Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mouradf

How Many Of You Actually Dont Listen To Music?

Rate this topic

Usually swearing on Quran for an indefinite period isn't such a good idea. Humans are weak and commit mistakes. A slightly better idea is to swear on Quran or Allah for a limited amount of time (initially a week or so) and then increase the amount of time as you progress. This way the transition would be somewhat smooth.

Its not a good idea to swear upon anything other than God Himself. 

How did you pull the earphones out of your eyes,loool....

The only time I pulled my headphones out is when I see someone reading the quran or listening to it. I get this feeling, I cant describe it but it's more on the fear side...

LOL! Thank you for correcting me, I didn't even notice. I meant to say pulled out of my ears. I mustn't of been paying attention :dry: 

And then Nusrat fateh ali khan talks about being captivated by "gorgeous eyes" and getting drunk over something. xD

But then 'Aafreen' is not a qawwali is it

I havent listened to music or amusement for 3 years. But music is played everywhere in our suroundings which we cant stop from getting into our years. However i try best to ignore that...and spend my time listening to islamic nasheed and manqabats.

But then 'Aafreen' is not a qawwali is it

Qawwali is played on gatherings right, so shouldn't that make it haram according to the ruling?

Qawwali is played on gatherings right, so shouldn't that make it haram according to the ruling?

No. Gatherings per se isn't the problem. The problem is when gatherings are assembled for purposes of drinking and dancing saturnalias.

I used to listen to music everyday, especially while doing house chores or homework.... one day I read a hadith .." Music is the gateway to fornication" --I can't explain the jolt these few words gave me. I vowed never to listen to music and its been 13 years now, i havent heard a single song, Alhamdulillah...

yes, I do listen to some music in the backgrounds of some programs or ads, but it can be referred to as 'hearing' not 'listening to'..... if you have traveled in a local public transport in Pakistan, than u can't avoid ear-splitting, nerve-shattering  music... :D

If you had the choice between music and quran: What would you choose?

If you choose music over Quran then you have to defend your sad position on the Day of Judgement.

if you choose Quran over music then you have to await your great position on the Day of Judgement (taking in consideration that you are a good muslim).

you can choose... 

Precisely.

When exposed to music our bodies respond favourably to it. But IMHO there is no a priori impulse to consume it, the same applies to recreational drugs.

The OP was asking about the practicality of not listening and IMHO it's relatively easy.

As you shrewdly observe, for the believer who is inclined to appreciate the beauty in aspects of music such as rhythm, there is enough Islamic liturgical material.

Being a true believer sounds like a painful lifestyle. Abstaining from everything, no music, no nothing. Just lost in religion. 

Being a true believer sounds like a painful lifestyle. Abstaining from everything, no music, no nothing. Just lost in religion.

Yep being a true believer is realizing the truth, that this life is nothing more than a test. And the real life is the life of hereafter. Once you realize this useless things mean nothing. Only do what God would want you to do.

Music has never really interested me.  The only time I listen to it is when someone else is playing it near me, or when it playing in a store that I'm in.  But even then it is mostly just background noise to me.