Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Doing A Mannat

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam,

I am sorry if this topic has been discussed before---I am new to this forum so I have no idea if it has.

Anyways there is something that I really want and would like to do dua for. My mother says that doing a "bibi ki kahani" mannat always works and I have found this to be true. But I am wondering if you know of any other mannats that can be done? What about reading ziyarat ashura? 

Any response is greatly appreciated :)

• Advanced Member

A wr wb

Mannat generally means a promise.It can be any good that you promise and later fulfill it.It can be namaz.It can be recitation of Qur'an.It can be arranging for majlis.It can be doing good to your parents,giving charity like food ,clothes or some money.Mannat has some rules like

It should be done when tahir,completed when tahir.

It should be done of halal earnings.

It should be done with ones own money and within reasonable limits generally done..

It should be Islamic like you cannot take a candle stand shaped like a woman or mermaid or animal to Imambargah suppose if you did mannat that if wish fulfilled,you will give one candle stand in Imambargah.The thing should be bought from a Muslim and given to a Muslim and taken to Imambargah or mosque by a Muslim in a state of purity.

• Advanced Member

A wr wb

Yes,it did come true.Many fullfilled wishes,few unfulfilled.But never be discouraged if few wishes are not granted.As I mentioned elsewhere ask in options like if you give me oone of these,then I shall.Be not very rigid and frigid,neither asking too much or show spendthrift nature while doing mannat. Do something which is within your physical ,financial and spiritual essence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Reading ziarat e ashura for 40 days continuously will result in all hajaat being fulfilled.

Imam Hussain doesnt send anyone empty handed from his doorstep.

A mannat can be in any form - that you'll read 2 rakat shukrane ki namaz, prepare food in name of the Imam (Niyaz/Nazar), visit the shrine of the holy Imams (Najaf or Karbala or Mashad).

As long as you are sincere and have faith, and dont ask for haraam, Allah & AhlulBayt will fulfill all your wishes.

If this post helps you, then please remember me in your prayers. Iltemas e dua!

• 5 years later...
Guest Zehra

If we do mannat of ziyarate ashura for 40 days but we face menstruation during that 40 days duration...than the link of constant zikr is interrupted...than what is the alternative for all those ladies who have their cycle regular have hajjat and want to perform this aamal to fulfill their desire..please suggest the alternative method

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Guest Zehra said:

If we do mannat of ziyarate ashura for 40 days but we face menstruation during that 40 days duration...than the link of constant zikr is interrupted

Women should keep their physiology in mind before doing any Mannat.

Ziayarat e Ashura isn't Qur'an. Women are allowed to recite Qur'an in menstruation without touching the words(with a few limitations) so I reckon it should be okay to recite ziyarat Ashura in menstruation taking the precaution of not touching the words, read it from a phone or other device or have someone hold the book for you or get it printed and laminated to be pasted on a wall from where you can recite it in days of menstruation. 

• 2 months later...