Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Firuzeh18

Wisdom Tooth

Rate this topic

Salam everyone,

I hope you are well. Basically my wisdom tooth is coming out and its paining really bad. The problem is that I have work today till 6pm, how can I reduce the pain of it; till I visit a dentist. I think the gum is swollen. Any ideas are appreciated.

Ma'salam

I feel your pain, I was in agony for three days as my wisdom tooth was completely infected.

By agony I mean I didn't sleep/eat, words can't describe the agony.

Anyways yours won't be as bad, it'll be mild at best, this is a great forum, and pretty active, search for tooth ache:

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/

Painkillers would help especially iborphen, also clove oil works like magic, it has a very strong smell but is well worth it over any pain killer.

Also salt/warm water gargle would do you good.

I suffered recently so I know a lot, keep us posted.

Ibuprofen and ice cream.  Ibuprofen is both a pain killer and an anti-inflammatory, which is good if you have inflammation around the tooth.  Assuming you're an average sized adult without any liver or kidney issues, take 600mg ibuprofen every 6-8 hours.   Ice cream is just cold and should help numb it. 

Don't take aspirin.  Aspirin prevents blood from clotting - so your dentist will probably have you wait 7 days after your last aspirin before he pulls the teeth.  Or you'll just bleed a whole lot when he does.

Tylenol (acetaminophen/paracetamol) will also work.  But don't take both ibuprofen and tylenol.

Thank very one for your suggestions. The pain is alhamdullilah is bearable, but I can bearly eat. I have been taking medicine and inshallah I'll visit the dentist tonight.

What? Doesnt that happen at age 10?

No it happens at a later stage between the age of 16-25

is it true that wisdom teeth is based on your wisdom, the wiser you get the more teeth? I know this sounds stupid but give me a serious answer.

I have 29 teeth btw, all grown, didn't have a single problem with new teeths, perfect health.