Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
baradar_jackson

The Game That Takes You Way Back

Rate this topic

You better believe it!!!

Bro you know how I can play a DOS game on Windows 7?

Google Dos emulators bro, they're couple good ones out there like dosbox. Download the games, put in the command and voila back to epic 90's. Haven't done it my self yet but your question lead me to research on how to do it. Oh yeah, there are step by step YouTube videos too ofc.

OMG bro did you finish Ecco? I never came CLOSE. I got through maybe half of it. And I lost my motivation when I learned that the final boss was impossible.

If you finished Ecco, you're my hero.

Also, I love the King of Fighters, as well. Capcom vs. SNK on the Dreamcast is probably my favorite fighting game, and it features most of the big names from the KOF series.

i deed bro.

In the end the young dolphin meets big dolphin and then they swim around in ocean.

i deed bro.

In the end the young dolphin meets big dolphin and then they swim around in ocean.

Awesome.

Did you ever play "The Tides of Time" for Sega CD? It looks awesome, but I've never played it because I didn't have a Sega CD.

No lol I mean which Bomberman. There was like a million different versions. I'm guessing you had one of the Super Nintendo versions?

Oh oki. :D

I am not exactly sure. I played it on Atari or Sega I think. Maybe it is the Super Nintendo version.

sadly i didnt :(

But you know what? I like the soundtrack of the Genesis version better. Having CD quality sound on a 2D side-scrolling adventure game feels unnatural.

Oh oki. :D

I am not exactly sure. I played it on Atari or Sega I think. Maybe it is the Super Nintendo version.

Shiachat needs to get together and make this happen:

Anybody who had a childhood played this game:

^There is no soundtrack out there comparable to this.

Honourable mentions:

- Street fighter II, as some of you have already mentioned. (Although I could never get Ryu to HADOUKEN!)

- Sonic the Hedgehog I, II (best), and III.

And then came the 21st century...

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

^ Yeah, the Batman game was not as known as other Genesis games like SF, Sonic, or Ecco. I never heard of that MJ game till now.

Played any Zelda?

The only RPG I played as a kid was Pokemon for Gameboy.

And I can't get into them nowadays. It takes way too much time and investment and thinking.

The only time I remember playing Zelda was in a store, with the SNES they had on display. But that was just for a few minutes. Playing an RPG for a few minutes is like reading one line of an 800-page book.

Am I really the only one who grew up playing:-

Cncra-win-cover.jpg

Man those were really the days... Soviet side was so overpowered LOL

Ugh, that game was such a vile piece of propaganda. Love the soundtrack though:

(wonder where they got all those Russians to write and sing for them)

^ I know it was propaganda, but you gotta admit, it was pretty darn cool :D

Another classic I played (and sometimes still play), which wasn't all to popular in USA as much as it was in Europe:-

Knights_and_Merchants_-_The_Shattered_Ki Knights_and_Merchants.png

The slow and realistic pace of base-building and army-amassing is quite fun!

Guys if you haven't played Donkey Kong for Gameboy, you are missing out. It is the best Donkey Game, period.

And it's a huge game. There's like a million levels. And it's a very good challenge but it's not one of those irritatingly cheap games that just wants your suffering. It rewards you for your experience and lets you implement what you learn.

When I came around I found my older, favorite cousin playing video games on his commodore 128 back in the late 80s. The ones that caught my attention were "Ace" and "Gunship". Ace was all about dogfighting, dodging missiles and refuelling in its 8 bit graphical glory. Gunship was even better. A simulator. Fly a apache, kill tanks, avoid flak batteries, get medals and a prestigous personal file, survive crashes if any and keep going. These games required a lot of time and so offered escape into a new world with a bit of power of imagination. Holding two joysticks, one for throttle and other for direction I would bring peace to the world each evening after home work.

I had also played pacman, galaga, donkey kong, mario and the likes but had I not met those two games I would have had a different life. A life free of hours and hours spend on video games. And had I come across anything like pokemon I would have most certainly developed a certain phobia for them.

I haven't experienced either. I've always stayed with personal computers. From commodore to 8086, 286, 386, 486, 586 pentium 1, 2, 3 all the way to the latest core-i. I hate consoles. But I love good console games like Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie (N64)

Goldeneye (N64)

Lode Runner: Mad Monks Revenge (PC)

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic (Xbox)

Dead or Alive (Dreamcast)

Shenmou (Dreamcast)

GTA: San Andreas (Xbox)

Far Cry 1 (PC)

My favourite games of all time... they don't make them like they used to

My experience with video games is more of watching my brothers play them but I still have a lot of nostalgia about them :(

Legend of Kage

Power Stone 2 (awesomeness)

San Francisco Rush (amaaazing game :( )

River City Ransom 

Revolt

Toy Commander

Sonic the Hedgehog (of course)

Sydney 2000

That's all I can think of for now... sigh, the good ol days

Edit:

also these games (that I did actually used to play)

Petz 5

Diamond Caves 

Runescape. Year 2009/2010. Ruined me due to its addiction tbh but I still love it.

Same I used to be addicted 2006-2009. I miss it, a lot of fond memories. 

Edited by dragonfly

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie (N64)

Goldeneye (N64)

Lode Runner: Mad Monks Revenge (PC)

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic (Xbox)

Dead or Alive (Dreamcast)

Shenmou (Dreamcast)

GTA: San Andreas (Xbox)

Far Cry 1 (PC)

My favourite games of all time... they don't make them like they used to

Oh... my... God.

Shenmue.

Yes.

Shenmue. AWESOME.

Yu Suzuki, what a visionary. That game was at least 10 years ahead of its time.

Oh... my... God.

Shenmue.

Yes.

Shenmue. AWESOME.

Yu Suzuki, what a visionary. That game was at least 10 years ahead of its time.

I second that. That graphics,story and fighting very good. I wish I never quit on the sequal. I would have loved to find out how the story ended.

Did any of you guys play this?

250px-2002_FIFA_World_Cup_Coverart.jpg

Man I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember this game featured 33 teams: the 32 teams that actually made the South Korea-Japan world cup... and Israel. In Iran there were some modded versions on the commercial market which replaced Israel with Iran.

But I was always angry about the very fact that Israel was even in the game. First of all, their team sucks. Secondly, they didn't make the 2002 world cup. I understand that later games from this series included more than just the 32 teams, but this was back in 2002. The games only had the 32 teams that made the cup.

Anyway... it was a huge graphical improvement over FIFA 2002. It used a whole new engine, and the details in the crowds and on players' faces were much greater. It was also much less realistic in game play, at least as far as I remember. I remember choosing Senegal and scoring a bunch of goals with Tony Silva (who was their goalkeeper).

I also remember getting angry at my cousin and throwing a CD bag in his face because he would taunt me after every goal-scoring chance i missed. Memories :)

Bro did you know that hard copies of those games go for around 50-60 bucks on ebay?

It's not a rare game. A trillion copies were produced. The ONLY reason it has retained its value after all these years, is because people don't want to part ways with their copies.

Mortal kombat:Armageddon. I remember when me and my cousin used to play the racing game in it, same goes for picking fighters and fighting each other. Mortal kombat: Shaolin monks was also great. Last boss (Shao Kahn) had this very annoying move where he would throw his hammer around the arena and you had to dodge it.