Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Agha-Shabbir-Abbas

Why I Did Not Attend This Years Umaa Convention

Rate this topic

Salaamu 'Alaykum,

I wrote a blogpost as to why I did not attend this years UMAA Convention, please read and share your comments and suggestions.

Link for the blogpost:

http://ahlulbaytblog.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/why-i-did-not-attend-this-years-umaa-convention/

JazakAllahu Khayran!

- Agha Shabbir Abbas

good article, but given the history of UMAA, I think - that organization is way beyond deserving any benefit of the doubt. In fact, they have proven through their repeated actions, beyond any reasonable, and any  even ounce or drop of doubt - that they will continue to indulge in politics that are pro-empire. 

(bismillah)

(salam)

Firstly, every organization has its problems. There is none that are perfect.

" In regards to ijma’ al-aimmah it is clear that very many of our scholars such as Sayyid ‘Ali Khamenei and Sayyid Hassan NasrAllah are much in favor of the current rule in Syria hence the notion of a “transitional government” is quite astounding"

I would disagree. I do not think that they are in favor of the current rule in Syria, at least not much. For them Bashar is the lesser of the two evils. Otherwise isn't Bashar holding elections for president? Also they held elections for parliament too.  I think we should define what "transitional government" means. 

“We call for an immediate ceasefire by all parties involved under the auspices of the United Nations, and the preparation for a transitional government that represents the will of the Syrian people.”

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/04/25/359996/iran-backs-presidential-vote-in-syria/

What is the difference? 

Maybe I am wrong. If you can please do clarify Brother. Thanks. 

ws

Great article brother, 

Besides the few, very vocal online personas that are on SC and other sites, I wouldn't just say the majority, but the vast majority of Shia Muslims in the U.S (from my experience in the community for the past 20 years) support the government of Bashar Assad and would not want to see a 'transitional government' because they know this would mean a Takfiri government. 

Why they support Bashar Assad, well this is where the differences are. Most see him as the lesser of two evils and there are some who outright support him. In any case, there is a large percentage of brother and sisters who are boycotting UMAA because of these positions they take which are not in any way representative of the community they claim to represent. I myself gave them the benefit of the doubt in 2003, and thought that maybe they made a mistake and they would see the backlash from the community and reform by changing the leadership and would get themselves more in line with the real stance of the Shia community in the U.S, which should be obvious to them. 

They haven't done this and continue to echo the talking points of the D.C elites rather than the Shia Muslim community. So I think you were right in not attending the conference and I don't think this organization will last long if they continue to take these sorts of positions which the vast majority of the community disagree with. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

The True Muslim and True Shia view is as follows, any other view besides this is an immoral view.

As Abu Hadi stated, Assad is lesser of two evils. He has taken bad actions. In no way is he ideal. But be is fighting Al Qaeda terrorists and fighting foreign backed plots to take over Syria for the benefit of the zionist regime, for the benefit of these foreign countries, to hurt Hezbollah and Iran.

This is bigger than Assad. It's about the Resistance.

The only solution is a legitimate election. Not a transitional government. Only an election where the Syrian people will decide.

I saw a picture that Ammar Nakshawani was at the UMAA conference also. Can this mean he is in on it? Is he against WF and is he for a transitional government?

Salaamu 'Alaykum,

I wrote a blogpost as to why I did not attend this years UMAA Convention, please read and share your comments and suggestions.

Link for the blogpost:

http://ahlulbaytblog.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/why-i-did-not-attend-this-years-umaa-convention/

JazakAllahu Khayran!

- Agha Shabbir Abbas

Good post, though I suggest changing name from " Rafidhi Shia" on there. I don't think such things should be acknowledged in such a manner

(bismillah)

(salam)

Firstly, every organization has its problems. There is none that are perfect.

" In regards to ijma’ al-aimmah it is clear that very many of our scholars such as Sayyid ‘Ali Khamenei and Sayyid Hassan NasrAllah are much in favor of the current rule in Syria hence the notion of a “transitional government” is quite astounding"

I would disagree. I do not think that they are in favor of the current rule in Syria, at least not much. For them Bashar is the lesser of the two evils. Otherwise isn't Bashar holding elections for president? Also they held elections for parliament too. I think we should define what "transitional government" means.

“We call for an immediate ceasefire by all parties involved under the auspices of the United Nations, and the preparation for a transitional government that represents the will of the Syrian people.”

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/04/25/359996/iran-backs-presidential-vote-in-syria/

What is the difference?

Maybe I am wrong. If you can please do clarify Brother. Thanks.

ws

A transitional government would be where the government is handed over to another group. It's anti democratic

Edited by Wisdom Lion

The True Muslim and True Shia view is as follows, any other view besides this is an immoral view.

As Abu Hadi stated, Assad is lesser of two evils. He has taken bad actions. In no way is he ideal. But be is fighting Al Qaeda terrorists and fighting foreign backed plots to take over Syria for the benefit of the zionist regime, for the benefit of these foreign countries, to hurt Hezbollah and Iran.

This is bigger than Assad. It's about the Resistance.

The only solution is a legitimate election. Not a transitional government. Only an election where the Syrian people will decide.

I saw a picture that Ammar Nakshawani was at the UMAA conference also. Can this mean he is in on it? Is he against WF and is he for a transitional government?

Good post, though I suggest changing name from " Rafidhi Shia" on there. I don't think such things should be acknowledged in such a manner

A transitional government would be where the government is handed over to another group. It's anti democratic

Oh ok yeah that is wrong. Agreed. I originally thought transitional meant an elected government by the people of syria without interference etc lol.

Thank you for clarifying :)

Al-Hamdillah, majority of the members on here do not idolize Bashar.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235014349-stop-idolizing-bashar-assad/

Yes, I can not condone the man in any way whatsoever. Nonetheless we must agree to disagree as a community, this partisanship by both UMAA and Muslim Congress is pitiful.