Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Effects Of End Times On Our Social Life.

Rate this topic

Is it just me or has anyone else feeling this way as well?

- Marriage has become really hard for me, and Zina has become really easy. I've looked around for marriages, spent money, told parents, done everything, found potential mutah but in the end its probably all a failure, on the other hand, I asked a girl out and it was extremely easy and she said yes, but I called it off later so we are just friends (thank god).

- At gatherings, the only subjects that's are interesting to most people there are back biting, or laughing at other people. try asking a serious question and you seem like a mood killer. Don't encourage back biting by not laughing and you are seen as boring. Sit among the young and all they talk about is sex, women, laugh at each other by calling each other names, animals, or hit each other.

- when we have guests or we are guests at someone else home, most people who sit there, are sitting from evening to midnight, I get up to pray and they all look ashamed but they don't get up, when I get up to pray it feels like as if I'm not supposed to, although they can't tell me not to pray they still go silent and stare with the corner of their eye.

It's like as if everything has turned upside down. I used to get called a loser at school because I didn't flirt with girls and didn't have a girl friend. I still don't know how to flirt, usually I help them if they need it and run.

Recently I saw something very disturbing, it was a Muslim girl in an extreme Islamic outfit making out with another Muslim guy in a very busy public area, they are both at my uni and I know they are not halal for each other. I felt like punching them both.

I tried fasting to keep lust off and it still didn't work, everyone is wearing clothing that is revealing, the whole point of clothing is to cover oneself but the clothing today hides the bad bits and makes attractive the good bits, to be honest women would look less attractive naked then in some of the clothing they wear. this is because if they were naked, everything would hang and look sloppy but the clothing makes those parts look 'full of life'.

these are just some of the things I can remember and explain, share your experience. I live in the UK btw, where all non-muslim women are on a mission to look seducing.

And give some advice to help me cope.

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

(salam) Akhi,

I've definitely seen this and experience it daily as well (living in the U.S. anyway), many Muslims don't seem to know what constitutes back biting and believe they aren't back biting if what you say of another person from behind could also be said in front of them. I've also seen instances of some who would back bite toward certain people but refrain from others... Whatever that means.

You'll just have to keep busy and hope for the best in finding someone who doesn't talk about derogatory or obscene subjects, yes it's difficult but possible. If not, you could always hang back like me and enjoy the solitude. :D

(wasalam)

Is it just me or has anyone else feeling this way as well?

- Marriage has become really hard for me, and Zina has become really easy. I've looked around for marriages, spent money, told parents, done everything, found potential mutah but in the end its probably all a failure, on the other hand, I asked a girl out and it was extremely easy and she said yes, but I called it off later so we are just friends (thank god).

- At gatherings, the only subjects that's are interesting to most people there are back biting, or laughing at other people. try asking a serious question and you seem like a mood killer. Don't encourage back biting by not laughing and you are seen as boring. Sit among the young and all they talk about is sex, women, laugh at each other by calling each other names, animals, or hit each other.

- when we have guests or we are guests at someone else home, most people who sit there, are sitting from evening to midnight, I get up to pray and they all look ashamed but they don't get up, when I get up to pray it feels like as if I'm not supposed to, although they can't tell me not to pray they still go silent and stare with the corner of their eye.

It's like as if everything has turned upside down. I used to get called a loser at school because I didn't flirt with girls and didn't have a girl friend. I still don't know how to flirt, usually I help them if they need it and run.

Recently I saw something very disturbing, it was a Muslim girl in an extreme Islamic outfit making out with another Muslim guy in a very busy public area, they are both at my uni and I know they are not halal for each other. I felt like punching them both.

I tried fasting to keep lust off and it still didn't work, everyone is wearing clothing that is revealing, the whole point of clothing is to cover oneself but the clothing today hides the bad bits and makes attractive the good bits, to be honest women would look less attractive naked then in some of the clothing they wear. this is because if they were naked, everything would hang and look sloppy but the clothing makes those parts look 'full of life'.

these are just some of the things I can remember and explain, share your experience. I live in the UK btw, where all non-muslim women are on a mission to look seducing.

And give some advice to help me cope.

everything you said is true, but the way you describe the woman i think it shows you stare too long , and hence where your problem lies 

if you want fasting to work for you your going to have to replace one pain for another, and that is when you break your fast eat very very very little, maybe a spoonful only and the hunger will strip your thought of anything but food , you will be so hungry that you wil forget women, but it has to be genuine hunger not wants 

but anyway you dont have to fast you just need to learn to lower your gaze, as i said teh way you describe the woman in their clothes shows that you are looking waaaaaay too longer than you should be, that you notice such details as you described 

Edited by herenow477

everything you said is true, but the way you describe the woman i think it shows you stare too long , and hence where your problem lies 

if you want fasting to work for you your going to have to replace one pain for another, and that is when you break your fast eat very very very little, maybe a spoonful only and the hunger will strip your thought of anything but food , you will be so hungry that you wil forget women, but it has to be genuine hunger not wants 

but anyway you dont have to fast you just need to learn to lower your gaze, as i said teh way you describe the woman in their clothes shows that you are looking waaaaaay too longer than you should be, that you notice such details as you described 

Well I go to uni and 80% of students are young female, I have to talk to them, so its hard to look at the floor and talk. and I don't stare too long, I just mind my own business, they are the ones walking in front of my view, as soon as I look up there's someone like that. I also have a good eye, I notice things much quicker than everyone else, its a gift. :shifty:

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

I am more worried about people becoming so mean. They have all these shows on tv about zombies and honestly most people look like zombies to me. I don't like going to the stores because I hate seeing people fighting with each other. I fear that one day these people will go on killing spree and start killing people. This is also apparent by the movies that we see. I watched heat, it was not funny at all, but it was so popular.

