Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
El-shia

Child Marraige Law In Iraq.

Rate this topic

<<<Regardless of how many narrations i see permitting the practice I will still instinctingly feel repulsed about it. Marriage should be between the grown up who have passed through puberty. A child has no concept of these things. >>>

we will respect your choice but what has it to do with islam? do not wanna offend everybody but its the truth that people often cannot accept the islamic standpoint while they are muslims and insread theysay it is what it is but i do not have to do it, they like to change the laws of our religion 

"...and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know. ... for perhaps in somethingthat you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you ..."

islam is submission to Allah :)

<<<The problem is that they all talk theory...and have not seen the act live.>>>

saw it and still support it

Well, i'd challenge the sources of this law as it's not derived from the Holy Quran, which is the last revelation that contains what needs to be known.

And My personal feelings is that God, as the source of life, has prescribed laws in the nature of beings themselves. Among the animals, companionship & mating between partners doesnt take place until both genders have the ability to bring forth a child. Because marriage among humans is aimed at giving birth to children, both must be at childbearing age at the very least & with the immense technological advancements of the last few centuries we have been able to monitor the development of a human being & know that from a biological & psychological point of few the human being is not fully adult until around 20 - 25 when the brain has developed completely. But marriage between people who are not even developed enough to physically be able to bear child seems to me illogical & not feasible. Because a human is usually nog developed enough to bear child at such a tender age I believe that any marriage at this age would be because of other, social factors, with the goal of producing children when both mates are physically capable of doing so.

The ulema in Iraq should really "step up" now. Yes, I know all of them support shariah. But come on, Iraq should be 100% government by shariah. It just ridiculous. 

It's utter rubbish. In a nutshell, people in Iraq are trying to establish a Ja'fari court system for personal matters, that people can opt to go to instead of the existing court systems. Anti-Islamic parties jumped on this, and started all of this child marriage malarky to stir up controversy. 

How many munafiq people are there in iraq?

Hello,

Halal is Halal. What the West thinks can go to Hell.

You are a spoiled, rude child! 

I am not saying you have to agree with Western views.  But, to talk this way as you enjoy the freedom of the West (Australia).  And after the West has given your family refuge from whatever you Father is running from in Iraq.  Incredibly rude!

Why don't you look up some hadiths on gratitude and humility and put what you learn into practice. 

All the Best,

David

Hello,

You are a spoiled, rude child! 

I am not saying you have to agree with Western views.  But, to talk this way as you enjoy the freedom of the West (Australia).  And after the West has given your family refuge from whatever you Father is running from in Iraq.  Incredibly rude!

Why don't you look up some hadiths on gratitude and humility and put what you learn into practice. 

All the Best,

David

I love Australia, as a country and the freedom it allows. You obviously don't understand, when I meant what the West thinks, I meant, if the Westerners have a problem with such a law. In fact, whoever does have a problem, whether he be Muslim, Atheists... whatever... he has no right to questiom something that is 'halal.

Hello,

In fact, whoever does have a problem, whether he be Muslim, Atheists... whatever... he has no right to questiom something that is 'halal.

Get caught marrying a young girl or hitting your wife in the West and let me know how the above defense works for you.

All the Best,

David

Last night there was a news clip about this family in Southern Afghanistan. Old man marries a young wife and dies few years latter. The son from earlier marriage inherits his father's new family- sells the wife and exchanges the 9 year old step-sister for a new wife. Thats 'halal' for you. There is 'halal' for you.

This topic again. I agree with Wahdat and David here . Too much theoretical discussion without thinking about reality. It's like when kids on ShiaChat defend slavery even though the Qur'an urges freeing of slaves ("but but the Imams had slaves 1000 years ago in Baghdad! So we should totally do it now in the Islamic State of London!")

Look just because there are some hadiths that say such-and-such is allowed, doesn't mean it's necessary or encouraged today. The Imams were speaking to their audience back then. We don't have to emulate everything about them, otherwise we should all ride horses to work too. When they tell their followers something is lawful or unlawful, that is the law but some issues are time/context specific so then it's the law for that context and time and we don't need to follow those rules that don't apply to life today.

Anyone who even thinks about a 9 year old in today's age is a sicko because people develop slower and live longer now.

Edited by ChattingwithShias

Last night there was a news clip about this family in Southern Afghanistan. Old man marries a young wife and dies few years latter. The son from earlier marriage inherits his father's new family- sells the wife and exchanges the 9 year old step-sister for a new wife. Thats 'halal' for you. There is 'halal' for you.

Er no, none of that is halal:

O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good. - Quran (4:19)

Again with the technicalities. Its like someone from US would say that whatever was happening in Iraq could not have been inline with what Thomas Jefferson wrote. Hence not democratic. Tell that to millions of Iraqis who suffered under President Bush.

Er no, none of that is halal:

According to who? you? Well you dont matter.

According to the brother, who matters, it is halal and he could bring one of the many hadiths to claim otherwise.

In fact, none of the Abrahamic Religions have problem with it. Seculars do, however.

Could it be the reason why you are in a secular country as opposed to the Jewish sate or some African or South American Christian state?

Again with the technicalities. Its like someone from US would say that whatever was happening in Iraq could not have been inline with what Thomas Jefferson wrote. Hence not democratic. Tell that to millions of Iraqis who suffered under President Bush.

According to who? you? Well you dont matter.

According to the brother, who matters, it is halal and he could bring one of the many hadiths to claim otherwise.

Could it be the reason why you are in a secular country as opposed to the Jewish sate or some African or South American Christian state?

Im talking about the bit regarding inheriting the family and selling the wife, a jahili arab practice which the Quran condemned (can you see the verse I quoted?).

Edited by Jahangiram

yes of course and there was no need quoting the verse. point was that certain technicalities provide loopholes for the opportunists...that its never black and white as claimed by some in this thread. times change and so should our capacity as thinking and rational human beings. there should be a difference in the level of our thinking than those from 1400 years ago, and those from 1400 years ago than those from 14000 years ago and so on.

That we should use Islam to grow and move ahead in the evolutionary ladder and not shrink and move backwards.