Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.InshAllah.

So You Think You Are Strong?

Rate this topic

with proper training and technique its actually not as difficult as it seems, even at that age. Although still impressive. I doubt that the old man is on steroids - Ronnie Coleman on the other hand... well that one is a no brainer.

Also just a question .. where did it say it was 220kg?

This is in texas - in the u.s the weights are done in pounds not kilos - those look like 2 x 45 pound plates on each side  with the bar (standard is 45 pounds) should be - 225 pounds.

About 100 kilos.

I've known gymnasts, who are relatively small in size but are pound by pound all strength, lift double, and some even triple their bodyweight. I honestly see bodyweight more functional that normal training. In gymnastics, Ronnie's strength is normal. 

But as Al-Mufeed said, this is achievable.

I've known gymnasts, who are relatively small in size but are pound by pound all strength, lift double, and some even triple their bodyweight. I honestly see bodyweight more functional that normal training. In gymnastics, Ronnie's strength is normal.

Your statement isnt correct because there is a plataue. If a gymnist weighs like 130 or so pounds, lifing double or even tripple their body weight is very doable - although impressive. However that means that they are lifting under 400 pounds of weight. The human body can only lift so much - even if you start getting physically  heavier. A guy who is 250 pounds - even if its 100% muscle - would have a really really difficult time lifting 750 pounds, if he did it would be most impressive - that would be world class actually.

For example the world record for the Clean and Jerk was set by Rezazadeh at 263 KG, RezaZadeh probably weighs around 150 kilos. The weight is less than even double his body weight - but this is the current world record, and people lighter/heavier than him who train for lifting weights their entire life can not beat this.

Ive seen videos of ronnie coleman deadlifting 800 pounds, which is very impressive at any body weight, and that is an elite - world class level deadlift. Granted he is on steroids, but probably 99.9% of strength athlets are on steroids.

That is total bs, that dont weight 220kg lmfao, if u believe it does.

Maybe 100 kg.

or 220 lbs.

Btw ronnie is full of steroids and hgh, just look at his guts.

The old man didnt lift 220 kg..........