4)Mohamad alshirazi

5)Mohamad Saeed alhakeem

The scholars who prohibit the marriage to a prostitute on a compulsory precaution are: 

1) Al Khoie

2) Al Sistani

3) Lankarany

How do we know she is an adultress for sure?? What if she contracted a mutah with a client and actually observed the iddah period before contracting the next one? Is she considered an adultress still?

So what is the difference between a woman who is involved in this sex business but observes iddah and contracts mutah before any kind of sexual encounter and a woman who is not involved in such a business but contracts serial mutahs left right and center while observing iddah in between each encounter?

Edited by hubbe_hussein110

Also note that the women - let's call them sex workers - supposed to pray five times a day? :wacko: (But to check if a girl prays regularly isn't one of the conditions for contracting mutah is it?) So does it mean they are going to employ Muslim girls to run this noxious business? And where would they find them? And since the concept of temporary marriage is a Shia concept, does it mean they will employ girls professing Shia madhab?

life is so much better without sex or with absolutely minimal sex , seriously, your mind becomes clearer, your more spiritual, your thinking gets deeper, you actually feel physically stronger, your more patient and tolerant, your more wise, you eat and sleep less, you learn quicker, your have better memory, you have more time to spare , you do less sin, your less interested in life etc and so on and so forth 

sex should be just for bearing children, otherwise avoided , it should NEVER be done for pleasure, because doing anything for pleasure results in difficulties for you, it is one of those divine laws in life 

if you want to seek pleasure, seek the greatest pleasures, the ones that dont run out and that give you the opposite effects tot he pleasures of the body , seek pleasures in prayer and worship those pleasures are the BEST pleasures and can last forever 

Edited by herenow477

^^If you can live like a monk then good for you.

Your post doesn't apply to 99.99% of the muslim population specially the part about how 'sex should be just for bearing children, otherwise avoided , it should NEVER be done for pleasure'. Even Islam doesn't teach us that.

How do we know she is an adultress for sure?? What if she contracted a mutah with a client and actually observed the iddah period before contracting the next one? Is she considered an adultress still?

So what is the difference between a woman who is involved in this sex business but observes iddah and contracts mutah before any kind of sexual encounter and a woman who is not involved in such a business but contracts serial mutahs left right and center while observing iddah in between each encounter?

If she observed the iddah plus the other conditions, then she is not a prostitute, from the Islamic perspective although maybe some societies would view her that way. 

The women who work in those places in Amsterdam are prostitutes because they sleep with men for money, and their priority is getting as much money as possible and not following the laws of Allah(s.w.a). So in that situation, you can say for sure they are not observing, at least the iddah, so marriage is null and void. I am 100% sure there is not one single one of these who waits two months between clients. I would bet my life on that. (the iddah for mutah is two monthly cycles). Marriage in Islam is a sacred institution meant to preserve, expand, and strengthen the spiritual bonds that hold our society together. It is not, I repeat, it is not a business transaction. Prostitution is not marriage, it is a business transaction only that lessens the humanity of both parties involved and cuts the bonds that hold society together. Two different things. 

These places are run by organized crime syndicates (the Italian and Russian mafia, and maybe some local groups also). These women are forced to sleep with as many men as possible in order to make money for these criminal organizations. So a 'customer' of these places, in addition to doing zina, they are 

1) Helping these criminal organizations stay in existence by funding them thru the 'mahr' cough cough, that almost none of it is kept by the women but goes to the crime bosses to help fund more crime. These women are most likely victims of human trafficking and are not employees but are actually slaves who are force to do this work.  

2) They are setting themselves up to be potential targets of blackmail in the future. It happens all the time that these criminals (whose only objective is squeezing as much money out of 'clients' as possible) will video record the 'transaction' and use this video in the future in order to extort more money from the 'client'. 

This is the reality and this is how it works. Only an extremely naive person would believe otherwise. In Islam, we are asked to use our aql. 

If my only two choice were to become a 'customer' of one of those places or be celibate, then I would be celibate, although this would be very difficult for me since I am a 'normal' guy. At the same time, in the real world, there is usually always more than two choices, but sometimes you have to put forward some effort and think outside the box to find the third and fourth, etc, choice. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

My question is, will those who support mutah with prostitutes have any problem with men who satisfy themselves in this manner?  

Is there anyone who supports muta' with prostitutes? I always thought that neither nikah nor muta'h is allowed with loose women?

Besides, I doubt if  muta'h as a business is allowed. 

In my understanding, a woman who indulges in muta'h as a trade is not a moral woman. 

Is there anyone who supports muta' with prostitutes? I always thought that neither nikah nor muta'h is allowed with loose women?

If no-one comes up supporting mutah with prostitutes, I think we can reasonably close the thread on the basis that the initial premise was a straw-man.

Besides, I doubt if  muta'h as a business is allowed. 

In my understanding, a woman who indulges in muta'h as a trade is not a moral woman. 

I'm too lazy to locate them but there have been plenty of discussions on SC in the past where some members have supported mutah with prostitutes on the condition that the woman promises to uphold the criteria, and have also produced rulings from scholars in support of their claims. That's not my view;  I'm only reporting.

The argument goes that by requiring a prostitute to follow the rules you are weaning her away from sin and into proper Islamic short-term marriage.

A woman who contracts mutah as a trade may not be a moral woman by normative standards but she is following the letter of the law and not doing anything haram. This business goes on in Iran where men are able to purchase sex after contracting mutah with women who do it for trade.

Although sometimes mutah is just a cover for prostitution and they don't follow its rules but what if a woman does follow the rules and uses mutah as a trade, then on what basis can we condemn her?

life is so much better without sex or with absolutely minimal sex , seriously, your mind becomes clearer, your more spiritual, your thinking gets deeper, you actually feel physically stronger, your more patient and tolerant, your more wise, you eat and sleep less, you learn quicker, your have better memory, you have more time to spare , you do less sin, your less interested in life etc and so on and so forth 

sex should be just for bearing children, otherwise avoided , it should NEVER be done for pleasure, because doing anything for pleasure results in difficulties for you, it is one of those divine laws in life 

if you want to seek pleasure, seek the greatest pleasures, the ones that dont run out and that give you the opposite effects tot he pleasures of the body , seek pleasures in prayer and worship those pleasures are the BEST pleasures and can last forever 

:no:

Edited by Nima

Although sometimes mutah is just a cover for prostitution and they don't follow its rules but what if a woman does follow the rules and uses mutah as a trade, then on what basis can we condemn her?

I don 't understand how if prostitution is not allowed in Islam, mut'a with a prostitute could be?

Can anyone please explain? Thanks 

What I do know is that our Holy Prophet did arrange for all prostitutes in Medina to get married.

And they did and lived happily and morally every after.

But this muta'h business is all very twisted.

In the sub-continent, for most Muslim boys, it is impossible to find a girl to talk to, let alone do muta'h with.

How lucky these Iranis are!

What puzzles me is how a woman can decide on muta'h with someone if she is supposed to be in proper hijab all the time.

My suggestion to all Muslim youth is that if you are going to Europe or the Western hemisphere, make sure you take a flight that does not stop at Amsterdam, the gay capital of the world and now the halal muta' capital of the world - also the home of that inveterate enemy of Islam - Geert Wilders. 

Edited by baqar