Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bitto

Birthday Celebrations

Rate this topic

A wr wb

Considering the current scenario,we need a fatwa that prohibits birthday parties at home or a hotel or at beach.Since the behaviour in such parties is void of Islamic belief,these need to be strictly prohibited to stop the Muslims from ruining further .Atleast the authority be called competent enough to handle situations like these and alert to the happenings in different places amongst Muslims.

WS wr wb,

Why would we need a fatwa prohibiting birthday celebrations? What if all we do on our birthday is cut cake and spend time with family members? Is this really CELEBRATING? What if I hold this CELEBRATION a day after my birthday, would it still need to be prohibited? How about if CELEBRATED a week after the actual date? What if this isn't an annual thing? For instance, I don't CELEBRATE my own birthday, but if I wanted, I am not averse to buying a cake and eating it with my family.

Edited by NaveenHussain

A wr wb

Who said there should be a fatwa prohibiting eating of cake.You can eat anytime if you afford.What I am saying and most people want is a decent community,so birthday celebration be banned so dancing,singing,indecent behaviour,immodest clothes and mixing of two genders don't take place which is unislamic.So we need a fatwa.

Edited by bitto

This is a bit overboard. I know in my family, all we do on our birthdays, is get togheter at home, have some dinner togehter, cut a cake, everyone sings happy birhtday, cut the cake, drink some coffee, talk then go home. I do not think there is anything immodest, or indecent, or anything actually sinful in that.

A wr wb

Who said there should be a fatwa prohibiting eating of cake.You can eat anytime if you afford.What I am saying and most people want is a decent community,so birthday celebration be banned so dancing,singing,indecent behaviour,immodest clothes and mixing of two genders don't take place which is unislamic.So we need a fatwa.

Well, then one would need to ban wedding celebrations just as birthday celebrations, just to be fair.

A wr wb

Considering the current scenario,we need a fatwa that prohibits birthday parties at home or a hotel or at beach.Since the behaviour in such parties is void of Islamic belief,these need to be strictly prohibited to stop the Muslims from ruining further .Atleast the authority be called competent enough to handle situations like these and alert to the happenings in different places amongst Muslims.

(salam)

But I believe nowadays that Islam religion is blamed of violence , far from kindness and peace by the huge propaganda, and even some Muslim youth are affected by this propaganda plus salfi efforts, we have to look after Fatwas that not only allow holding celebrations but encourage it in order to make some clarification for the noble Islamic teachings.

And regarding to the indecency and obscene actions that may take place in such occasions we have lots of general Fatwas that forbid participating such gathering no matter it is the birthday party or normal weekly party.

It is a very delicate point that as faithful Muslims cease holding such occasions others hold such celebrations full of sins!!

A wr wb

Fatwas are passed for a community ,not a few families say just twenty percent celebrate in the manner stated above like having cake or sweets with family members.But this is not the general scenario.Most birthday celebrations include one or other prohibited way of life,mixing,singing,dancing,clapping hands,generally take place.But if such celebrations are banned like holding a party ,then bad people will be discouraged .It will be Forbidding Evil.

If people are already good,then why fear or go against such fatwas.Good fatwas always help the believer live more peacefully and with respect.

A wr wb

Dear all,in your senses you know these all behaviour is prohibited in Islam, but no fatwa is passed banning such events.If fatwa is passed,nobody will have guts to arrange for such party because then every Moulana and every Imam e Juma will be responsible for implementation of fatwa.