Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

What Do You Think About Wearing Shorts?

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykum wb..

What is your thougts about wearing shorts as a muslim? Because, I used to wear shorts (when I was little), but know I feel it is like "ayeeb" (embarrasing) for myself, because I am muslim.. So, I don't know if I should wear them or not... I would like to your hear thougts, may Allah bless you all..

:)

Doesn't bother me if the shorts are knee length.. and I think thats the ruling for men right? "cover from the navel to the knee"?

All the men in my family wearing long trousers unless we are hiking or going to the beach.. so I suppose choosing shorts over trousers involves setting too. 

This is in Sunni (Malaki, Hanafi, Shafa'ee, Hanbali) Fiqh. 

I found this in another thread you were commenting on: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235020301-hijab-for-men/

"796. While offering prayers, a man should cover his private parts even if no one is looking at him, and preference is that he should also cover his body from the navel up to the knee."

So it seems some shia marja' make reference to "navel to knee" in respect to modest dress code.... Im yet to find a definitive quranic/hadith referance..   :dry: 

Edited by Django

Well i can say that there are different shorts.

There are really uglyyyy short that many guys in my country wears that is very short n ugly. They only wear it cuze its the short of the month or what you call it.

It dont like those at all, makes me disgustinh,

they look like females.

From a girl's PoV, I really don't see any problem with it, as long as it is within limits of Shari'a. (see your marja's ruling)

Besides, in the Middle East summer it's a must-have, trust me. There's also the matter of social conventions that you have to see acc. to where you live, and while wearing shorts outside of gyms/stadiums in some places is considered taboo, in most countries it is very commonplace.

tumblr_m6ou97nZtU1qzmh66o1_500.jpg

I see guys like the one above ag the gym all the time - all ways has me shaking my head (but good for a laugh lol)

Hey!! Some of us have bad leg genetics and cant grow them to elephant legs. I work my legs as much as I work my upper body. At least mine is as defined as I could possibly make them. Its funny cause I think my thighs are growing faster than my legs in size.   :P