Edited by Mokhtar2012

(bismillah)

(salam)

Well, I live in Switzerland, and here we have magazines that instruct you how to have an illicit affair and how to prevent your wife/husband from finding out.

At about ten in the evening, suddenly you have all that naked, moaning women on the screen advertising sex TV channels or phone numbers you can call to chat about sex...

We are daily bombarded by American movies and series, which no one watches if they are not full of explicit sex and violence...

I see young girls, maybe 12 or 13, walking around and gathering in public places late in the evening, dressed like Paris Hilton, their faces covered with make-up, and with the inevitable cigarette in the hand...

Where are their parents? Where are their families? Why are their churches empty and the bars and night clubs crowded with young people?

And the worst thing is, many of those boys and girls are the second-generation Muslims, children of the Muslim immigrants, but the only thing that is left of their Islam are their names... 

So Sami II, WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE KOALAS AND KANGAROOS? :cry:  

Amina

What you describe is going on all over to one degree or another... even if it looks better in the  middle east, it is just more private. it's a sign of the end of times that things just keep getting worse and worse.

The people are a problem and i am completely alone and that's a headache too.

It's really hard to be alone but it is better than being around people who have forgotten Allah

What you describe is going on all over to one degree or another... even if it looks better in the  middle east, it is just more private. it's a sign of the end of times that things just keep getting worse and worse.

The people are a problem and i am completely alone and that's a headache too.

It's really hard to be alone but it is better than being around people who have forgotten Allah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Well, I already live as a hermit for years now, but I do not deny that it is sometimes difficult and that I long for human company...

Presumably that is why I spend so much time in Shiachat... :mellow:

Kindest regards,

Amina

(bismillah)

(salam) brothers and sisters

I have also had same feelings and experience. For example I want to get married and to make my story short I will give you my findings. It is extremely difficult to find shia girls who's accepting a shia man for marriage, because they are too demanding. Sunni girls on the other hand seems to be more open but sometimes they can be difficult too, but usually in arab countries girls are satisfied for simple things. In western countries arabs are too demanding, you have to have high education, lots of money, be at work and etc.

Of course man's duties is to support his family by providing livelihood, care, love, teaching islam and other things. I have been searching for many years now and still not found any :(. What comes to those matrimonial sites, they are really joke or this is what I have been experiencing. 

- Marriage has become really hard for me, and Zina has become really easy.

You are very right about that. I am sure there are equal number of men and women in the world and there are many unmarried men. But sometimes, I feel like there was only one man left and I married him. I am supposed to share him with so many.

Salam,

Zina and backbiting is always in the dunya,and it will never end. What you described is found everywhere, dont think that people that are in the east arint doing the same or seeing the same views... Wether their seeing it on the interent or not it preety much the same thing.... Some people at uni do wear islamic clothing and hug and check out people. Time has changed,less people have respect for themselfs. Some might be in halal relationships but some are not,their not even aware of whats halal or what can halal their relationship.

It seems like some people cant funcation without being in a relationship... Their are some girls that jump from one relationship to another,thinking it's cool... I never understood the people that gave their number so fast,to a stranger...

People dont like hearing the truth,even if you ask a serious question,not everyone will answer it and people might avoid it because their scared of facing realty.

I wish I can fly,so that I can stay in the sky...

I truely understand you. 

I face problems myself, and even my beard may  be ridiculed by pepole (a person said that I should shave it). 

If you have a serious lust, then you have to do mutah. Find a girl, ask her, and see what she replies. Your lust can lead you to zinah or something haram. 

Edited by Ali-F

I see all of what you guys mentioned as well and it breaks my heart day by day to see how corrupt and twisted our societies are becoming. I found an article yesterday that truly shocked me about "10 reasons why it's totally fine to never get married" IT TRULY SHOCKS ME to read what some people actually think of marriage, if you wanna get shocked you can read the non-sense here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14/reasons-not-to-get-married_n_5274911.html

In short, some people think that marriage is an OUTDATED INSTITUTION and that being in a civil union is WAY BETTER............Who can tell me what is the difference between a marriage and living together under the same roof and have a family and they call it civil union? Anyway those things truly make me mad, I can't stand how society is shifting into ridiculous mentalities and how they are deviating from human nature, it makes me as mad as the people that try to convince society that being gay is NORMAL. I respect everybody but please don't come try wash my brain telling me that NOW natural things like marriage and being straight are becoming outdated and that otherwise is normal.

Anyway goodluck to you all inshAllah in finding a good spouse.