Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2631472/NHS-sex-change-drugs-nine-year-olds-Clinic-accused-playing-God-treatment-stops-puberty.html

Seriously, what implication will this have on society? How are 9 year olds mature enough to choose what they want? One minute they want ice cream and the next they want crisps. Can 9 year olds even comprehend what's happening? Their bodies haven't developed, they haven't experienced life really, how does clothing preference determine what sex they should be? You've got to be 16 to 18 to get married in most parts of the world!

This is so bizarre.. Thoughts anyone?

The doctor behind the trials looks like she could be a 'transgender'

article-2631472-1DF3939D00000578-683_634

It's all quite disturbing, this is a video, although it is a memory video shown on al-Arabiya, it wouldn't surprise me if it is 90% true.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

It's all quite disturbing, this is a video, although it is a memory video shown on al-Arabiya, it wouldn't surprise me if it is 90% true.

omg i remember watching this back a few years ago, i thought I had dreamt it because when i tried telling others they out right denied such a thing happened and told me it was not true!

Sex change operations are not performed until late teens. What the doctors do is to give hormones that delay puberty until the child is old enough to decide if he/she wants to change the gender. It seems quite a logical thing to do.

Here is a TED video on this issue: 

http://www.ted.com/talks/norman_spack_how_i_help_transgender_teens_become_who_they_want_to_be

Edited by sayedzeeshan

(salam)

Ali-Hussein: the first "sex change" operation was in the 1950s (I remember and what ever "its" name was was in a published picture with Yul Brenner, an actor, in Paris).

P.S. found it. It was Christine Jorgenson in 1952 (I guessed it was later in the 50s)

Emperoress of Procrastination: (like your avatar) Children mouth what they see around them to get attention.

Edited by hasanhh

Okay...saying the lady looks transgender is a bit mean if she is not.  Come on.

The up-side of sex changes before puberty is that they are more successful (they look more like the gender they want to be).  A good example is the German pop star Kim Petras.  Anyways, I thought Ayatollah Khomeini was in favor of sex changes.  I am not sure how I feel about it in general, to be honest.

Sex change operations are not performed until late teens. What the doctors do is to give hormones that delay puberty until the child is old enough to decide if he/she wants to change the gender. It seems quite a logical thing to do.

Here is a TED video on this issue: 

http://www.ted.com/talks/norman_spack_how_i_help_transgender_teens_become_who_they_want_to_be

What kind of logical argument can a child really make that would convince someone that he or she should be the other sex? Children barely start to differentiate between genders around that age so i don't think a child is capable of 'feeling trapped' in their body .. This is choice, not due to a medical necessity the child might have. So many girls don't like being girls especially in Muslim societies at that age because they strongly feel men or boys have it easier. But they grow up to be happy women. I just think 9 is toooo young to put a child on any medication to alter the natural puberty process. A child that young probably just needs some counselling.

What kind of logical argument can a child really make that would convince someone that he or she should be the other sex? Children barely start to differentiate between genders around that age so i don't think a child is capable of 'feeling trapped' in their body .. This is choice, not due to a medical necessity the child might have. So many girls don't like being girls especially in Muslim societies at that age because they strongly feel men or boys have it easier. But they grow up to be happy women. I just think 9 is toooo young to put a child on any medication to alter the natural puberty process. A child that young probably just needs some counselling.

Just go through the video I posted you will get all your answers, hopefully. 

This is a really bad idea. Messing around with the developmental endocrine system of a pre-pubescent child is bizarre. Also, our sex hormones are part of a much larger endocrine system that operates on a fragile balance of operants – which when thrown out of whack can create much bigger problems and impact other metabolic systems.   A trial period of two to three years will not expose potential long-term side effects. Sounds to me like researchers are more interested in promoting their research than the health of their patient. 

Guys please dont insult our Prophet pbuh and saying he married a girl 9/10 years old.

Can you guys imagine people seeing a man holding his hand with a 9 year old girl, and accepting him as a prophet?

God knows best!

Guys please dont insult our Prophet pbuh and saying he married a girl 9/10 years old.

Can you guys imagine people seeing a man holding his hand with a 9 year old girl, and accepting him as a prophet?

God knows best!