Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaGirl22

Dua Ahad 40 Days, What About Menstruation?

Rate this topic

salam all,

Iv read in quite a few places that one must be Tahir while reciting this dua... however being a sister how can that be possible If we get a menstrual cycle in between that time?

Ws

(bismillah)

(salam) sister, ahsanti!

I have the same question about Ziyaratul Ashura', (the one with 2 x 100 repetitions).

There are no Quranic ayat in it, but it should not be interrupted for 40 consecutive days - so does it mean I should proceed during my cycle?

Any ahadeeth or rulings about that?

(wasalam)

Amina

hey! lol this is a sisters convo. jk... well it says 40 consecutive days...and a girl gets her cycle every anywhere between 21-27 days.

Astrfgfullah, I am sorry, I didn't see that it was in the sisters forum. The topic was visible in the main page. I apologize.

I hope a mod can delete my posts.

Edited by Ali-F

I was actually wondering about the same thing.

What do you mean sister?

I think bitto means that someone should read it out loud to you while you listen. 

Edited by hersheyskisses

(bismillah)

(salam)

Dear sisters, just continue where you left off (prior to menses), it wouldn't be considered a break. It will still counts as 40 consecutive days inshallah. 

(bismillah)

(salam)

That would mean that if I've read the dua for, say, 15 days and then I've got my menses, when it is over I continue reading with the day no. 16.

Is that correct?

Lol ^

I have done both for 40 days.

Wudhu is not required.

I also done salatul layl and took a break and then continued.

I think I'll continue, too. 

I mean, we are allowed to say tasbih and dua during our menses, and basically everything except Salat and Quran, so Allah te'ala would have forbidden the duas as well if it was somehow not appropriate.

Thank you all for your replies, sisters.

Kindest regards,

Amina

Sorry for posting here sisters but this question has come up before somewhere else.

The best time for women to be really connected to Allah swt is when they are pregnant. Not only that they are going through the pains of pregnancy which shed sins like dry leaves in autumn (hadith), but they are also tahir at all times. Dedicate those parts of lives to Dua Ahd and other such 40 day Aamal. 

Sorry for posting here sisters but this question has come up before somewhere else.

The best time for women to be really connected to Allah swt is when they are pregnant. Not only that they are going through the pains of pregnancy which shed sins like dry leaves in autumn (hadith), but they are also tahir at all times. Dedicate those parts of lives to Dua Ahd and other such 40 day Aamal. 

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for a beautiful post, only some of us are not so young any more, have raised our children and plan no further pregnancies, so we'll have to look for another solutions...  :cry:

Kindest regards,

Amina

(bismillah)

(salam)

That would mean that if I've read the dua for, say, 15 days and then I've got my menses, when it is over I continue reading with the day no. 16.

Is that correct?

I think I'll continue, too. 

I mean, we are allowed to say tasbih and dua during our menses, and basically everything except Salat and Quran, so Allah te'ala would have forbidden the duas as well if it was somehow not appropriate.

Thank you all for your replies, sisters.

Kindest regards,

Amina

Salam sister,  I thought we were able to read the Quran as long as we don't touch the words, and as long as our hands are washed prehand?

(bismillah)

(salam) sister, 

As far as I know menstruating women are forbidden to read the Quran (or touch it), except for 7 ayat at one time, and that also only when it is necessary. Ayatul Sajda (ayat where the prostration is mentioned) are not allowed to be read while having menses.

That was the old ruling that I learned soon after becoming a Muslima 20 years ago by my Iraqi sisters, so maybe it is not correct.

Can anyone clarify?

Kindest regards,

Amina