Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Long Shinny Hair Recipes

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have been on a journey for the past months with my hair. I had pretty log hair but decided to cut off a couple of inches because before converting I would damage it a lot with heat styling tools. After wearing the hijab as part of my conversion I did notice my hair was healthier because I had no need to style it with heat the same way I used to. After cutting it the first time I let my hair grow for a couple of months and then went back to finish cutting off the rest of the split and damaged ends. I want to start taking better care of my hair and I've heard several things can be beneficial and can promote hair growth. Like henna and castor oil, almond oil. I was wondering. Does anyone have any recipes that have made a difference on the health of their hair?

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Welcome to islam and mubruk for finding the right path. Argon oil is amazing for the hair, I use it, anything that says argon oil wether its a shampoo or conditioner or mask, I buy it,lol.

The recipe for hair growth and its healthy for the hair, that I know is almond,olive,coconut,cactus oil mix together help the hair grow and it makes the hair shinny. Just add a teaspoon of each and makes it all together and put it the oil on your hand and the put it into your hair. You can leave it over night or for an hour,then rinse it off and shampoo and condition your hair like normal. Doing this twice a week is good for the hair.

I do it every know and then but I always use argon oil and let your hair air dry if you can because blow drying can make your hair dry if you dont use protection sprays for the hair or some sort of oil. You can lightly rub almond all on the ages of the hair when its half dry and the blow dry if you want. I personally let my hair air dry,lol, I only use the blow dryer when am in a hurry to go to a wedding or if am ill and even then I semi dry it,lol.

• Advanced Member

A sister told me to use castor oil to stimulate hair growth so I recently purchased some. I'm trying it out to see how it works. But I also do love Argan oil and one product I have been using that has made my hair softer is the Macadamia Natural Oil line but it is a bit pricier than stuff you find at the drug store or pharmacy. I just figured it would be best to purchase one product for $30 than 5 or 6 for $10 each.

• Advanced Member

I have heard good stuff about caster oil to,some people say it helps your eyelashs grow. But I havnt tried it,so I cant say much about it.

It's better to buy something thats expensive that's affective then something thats cheap that doesnt do much. Natural oils are not that prices, argon oil is in between.

I got this french hair and face mask product, I need to see how it is its not that price I think it will round up to £16.00 pounds in uk money. It says it makes the hair healthy and shinny soo I will try it out and see the results,lol.

Salaam Alaikom :)

1. Stop using all shampoos ,from garnier to head & shoulders, l'oreal Paris.. etc. They ALL contain chemicals that damage hair such as sulfate?  If you actually read the shampoo label, they really contain a lot of chemicals that damage the hair by giving little or temporary curly/straight results .

I would recommend baby shampoo ( very cheap but good) or Aloe Vola (pricey- 20$ for a small bottle -and also good) . My all time favorite is using organic natural watermelon soap . They contain so much vitamins and protein for hair.  and zero chemicals.

2. Henna.

If you have light hair color and are looking for a color , i suggest colora henna powders. They are sold online for 8$.  Even if you have dark hair, try to buy the burgundy one and you will have red-wine hair ! :) 

3. Oil 

Olive oil or canola oil . Not only does it prevent cancer and is an anti-biotic to many diseases,  but it has numerous other benefits, it removes dandruff and all that type of stuff . It keeps the hair extra soft., while nourishing it with vitamin D .  (As you know, when you wear a hijab, your hair is not exposed to the sun that much so its difficult to receive vitamin D)

4. Get a hair cut 

Every month. To remove the split ends, which prevents the hair from growing further 

• Advanced Member

Ok 3 things I use;
Coconut oil (once a week)
Small amount of coffee in my hair conditioner (once a month)
Silicone mix (once a week or whenever im at the gym/able to use a sauna - watch the video and you will understand)

Check out Hudabeauty.com for reviews on the coconut oil and coffee. 
http://hudabeauty.com/2012/12/09/how-can-coffee-instantly-transform-your-hair/

ps Im happy to hear about your conversion! I hope you find assurance and contentment the Quran.. inshallah your journey will lead to jannah xx Edited by Django
  • Advanced Member

I'm excited to try these out. I started using castor oil on my lashes and brows. I'll see how it goes and keep y'all updated on the progress. I am also doing this with my sisters. Neither is a revert (yet iA) so maybe they allow me to show the progress on their hair so you can see the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam aleikum,

I agree with Enlighfen on using shampoos to clean our hair. i was just reading an article on how dangerous & damaging shampoos are for our hair. even i know some people get irritations like redness, itching, dandruff on their scalp & they dint even know its all because of their shampoo. if u research on google they tell u what kinds of harsh chemicals are in it.