Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AS316

Marriage Between Shia Ithnaasheri And Shia Ismaili

Rate this topic

It depends on which type of Ismaili the person you intend to marry is. Dawoodi Bohras are generally Muslim, but Agha Khanis are not Muslim. 

He is Aga Khani but he and his family consider themselves Muslim. Muslim is anyone that believes in Allah, Prophet Muhammed, and the Quran (which they do). They are considered Shia because they believe in Imam Ali and all of the same seven Imams that we do...except then they diverge and now have I believe 49 Imams. So yes they are Muslim, they just practice and believe slightly differently. 

I'm usually of the opinion that most Shia-Sunni marriages are doable, but I don't know about an Shia-Ismaili marriage.  Most of the Ismailis I know have a few beliefs that are a little beyond what I would consider in someone I'd want to marry.  And the ones I know aren't that religious either (eat non-halal, don't pray regularly, etc).

Bismillah.

Salaamun Alaykum.

According to Ayatullah Khamenei, it is permissible to marry with Isma'ili man or woman, if the conditions of marriage is considered and there is no corruption in that marriage. I could not find it in the English version of his official site but it is available in Persian:

http://www.leader.ir/tree/index.php?catid=49

With Duas.

Narsis.

Marriage with any Nawasib is invalid. Ask the Isma'ili guy's views on Imam al-Kadhim [a] first.

They believe that he was a righteous man that covered for his brother Ismail and was martyred for it. Martyrs hold a high position in Islam, right? I doubt such a believe would be called nasb.

can someone tell us more about the ismailis? :)

I only know about Nizari Ismailism, not Musta'ali. But if you want info on Nizarism, message me. I'll try to answer whatever questions you have in a unbiased way.

Since they think Ismail was the chosen imam after imam Sadeq, they allow you to say La'n (damn) other Imams because imamat wasn't their rights do they took over it and claim what was a Lie.

do think this is permissible and if so, will you let it happen? !!!

They believe that he was a righteous man that covered for his brother Ismail and was martyred for it. Martyrs hold a high position in Islam, right? I doubt such a believe would be called nasb.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are some Isma'ilis out there that permit la3n on some of our later Imams and accuse them of lying and falsely claiming Imamate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are some Isma'ilis out there that permit la3n on some of our later Imams and accuse them of lying and falsely claiming Imamate.

According to Imam Khamenei if they do la'an they become kafir and najis, otherwise as long as they hold to the basic principles of the religion like nubuwwa (even if they don't believe in some of the wajibat of the Sharia) they don't have the hukm of kufr and najasah:

:مجرد عدم اعتقاد آنان به شش امام ديگر از ائمه معصومين عليهم السلام و يا عدم اعتقادشان به واجبات دينى و احكام شرعى تا زمانى كه به انكار اصل دين يا نبوت خاتم الانبياء «عليه و آله الصلاة و السلام» منجر نشود، موجب كفر و نجاست نمى‌شود، مگر اين كه از آنها دشنام و اهانت به يكى از امامان معصوم «عليهم السلام» صادر شود.

This does not mean that it is wise to marry them if in some cases it would be permissible. 

Edited by Al-Khattati

Bismillah.

Salaamun Alaykum.

According to Ayatullah Khamenei, it is permissible to marry with Isma'ili man or woman, if the conditions of marriage is considered and there is no corruption in that marriage. I could not find it in the English version of his official site but it is available in Persian:

http://www.leader.ir/tree/index.php?catid=49

With Duas.

Narsis.

You are right Narsis . do you live Iran ?

On 4/28/2014 at 11:02 PM, AS316 said:

hat is the ruling behind this (if there is any)? Can a Shia ithna-Asheri girl marry an Ismaili guy?

There is no problem in the marriage of a Muslim with another Muslim.  The Ismailis are also considered to be Muslims but it is makrooh to marry them because of their deviation from the right path.  However, the marriage is in order. It should be noted that marriage is an important event in every body's life.  It is necessary to give importance to it because it affects one's whole life.  Educating children and protecting them from deviation are highly important.  Although marriage with Isamailis is permissible as per the Islamic law, it may end up in some difficulties because of some religious differences between the parties to the marriage.  Naturally, the differences will lead to some problems for the children; their lives will be affected.  Hence, it is better to avoid marriage with them and to marry someone who is the follower of the twelve Imams and the pure family of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him and his pure progeny.