Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would You Support An Iranian Annexation Of Iraq?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

THAT   is a tough question.

Part of Afghanistan was part of Persia --until the West divided it off  along the river.

Any real action would have to be done by plebiscite or by Imam Mahdi.

The Kurds would insist on a state constitution with their own opportunities, restrictions, etc.  The use of treaty would be best because honoring a treaty is bound by the Quran.

The other areas...I don't know.

• Advanced Member

Lol just looking at what you have listed under "interests" cracks me up.

In an ideal world, we'd all be one happy Islamic Ummah united under one flag, united by the will of the people and not annexation. In the real world, it already has happened with the Ahwaz province, and it'll never happen with the rest of Iraq.

• Veteran Member

Well, I don't like the word annexation in this respect, because it has negative connotations.

The thing here is, Iran and Iraq are historically bound. Particularly southern Iraq. There are more distinctions/differences between the peoples within Iraq and Iran, than there are between Iranians and Iraqis.

I personally feel the cultural potential for a large-scale (re)unification extends not just to Iran and Iraq but also to Syria and Lebanon. Oh and Bahrain, too.

But of course there are many obstacles to such a plan. Some of them political (i.e. opposition from United States, NATO and all them), some of them from the people themselves (i.e. people who are prejudiced towards others based on language or "race"). Nonetheless, such a country would quickly rise to global preeminence in military, scientific, economic and cultural fields.

But we will have to be satisfied with a widening of economic ties and the creation of a collective security alliance (which to an extent has already happened).

• Veteran Member
On 4/30/2014 at 9:56 PM, hasanhh said:

Part of Afghanistan was part of Persia --until the West divided it off  along the river.

I doubt there ever existed a state or power entity named Persia in history. Farsi however was the lingua franca of the region. I believe that Afghanistan and Iran despite sharing the same language have had very different political history, strategy, and experience. While Iran (Western Iran) has been busy with West (Greeks, Romans, and now Americans), Afghanistan had been busy with Southern and Eastern Asia. Iranian religions shaped Western ones while Afghanistan was the junction for Chinese and Indian exchanges. It was through Afghanistan that Bhuddism was introduced to China and its where many Chinese philosophies found their way into Indian subcontinent and somewhat to the West. Prior to the arrival of Islam Zoroastrian faith was dominant in Iran while Bhuddism in Afghanistan.  

Iranian and Western political experiences could best be explained by the game of Chess where its pure warfare while the Afghani (Central Asian) one by the game of Go which is more about strateg and domination without or with less warfare. Kushans with their tiny population controlled vast parts of India or how Mughuls built their empire in India with a mere 15000 soldiers. 

• Advanced Member

The pre-islamic persian kings chronicler called what is today southern Iraq 'the heartland of Iran'. But annexation is not possible. I believe a confederation is the way to do it if they're serious about it.

The more rabid the salafi war on shi'ism becomes the more united the shi'ites will become