Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Laayla

Do You Flaunt Your Body?

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum dear sisters.

Search [edited]

Please watch the video. Rethink the way you dress if it is tight revealing clothes.

I can not provide the link because the mods would find some scenes inappropriate to be shown on SC.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

I thought it was a creative experiement to show sisters who dress inappropriately, that they will be targets of unnecessary stares and gawking. When Allah swt asks us to cover up, it is for our own good.

(salam)

It is nonsensical to suggest that the stares received by a woman wearing an abaya and a niqab would be lustful like the stares she might receive if she was dressed indecently. Yes, she may get some odd looks but the two are not comparable.

Wsalam,

I didnt say the looks they get are the same as the ones the munqabait or muhajabat will get. But we can not deny that different people find different things attractive. A muhjaba will be attractive in the eyes of a muslim men but not so some much for a westiner. This is just an example...

Some men have lustful thoughts even for niqabies... It all depends on the man and what he finds attractive and lustful. You could be covered from head to toe and he can find something to fantises about.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahamah Sister Kim.

If she is God conscious and she is looking for self improvement then she will.  This video is evidence to the uncovered muslimah that she is causing unnecessary attention to herself, and shouldn't have non mahram men looking at her as a piece of meat.  

Salam,

Am sure if he dressed up in a abaya and wore niqab,he will to get unnecessary stares..

The experiement was funny,but it will not make some woman change their dress sense for men. The guy's can just lower their gaza...

Yes, the momain brother will lower his gaze, but what about the x amount of men she will pass by everyday who will look at her?  Or perhaps she likes the men staring at her body, then that is a whole different story. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Wa Alikum Assalam Wa Rahamah Sister Kim.

If she is God conscious and she is looking for self improvement then she will.  This video is evidence to the uncovered muslimah that she is causing unnecessary attention to herself, and shouldn't have non mahram men looking at her as a piece of meat.  

Yes, the momain brother will lower his gaze, but what about the x amount of men she will pass by everyday who will look at her?  Or perhaps she likes the men staring at her body, then that is a whole different story. 

Salam sister laylaa,

If shes a believing woman it's a different story. I dont think it's right to address her skin as a piece of meat or any part thats showing. Because by the end of the day she is human like you and I. The experiment proved that men do stare and even some woman do and it showed how some men are homophopic.

The experiement will not make a none muslim or even so called muslim woman change her clothing just because it was proven men will stare. We people need to understand that not everyone dresses a certain way to grap attation but because they feel comfortable or they like it. Am not denying the fact that their are people that dress to impress the oppsite gender,you can even find these type of people in gatherings or even mosques.

Some woman do like unnecessary stares and gain confidence from it... I have seen so called sayad girls and other muslim girls with hijab asking for the same wrong attantion delibrately... Now there are many types of woman out their and not all show because they want people to stare.

If he did that experiemnt in a arab country with him sticking his back side out,am sure he will get people looking at him.

Where in a europen country,so we cant expect there people to see what we see as wrong.

Allah ehdee al jame3,inshallah.

(salam)

It is nonsensical to suggest that the stares received by a woman wearing an abaya and a niqab would be lustful like the stares she might receive if she was dressed indecently. Yes, she may get some odd looks but the two are not comparable.

Sweet assumption but illusory. Ask the women who've visited Saudi Arabia. If they weren't asleep during their visit, they would've noticed this kind of stuff..

[edited]

Edited by Muhammed Ali

With respect Deewan, that video is completely not acceptable.

IA - It was over the top in the way the two men related to each other, but the "eye shopping" and comments they made about the covered women was absolutely correct. 

With complete respect :) I am sorry sister Laayla, I had to remove references to how the video could be found. We don't want to be responsible for other people looking at such videos and then sinning in the process. Your intentions are noble, but here are many other ways to teach people these things. 

IA - It was over the top in the way the two men related to each other, but the "eye shopping" and comments they made about the covered women was absolutely correct. 

There is a misconception among some Muslim women that this doesn't happen in the western world so much. However it happens here too - a lot. Although I can't speak about the Muslim nations (but I have heard that it does happen there) because I have never lived there, I know that in the west non-Muslims (and I have not seen Muslims doing it) do not generally do it to hijabi women.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

With complete respect :) I am sorry sister Laayla, I had to remove references to how the video could be found. We don't want to be responsible for other people looking at such videos and then sinning in the process. Your intentions are noble, but here are many other ways to teach people these things. 

There is a misconception among some Muslim women that this doesn't happen in the western world so much. However it happens here too - a lot. Although I can't speak about the Muslim nations because I have never lived there, I know that in the west non-Muslims (and I have not seen Muslims doing it too) do not generally do it to hijabi women.

Men (Muslim and non Muslim) absolutely do it in the west to non hijabi women and not so much to properly covered women - but in the East - I can only speak of one gulf country that I have experience - "eye shopping" is an everyday past time for men and they look at EVERYONE that gives a hint that they are female. "Eye shopping" is tsk'd tsk'd at - but totally acceptable from what I could see. Uncovered Muslim women was not acceptable though.

I mentioned in another thread about a video of men in KSA OPENLY hanging out under an open stairwell to try and catch a glimpse of a niqabi's ankle.  

Women definitely should be careful about what they are wearing - but that should always be addressed with men's responsibility to lower their gaze. The responsibility does not just fall on women.  I think for the most part, believing women do their part. 

Also - those were not yoga pants in the first inappropriate video posted - as a yoga lover, I take exception!!!  Yoga is done in loose pants.

Sweet assumption but illusory. Ask the women who've visited Saudi Arabia. If they weren't asleep during their visit, they would've noticed this kind of stuff..

[edited]

I agree that there are some places which are worse than others, Saudi Arabia being one of the worse. However, I still believe that if a woman is completely covered (with a niqab) then there is nothing left to stare at.

But of course, I'm not a man so I don't know for sure if its true or not, I can only hope that most men aren't that repulsive.

Wsalam,

I didnt say the looks they get are the same as the ones the munqabait or muhajabat will get. But we can not deny that different people find different things attractive. A muhjaba will be attractive in the eyes of a muslim men but not so some much for a westiner. This is just an example...

Some men have lustful thoughts even for niqabies... It all depends on the man and what he finds attractive and lustful. You could be covered from head to toe and he can find something to fantises about.

There is nothing left to find attractive, everything is covered.

Tbh if I was a man I would be really offended by that.

I agree that there are some places which are worse than others, Saudi Arabia being one of the worse. However, I still believe that if a woman is completely covered (with a niqab) then there is nothing left to stare at.

But of course, I'm not a man so I don't know for sure if its true or not, I can only hope that most men aren't that repulsive.

All women in niqab and two of them iin groups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbsmSgqKg-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeO7R1UPF0   

Not niqab but covered   ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDwnOEBO6dA 

Edited by Maryaam

I dont understand why you be offended?

Their are men that find even the covered attractive. Maryaam's videos is enough to prove that. Am suprised that some of the woman dont know this, that even if your covered you will get attantion from different men. In egypte woman that wore hijab where more sexually assulted then the none muhjabat,werid right? You probably didnt even know that. Different men have different desires, you cant speak for some men because you are not aware of what they find attractive, will that's what am seeing from your comments,your just jumping into conclusions without trying or attempting to understand what am trying to address.You should do more reasearch into it and then comment about the issue.

I understand it may seem strange, werid, that some men find a fully covered attractive but remmber that some men if not the majority want to know what's underneth the abaya,niqab,they fanatises about what is inside. I too found that strange but it's the truth for some men...

M3salam