Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah Vs The Sahaabah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

SHAYKH IBN TAYMIYYAH VS THE SAHAABAH AND TABI'IN:

-------------------------------------------------

In the Name of Allah (s.w.t), The Benificient, Ever-Merciful, and May the Best Blessings be upon Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) and Pure Family -

Assalamoo 'Alaykoom wa Rahmatu Allahee (s.w.t), wa Barakatuhu -

al-Shaykh ibn Taymiyyaah stated that a lot of the Sahabaah were in fact Nasibees', and that Imam Alee (a.s) was very much hated among the Sahaabah'.

WHAT SHAYKH IBN TAYMIYAAH SAID - The fourth issue is that Allāh had informed him (the Prophet) that He would create love for those who believe and do righteous deeds. This promise from Him was true, and it is well-known that Allāh has created love for the Sahābah in the heart of every Muslim, especially the Khalīfahs, may Allāh be pleased with them, especially Abū Bakr and ‘Umar. This is because the generality of the Sahābah and Tābi’īn loved both of them (i.e. Abū Bakr and ‘Umar), and these were the best of generations. This was not the case for ‘Alī. This is because the A LOT OF of the Sahābah and Tābi’īn HATED, CURSED and FOUGHT him.

Reference:-

Abū al-‘Abbās Ahmad b. ‘Abd al-Halīm b. Taymiyyah al-Harrānī, Minhāj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah (Muasassat al-Qurtbah; 1st edition, 1406 H) [annotator: Dr. Muhammad Rashād Sālim], vol. 7, p. 137-138

I want to ask my Sunnee' brothers, isn't it narrated in Saheeh' Muslim that only a believer loves Imam Alee (a.s) and only a hypocrite hates him?

WHAT IMAM ALEE (A.S) SAID ACCORDING TO IMAM MUSLIM -Narrated ‘Ali: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, verily the al-Ummī Prophet (i.e. Muhammad), peace be upon him, gave me a covenant that NONE loves me except a believer and NONE hates me except a hypocrite.

Abū al-Husayn Muslim b. al-Hajjāj al-Naysābūrī al- al-Qushayrī, Sahīh (Beirut: Dār Ihyā al-Turāth al-‘Arabī) [annotator: Muhammad Fuād ‘Abd al-Bāqī], vol. 1, p. 86, # 78

The Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w), also, acccording to Shaykh al-Albanee', said that whomever hates Imam Alee' (a.s), it is like hating him, and whoever hates him, verily, he hates The Almighty (s.w.t).

WHAT THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (S.A.W.W) SAID ACCORDING TO SHAYKH AL-ALBANEE - Whosoever loves ‘Alī verily loves me, and whosoever loves me verily loves Allāh the Almighty. WHOSOEVER hates ‘Alī verily hates me, and WHOSOEVER hates me verily hates Allāh the Almighty. (Sahīh)

Muhammad Nāsir al-Dīn al-Albānī, al-Silsilah al-Ahādīth al-Sahīhah (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ma’ārif), vol. 3, p. 288, # 1299

Credits to brother Toyyib'.

Edited by DaBeast313
  • Advanced Member

Why even bother to read their logic bending justifications for every major breach of prophetic orders. Although it will probably be a nice read for laughs how Allah infused love in the hearts of the sahabas for the Two, and how in the words of ibn taymiyah "a lot of" this elite bunch hated, fought and cursed Ali (a), and so by extension Allah (swt) himself.