Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lordofgemini

Whales Abd Stuff!

Rate this topic

They are many Hadith related to this so we can't simply reject the idea.

Here are some

Then he saww said: `This earth with what is upon it, compared to that which is below it,

it like a ring thrown in the desert, and these two with what is within them and what is

upon them, compared to what is beneath them is like a ring thrown in the desert, and

the third one, until it ends with the seventh'. And he saww recited this Verse: "[65:12]

Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number" .

The seven earths (firmaments) along with all that is contained within it and what is on

it are upon the back of the rooster, like a ring thrown in the desert. And the rooster

has two wings to it ­ a wing in the east and a wing in the west, and its legs are on

the fringes of it, and the seven (firmaments) and the rooster and all that is contained

with these and whatever is on it, are upon a rock, like a ring thrown in the desert. And the rock along with all that it contains, and all that is on it, are upon the back of

the whale like a ring thrown in the desert. And the seven (firmaments), and the

rooster, and the rock, and the whale along with that they contain and what is on them

are upon the dark ocean like a ring thrown in the desert. And the seven (firmaments), and the rooster, and the rock, and the whale, and the dark ocean are upon the

outgoing air like a ring thrown in the desert. And the seven (firmaments), and the

rooster, and the rock, and the whale, and the dark ocean, and the air are upon the

soil (Al-Sarayy) like a ring thrown in the desert'. Then he saww recited this Verse:

"[20:6] To Him belongs what is in the heavens and on earth, and all between

them, and all beneath the soil" . Then the information about the soil (Al-Sarayy) is

terminated. And the seven (firmaments), and the rooster, and the rock, and the whale, and the

dark ocean, and the air, and the soil (Al-Sarayy) along with all that these contain and

whatever is on it, compared to the first sky is like a ring thrown in the desert. And all

of this, and the sky of the world along with what is on it and what is contained within

it, compared to that which is above it, is like a ring thrown in the desert. And these

two skies and whatever these two contain, and what is on them, compared to what is

above these two, are like a ring thrown in the desert. And these three, along with

what is contained within them and whatever is on them, compared to the fourth, are

like a ring thrown in the desert, (and it is like this) until it ends with the seventh. And these and all that is contained within them and whatever is on them, compared

to the ocean hidden from the people of the earth, is like a ring thrown in the desert.

And these seven, and the hidden ocean, compared to the cold mountain are like a

ring thrown in the desert'. And he saww recited this Verse: "[24:43] And He sends

down of the clouds that are (like) mountains wherein is hail" . And these seven,

and the hidden ocean, and the cold mountain, compared to the air which the hearts

are confused about, are like a ring thrown in the desert. And these seven, and the

hidden ocean, and the cold mountain, and the air, compared to veils of the light are

like a ring thrown in the desert. ََ+ ِ+ ٍNَUَْIَآ ُِْGْ!ا َ7ِْ ِرF!ا ْ And these seven, and the hidden ocean, and the cold mountain, and the air, and the

veils of the light, compared to the Chair (Al-Kursy) are like a ring thrown in the

desert'. And he saww recited this Verse: "[2:255] His Throne (Chair) includes the

heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the

Sublime, the Tremendous" . And these seven, and the hidden ocean, and the cold

mountain, and the air, and veils of the light, and the Chair, compared to the Throne

are like a ring thrown in the desert'. And he saww recite this Verse: "[20:5] The Beneficent One, Who is established on the Throne" . (And in the report of Al-

Hassan) ­ `The veils before the air about which the hearts are confused'.

Abu Abdullah asws said, `I asked him asws about the earth, which thing does it rest

upon? He asws said: `It is upon the whale'. I said, `So the whale, which thing does it

rest upon?' He asws said: `Upon the water'. I said, `So the water, upon which thing

does is rest upon?' He asws said: `Upon a rock'. I said, `So upon which thing does the

rock rest upon?' He asws said: `Upon the horns of a bull' I said, `So upon which thing

does the bull rest upon?' He asws said: `Upon the mist'. I said, `So upon which thing

does the mist rest upon?' He asws said: `This is how far knowledge of scholars is

permitted (to reveal) and beyond this is straying'.

Abu Abdullahasws has said that: `The whale which is carrying the earth secretly said

to itself that it is carrying the earth by its own strength. So Allahazwj the High Sent to it

a fish smaller than a palm's length, and larger than a finger. So it entered in its gills

and shocked it. It remained like that for forty days. Then Allahazwj Raised it and was

Merciful to it, and Took it out. So whenever Allahazwj Intends the earth to be in a

quake, Heazwj Sends that (small) fish to that (big) fish. So when it sees it, it becomes

restless, so the earth gets engulfed by the earthquake'.

Imam Ja'far was asked about the Earth, what is it (the Earth) on top of?

Imam Jafar replied: It is on top of a whale (or large fish).

He was asked: And the whale, what is it on top of?

Jafar relied: It is on water.

He was asked: And the water, what is it on top of?

Jafar relied: It is on a rock.

He was asked: And on what thing is the rock?

Jafar replied: On the smooth horn of a bull.

He was asked: And on what thing is the horn?

Jafar replied: On soil.

He was asked: And on what thing is the soil?

Jafar replied: What a strange notion! At this flounders the knowledge of the scholars!

Grading: Saheeh according to Allamah Majlisi

Tafsir of Ibn Abbas(ra) of surah qalam (68:1)

(Nun) He says: Allah swears by the Nun,which is the whale that carries the earths on its back while in Water, and beneath which is the Bull and under the Bull is the Rock and under the Rock is the Dust and none knows what is under the Dust save Allah

Sooooo this is some interesting stuff and I find it very intriguing. I want feedback

Whale = core

Water = magma

Rock = mantle

40000 bull Horns = mountains

Soil = earth/ where we stand

Beyond comprehension:

Either: We say soil rest on gravity and imam(as) couldn't explain to the brains of that time and left it for human to discover

Or: its actually beyond comprehension, things like angels light etc etc

The 40000 came from another place I read about it.