Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
-Fatima-

Death Of Imam Mahdi

Rate this topic

But what about the fact that the ahadith that concern rajah are numerous, exceeding 200 and reaching far beyond the levels of mutawatir.

Does this aspect not stand for something despite their alleged weaknesses in the sanads?

I have not said that raj`a is a fabricated concept, I have said that many details concerning it come from weak sources. Pretty much all of our theologians believed in raj`a. Historically, it has been part and parcel with Imami Shiism. Its tawatur gives it a strong case. But, we don't exactly know the raj`a narrative, and as Nader demonstrated above, this popular story of al-Qa'im (as) being killed by a woman and Imam al-Husayn (as) succeeding him does not even come from a hadith.

My view on raj`a has always been "we'll find out when we get there". If it occurs during or after the Mahdi's rule, then we should look to the Mahdi's rule and the signs of his coming. Once he's here, he can clarify the doctrine of raj`a for us.

In Awa'il al-Maqalat, Shaykh al-Mufid also presents an alternate understanding of raj`a, saying that it refers to the return of the rule of Ahl al-Bayt as opposed to bodily resurrection. He does not endorse this opinion, but he notes it and it is an accepted view in our school.

And remember, weak does not mean fabricated.

(salam)

But what about the fact that the ahadith that concern rajah are numerous, exceeding 200 and reaching far beyond the levels of mutawatir.
Does this aspect not stand for something despite their alleged weaknesses in the sanads?

I actually contend the notion that there are 200 narrations. If we focus just on books that are authentically handed down to us, the Raj`a narrations are only a handful. The 100s of narrations of Raj`a are from books that aren't authentically handed down, therefore, I don't believe you can use the 200 number. 

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

If we know the shape and genealogy of the woman who will allegedly kill the Imam (AJ), wouldn't they Imam know it? How can she kill him then?

Hard to tell shape if she wears a proper Hijab :)

But jokes aside, I bet Imam Ali also knew Ibn Muljam was gonna fall short and kill him, why didn't he stop him?

Hard to tell shape if she wears a proper Hijab :)

But jokes aside, I bet Imam Ali also knew Ibn Muljam was gonna fall short and kill him, why didn't he stop him?

His purpose and mission was fufilled. So I suppose that'll be the same case if this hadith is true.

(salam)

Ref to post 14 and following:

I read this past Spring, somewhere, that Ayesha and others use to speculate about Imam Mahdi. I do not remember the reliability of this -if given- but as Qa'im wrote, there is not a lot to go on.