Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
EhsanR

Man And His Habits Afte 40 Years

Rate this topic

As salaam Alaikum.

I heard from some very reliable and learned scholar that man has to change his habits before he becomes 40; otherwise, he won't be able change them. He said there is a islamic perspective behind it. But, I wasn't able to get his proofs. Completely missed his next lecture. Can someone, who is familiar with this issue, give islamic perspective?

Jazakallah Khair.

As salaam Alaikum.

I heard from some very reliable and learned scholar that man has to change his habits before he becomes 40; otherwise, he won't be able change them. He said there is a islamic perspective behind it. But, I wasn't able to get his proofs. Completely missed his next lecture. Can someone, who is familiar with this issue, give islamic perspective?

Jazakallah Khair.

WS,

I take it that the scholar believes people cannot change after 40 years of age. Are there no reverts after the age of 40? People can change at ANY age, otherwise, one may argue that Allah would ONLY test us until that age of 40, right?

I think what he meant to say is that people are less willing to change after they get older, which often is true because of ego, etc.

Edited by NaveenHussain

(salam) 

Yes, it's a lot harder to change things when you're over 40 . All of your habits are embedded deep into your sub-conscious  mind.

Things you eat , wear, the way you talk , sleep and walk.

Even losing weight is almost impossible , so I urge all of you young brothers and sisters to change and seek nearness to :Allah swt in your youth .

Do whatever it takes to create habits that pleases him .

Do not waste your youth at trivial pursuits like games , useless education , jobs and entertainment.

And spend your life preparing for your :Imam (as) .

This is the best habit to create and keep doing especially after 40 .

ws