Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Musa Al Khadhim

Rate this topic

6:162 Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds;

The Prophet peace be upon him had said "this life for a believer should be like a prison, and for the disbeliever freedom, and the next life for the believer will be freedom while for the disbeliever will be prison"

and today since it is the death anniversary for our Imam, we should realize how close we are to him, he should be that extra bit more understandable to us, more dear to us, in that his life was imprisoned and he was tortured and made to go through hardships and difficulties until his departure towards God

We too should identify with this, because truly if you are a believer you should identify hardship in your life and accept it with your hands wide open, we are also imprisoned in this life and under alot of pressure, we dont get what we want we dont get to do what we like, and there is truly a feel of imprisonment from all aspects in our lives, be it social, be it physical, be it mental, be it ideological, while we see the world around us do as it pleases claim what it wants and live how it likes

So hence this Imam is extra dear to us, we feel his pain every day, for our lives are also full of hardship and difficulties and imprisonment and abuse, we deal with its realities but there is one thing which comforts us as it comforted our Imam may peace and blessings be upon him

We do this all for God, we suffer for God, what we suffer and we tolerate the evil, we fight the evil of the world around us be it physical be it spiritual be it mental, we oppose all of this and resist this evil and do not give into it for the love of God and belief in God and we suffer for God whichever way we suffer and whatever ails us, be it poverty, be it sexual frustration(from the nude world we live in) or not being able to get married, be it social and be it the way we look and dress(especially the woman) , be it the restrictions we have to where we can eat or what we can eat or drinko r who we keep company, be it being socially an outcast because your a muslim and do not live the way they do or think or talk the way they do , who we can spend time with, be it the constant attacks in media that are against us, or the physical attacks against our brethren in the world(until we also feel this sting) and all of it all together one big rock of pressure under which we are imprisoned and squashed

Truly those who are believers in God will find all of teh pressures in life because this life favors the disbelievers, but we do welcome it, we dont complain and cry , we bear it and tolerate its discomofrts and even impose it upon ourselves when life offers us a way out(at the cost of our religion) hence this Imam should be extra dear to us as we oppose lust and desires and wants and oppose the mainstream lifestyle and their thoughts and ideologies and living styles and we conform and are in line with our Imam who was imprisoned so much of his life for the sake of God

The Imam was the embodiment of this ayah, which we also strive to live by and also force upon ourselves to be

6:162 Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds;

Edited by herenow477