Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Was The Protector Of All The Prophets?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

I would like to give my opinions until this gets verified:

Very fishy video. The "scholar" clearly wasnt Persian (his accent), nor do Persians (in Iran SPECIFICALLY) in gatherings clap like that at random excitement moments. They start with Allahuakbar and salawats. Plus they dont wave their hands like they are in a football game. This dude, I have never seen/heard of, and I know many Persian scholars. The story seems fishy as well. Kinda feels like this was a set up video. Imam Ali A.S being with each prophet while he wasnt even born yet doesnt really make sense, if the scholar is talking about it literally. Also from the quran it is clear, satan cannot touch the perfect servants of Allah ie Prophets. Maybe we could get some more info on this scholar? The youtube  channel seems sincere, but maybe he fell for the trap and translated this video, IF it truly is a fake.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Allah swt was the protector of all the prophets pbuh, not Ali a.s

Who heard the cry of Yakub pbuh when he lost his on Yusuf - Allah swt or Ali a.s ?

Who was with Jonah pbuh in the belly of the whale - Allah swt or Ali a.s?

Who rescued Nuh and his people from the flood - Allah swt or Ali a.s?

In the ENTIRE Quran if this claim is true, not ONCE we hear a single prophet mention Ali a.s as the helper, it is ALWAYS Allah swt. Sigh, may Allah swt hasten the reapprance of Imam Mahdi a.s, he is truly needed...

Imam Ali a.s said: "Two kinds of people will be damned on my account. Those who form exaggerated opinions about me, and those who under-estimate me because they hate me"

Nahjul Balaga, saying 116

"Do not call onto any beings other than Allah. These are capable of neither benefiti nor harm. To do so is therefore guilty of wrongdoing. When Allah inverts you with an affliction, none can remove it except Him." [Al-Qur'an 10:106-107]

QURAN: He (YAKUB) said, "I only complain of my suffering and my grief to Allah , and I know from Allah that which you do not know.

You are looking at it way too simply. Was it Allah or Ali that fought the enemies at uhud? Was it Allah or Ali that slept in the prophets bed while he migrated to medina?

Allah uses tools for everything he does, as he used Ali as the protector of the prophet. 

Your mention of the Quran is also invalid, where in Quran is Ali mentioned at all? Does that mean that he wasn't the protector of the Prophet his entire life?

And finally, i think you misunderstood the sheikhs point. He never said the prophets noticed Ali being there, he said the Jinns saw him. 

Now, to be clear, i don't know if the sheikh is right or wrong in his clams, but your attempt to disprove him wasn't very good. 

That being said, i have heard that there are Hadith that mention similar traits to Imam Ali as the sheikh is saying, how valid they are is not in my knowledge. 

• Advanced Member

A wr wb

Actually,it is like this.Allah saved them all through the immence shower of mercy towards them by sending and previously promising and informing to send the last Nabi s.a.w.s and Ali a.s and finally Imam Mehdi a.s

Whenever the Prophets felt tired and cried and felt remorse over their inability to completely eradicate evil and felt helpless when oppressed, they were promised support ,increased responsibility and a friend as well as a guardian who takes revenge on their behalf,spreads a better religion all over the world and thus lift the burden and sadness off them and make their souls happy.They were promised that he the last Nabi s.a.w.s would lead them in prayer and this is fullfilled.

You are looking at it way too simply. Was it Allah or Ali that fought the enemies at uhud? Was it Allah or Ali that slept in the prophets bed while he migrated to medina?

Allah uses tools for everything he does, as he used Ali as the protector of the prophet. 

Your mention of the Quran is also invalid, where in Quran is Ali mentioned at all? Does that mean that he wasn't the protector of the Prophet his entire life?

And finally, i think you misunderstood the sheikhs point. He never said the prophets noticed Ali being there, he said the Jinns saw him. 

Now, to be clear, i don't know if the sheikh is right or wrong in his clams, but your attempt to disprove him wasn't very good. 

That being said, i have heard that there are Hadith that mention similar traits to Imam Ali as the sheikh is saying, how valid they are is not in my knowledge. 

Salamunalykum,

I think it's important to seperate two different realities - one is te corporeal reality, the one you and i are in, the realm of cause and effect. When Muhammed pbuh asked Ali a.s for help - say in battle or if he asked Bilal r.a for help in reciting the Adhan, or if he asked any of his other companions for help in war, that kind of 'help' is corporeal.

Then there is the help you get from supplication.  When he was with the cave with Abubakr, he never once said Ya Ali madad. Imam Ali a.s was sleeping in his bed, but when he feared he would be attacked, it was infact the spiders who protected him by spinning a web. But who did Muhammed pbuh call help to? It was only Allah swt "Allah is with Us" - Quran.

Therefore we can have many corporeal 'protectors' but in supplication it is only Allah swt who is the one we must turn to help to. He can cause an angel to help us, a spider to build a web and thus make our enemy think we did not enter a cave - like for Muhammed pbuh, he can make a whale swallow us and save us from drowning, but we should not ask a spider, or a human or a whale for help, we must ultimately supplicate only to Alla swt.

With regards to Ali a.s being the protector of all prophets pbuh, there is no shred of evidence for this in my view, it was Allah swt who was the protector. When someone says it was Ali a.s they make Ali into someone who is all-present, through time, in all places, protecting all prophets pbuh - similarly to people today saying Ya Ali madad , they make Ali a.s omnipresent, powerful, all hearing - but add the clause ' these powers are given to him by Allah swt'

is it jahiliyya to believe that angels can protect you? Shirk?

It is jahiliyah to call upon an angel to grant your dua and protect you at all points of your life. Pray to Allah swt and let him decide whether to help you with an angel, a spider, a whale, or an angel.

• 5 years later...
  • Basic Members

Why don't you all have forgotten about the waseela it is of course Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) helping but we call mola Ali (عليه السلام) as waseela just as for example you ask someone for help to lend some money this was made waseela by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We say iyyaka nabudu was iyaaka nastaeen. And who tell the right path of sirat mustaqeen none other than mola Ali (عليه السلام)

Guest Light

Answer is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى),..

وَمَا يَعْلَمُ جُنُودَ رَبِّكَ إِلَّا هُوَ

"And none can comprehend thy Sustainers forces save Him alone"

Just want to remind here that Ali (عليه السلام) is among the "junood" of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Shah e Mardan, Sher e Yazdan, Quwat e Parwardigar

Lafata illa Ali, La saif illa zulfiqaar

• Basic Members
On 5/13/2014 at 11:52 PM, .equilibrium. said:

A certain level of imaan and yaqeen is required to believe in the hidden traits and excellent merits of Ahlul Bayt, which isnt a hot commodity among Shias these days.

Actually its quite the opposite, if you only rely on the reports that are reliable and give yaqeen you will end up with the pure Islam of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

But if you prefer to resort to dhan / asumption you will end up accepting things the likes of the video shared.

May Allah guide us all.