Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Do You Go To Disco?

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum

This is actually shocking and probably also sad.

In my town, there's this disco, you know, so, there's in my class some who have gone to this disco (and will probably go again).. There are also other people who go to disco and you know, so, this is a problem, because if shia-muslims begin to to disco in the GHAYBAH-e-kubra of Imam al-Asr, then it is a huge problem...

So, what's your opinion on this? 

ws, wb

Edited by Ali-F

Nice one. That's actually true: For whom? Do these people do harm on others or do they only harm themselves?

I think you mean its a huge problem if it becomes a social norm. 

I dont think its a problem in general. 

if you don't go to these places (disco etc).. They may think "Why are you so religious"  - and that makes you asocial in a way.

Bismillah.

Salaamun Alaykum.

Regarding yourself, I think this is just an excuse and Satanic temptation. All people, whether religious or not, have trust in religious persons more than others. When they realize your reasons for not going to such a place, they will admire you because you are truly acting according to your faith and they have to be respectful to others' beliefs as they expect others to do so.

But regarding other Muslims, you have also duty and responsibility of promotion of good and prevention of evil (’Amr-i bi Ma‘rūf wa Nahi-i ‘an al-Munkar) of course with its terms and conditions.

With Duas.

Narsis.

It gets better when you are adult. Everyone will be too busy doing their own thing to bother with looking at what anyone else is doing.

People still go to "discos?" :donno:

Anyway, I go to dance practice at the rec room of a local church once in awhile, but I tend to stay away from the "club atmosphere," generally. Though i have been to a couple raves before just for some of the music, that's not really a habit of mine because some of the atmosphere just isn't my bag (rude people, girls dressed like skanks, etc.). For me, this concept of atmosphere is very important, almost as important as the music in question. Two places can play the same tunes, but if the feng shui of the place, if you will, isn't right, it can ruin the musical experience itself just like how the music affects the atmosphere. These days my musical tastes tend to be rather specific, usually a mix of classical, jazz, underground or old school hip hop, very chill out electro music, middle eastern folk music and there aren't very many places where I live which cater to such musical tastes, which in my opinion tend to have a bit more sophistication and artistic merit and also generate a less rowdy or aggressive atmosphere. Aside from a couple hookah bars or jazz lounges, most of the clubs where I live just to cater to the typical party crowd with the usual bass heavy dubstep or your run-of-the-mill r&b or fruity-loops produced rap single aimed at women and I don't really want anything to do with that kind of scene.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

i think its just my inoncence but when i hear of someone that frequents bars, discos and clubs .. i go all like :O  :O

i dont see them the same way again. All my respect has been lost.

For me, people who go to clubs are wild animals.

i have never been friends with people who go to clubs..nor do I know any people who have been there. Except the party crowd you see at campus (but don't know anyone there).

i received an invitation to a bar once and i was like :O  I'm trying to be a follower of the Mahdi ..how can you invite me.

It's not the '80s son, the term is more like 'clubbing'.

And we should not confess our sins to public, also, I see many, many people doing such and drinking buckets of.. :dry:

Still, we must have Husn Ad-Dhan and not second guess people if it comes to that.

Can you leave what other people do, and try to be better than you are now?

Hmm. Yes. Precisely. Can't understand why this stupid topic has lasted for so long.

Edited by Haji 2003