Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lordofgemini

Jantri :s

Rate this topic

Well I heard about this pretty recently. I was wondering about the authenticity and validity of these jantri. And why are shias using such things which are "like horoscopes but not horoscopes". That's how I heard it...

Thankyou.

Edited by Lordofgemini

Imamia jantri, basically published only in Pakistan.

Contains dates. Like these are good Days, awhile these are bad days. Horoscopes in the name if Islam. They call it ilm e jaffar (a.s). Naming children on specific date should start with an M or H etc. Marriage matches. Duas. Saqadah and tasbeeh on specific days.

So many people here follow it, trying to do everything in a good day. Always avoiding bad days.

That's All I currently know of it.

That is right in some part of it however it is not ascribed to Islam.Jaffr is an independent knowledge with many rules but we can not say every single part is accepted.

I myself would much prefer to keep my lifestyle on a routine and usual schedule and follow Ahl al-bayt's teaches    

There are some Hadiths which talk about some days or special periods of time being malevolent, and the Imams have advised us not to do important jobs at those specific periods of time.

For instance, it is quoted from Imam as- Saadiq a.s. that:

مَنْ سَافَرَ أَوْ تَزَوَّجَ وَ الْقَمَرُ فِي‏ الْعَقْرَبِ‏ لَمْ يَرَ الْحُسْنَى.

"He who travels or gets married while the Moon is in Scorpio zodiac, will not see the good [consequences]."

However, a lot of the horoscope stuff that are being done have no authentic basis in the Hadiths of Ahlul Bayt (as).

Edited by sadegh