Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lordofgemini

Jinns And Prophethood

Rate this topic

Did prophets come from among jinns? Do we have any hadith from our prophet(s) our imams pbut

We all know our prophets (at least some of them) were sent for both jinns and humans.

But what about before Hazrat Adam(a.s) was created.

Salam.

According to a hadith I have read, the jinns who lived on earth before mankind were extremely corrupt, and the text seems to infer that there were indeed prophets sent to the jinn, but they killed them. I unfortunately don't remember the name or source but I have seen both sunni and shia quote the hadith.  This was 2000 years or so before our father Adam (as) was sent to earth.

Edited by blu115

There is nothing mentioned in the Quran,other than shaitan being arrogant of his make of fire and disobeying Allah.So you need to stick to only that what Allah revealed in the Books He sent.

Bismillah.

Salaam.

Firstly I have to emphasize on the point that our knowledge about Jin is so few.

Secondly we can study the position of them in two periods:

1. After Prophet Adam (p): in this period all Prophets to humanity were also Prophets to Jin. (Note: beside Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.a. and Prophet Moses a.s., there is debate between scholars in this regard).

وَ إِذْ صَرَفْنَا إِلَيْكَ نَفَرًا مِّنَ الْجِنِّ يَسْتَمِعُونَ الْقُرْءَانَ فَلَمَّا حَضَرُوهُ قَالُواْ أَنصِتُواْ  فَلَمَّا قُضى وَلَّوْاْ إِلىَ‏ قَوْمِهِم مُّنذِرِينَ قَالُواْ يَقَوْمَنَا إِنَّا سَمِعْنَا كِتَابًا أُنزِلَ مِن بَعْدِ مُوسىَ‏ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَينَ يَدَيْهِ يهَدِى إِلىَ الْحَقّ‏ وَ إِلىَ‏ طَرِيقٍ مُّسْتَقِيم

Be silent" Then when it was finished, they turned back to their people warning them – They said: O our people! we have listened to a Book revealed after Musa verifying that which is before it, guiding to the truth and to a right path (the Qur’an 46:30)

2. Before Prophet Adam (p): there were, certainly, some Prophets among them who were Jin as well because they are Religiously responsible creatures (Mukallaf) and this is rationally impossible for a responsible creature to live without Divine guide (Prophet). Moreover, Allah (s.w.t.) says:

يا مَعْشَرَ الْجِنِّ وَ الْإِنْسِ أَ لَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ رُسُلٌ مِنْكُمْ يَقُصُّونَ عَلَيْكُمْ آياتي‏ وَ يُنْذِرُونَكُمْ لِقاءَ يَوْمِكُمْ هذا قالُوا شَهِدْنا عَلى‏ أَنْفُسِنا وَ غَرَّتْهُمُ الْحَياةُ الدُّنْيا وَ شَهِدُوا عَلى‏ أَنْفُسِهِمْ أَنَّهُمْ كانُوا كافِرينَ

“O assembly of Jinn and men! did then not come to you messengers from among you, relating to you My communications and warning you of the meeting of this day of yours? They shall say: We bear witness against ourselves and this world's life deceived them, and they shall bear witness against their own souls that they were unbelievers” (the Qur’an 6:130)

With Duas.

Narsis.

Edited by narsis