Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I want to knew your opinion on this clip.

There are Muslims who say that this is not allowed in Islam completely, because it is dance and dance is haram.

There also could be ones who believe that this kind of actions changes the appearance of current Islam (which is -unfortunately- known as the religion of terrorists and irrational restrictions) to a very lovely and joyful religion (which actually is )

I would be so thankful if you post your reasons and also (if there is no problem) add your location.

I want to knew how my shia brothers and sisters around the globe think about this and what is their arguments.

God helps you in every stage of your life.

Thank you.

(wasalam)

Edited by Malik.Ashtar

I approve of this! I haven't laughed for days, until I saw this video. The one woman drumming on her husbands bald head, the other woman clapping   underneath each of her legs, the frowning guy who bursts into a smile, the bearded men dancing LOLLLL. I find it very humorous, because its light hearted and dumb. 

I'm not in the business of approving or disapproving what other people do where nobody is harmed by it. My own life and the needs of my loved ones keep me busy enough. But maybe some people have a lot of time on their hands and not much on their minds.

I've seen worse. There is nothing in the lyrics of the song that are un-Islamic. Islam is pro-happiness. 

The only thing that is inappropriate that I saw (I didn't watch the whole video) was women dancing, which

is haram in front of non mahram. If that part wasn't in it, I would say that it's light hearted and funny. 

But because of that, I wouldn't recommend it. I stopped watching when I saw the dancing. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Salam,

What you are seeing is Western Islam. Yes it is a thing.

This video is un-Islamic. Dancing and singing like Westerners? Wth?

Then you would not like to know how common it is in Toronto and the GTA?  Perhaps I should not mention the abaya that gets stuffed into a bag as soon as they are a decent distance from home?

Ok so I finally watched the video. If it had been done all with children it would have been cuter. What do our Sunni brothers and sisters believe about public dancing in a non-alluring way? 

Still say it's best to leave it alone and not judge so long as nobody is hurt by it.

I remember the 60s , the culture was innocent compared to these days , the music appeared harmless , the lyrics just plain silly and the young kids polite and well mannered. It seemed harmless , but when you open the door to :Shaitan , 50+ years later , this entity has run a muck , and I think he's just getting started.

For those thinking this is just fun , or of "best not to judge" opinion , you will reconsider  if you can see the future of how such "innocent " events shape up to something sinister and evil .

To  have witnessed such events is one of the few advantages of being old .

Still say it's best to leave it alone and not judge so long as nobody is hurt by it.

This is called: western individualism, which results in a secular, godless society. Definitely against Qur'an.

Such attitude (individual religion) is even worse than dancing itself, because dancing is one single sin, but this mindset (it doesn't hurt, so it's ok) is the door to countless social sins.

How do you difine "Hurt"? Only physical hurt? only when someone stabs a nife into your body? What about sprtual hurt? What about if someone tries to hurt the divine spirits of those lovedones of yours? To lead them astray? That doesn't hurt? You don't care for your children upbringing?

We have in our ahaadeeth if you guide someone it's as if you have saved his life, and if you lead anybody astray, it's as if you have killed him.

I won't let anyone kill the divine spirit of my lovedones with such activities, I and my children want to live in this society and we have every right to have a modest society.

Edited by mesbah

I understand guiding others, enjoining good, forbidding wrong, all that. But there is a fine line between enjoining good and trying to push our values on others who believe differently. If we have a right to push our values, others with different values have that same right.

I live in a diverse society and I belong to a minority in it. Maybe "live and let live so long as nobody is harmed by it" isn't perfect, but the alternative wouldn't go well for us.

I've seen worse. There is nothing in the lyrics of the song that are un-Islamic. Islam is pro-happiness.

Really, pro-happiness through music/ghina, then 90% of Arab songs are halal?

I don't wanna guide nobody

I wanna be safe, I wanna secure my family life, my marriage, my children.

that's all.

and if the society doesn't change to a modest society, then I'll change my society, I'll move to a modest society.

Yeah I’m sure they’re happy when 276 Nigerian girls are missing, the butchering of Syrians, stolen lands and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians, oppression and imprisonment of the Bahrainis, killing and bombing of Iraqis, Afghanis, Pakis etc… not to mention the starving Somalian babies;  that were all caused by the rich western white men whom they seem so happy to please and appease. So I ask, where are the videos of Muslims outraging against these acts? 

As to answer the OP, there's something wrong with a hijabi and a bearded guy dancing. Why do we have to dance and degrade our religion to make others feel all warm and fuzzy inside? 

You really think that rich western white men forced a bunch of wahabbis to kidnap schoolgirls in nigeria and behead children in syria?

Really?

Poor Wahhabi's and Arab monarchs for being forced to commit all these atrocities against their will. I'm sure deep down they're really good people that are just being manipulated...........

You really think that rich western white men forced a bunch of wahabbis to kidnap schoolgirls in nigeria and behead children in syria?

Really?

Poor Wahhabi's and Arab monarchs for being forced to commit all these atrocities against their will. I'm sure deep down they're really good people that are just being manipulated...........

Where did you read that in the post...?