Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
14ers

Can My Wife Have Breast Implants

Rate this topic

Question: Can my wife get breast implants?

Answer: Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgeries available in the modern world. Close to half a million women undergo breast implantation every year....Link to answer

Yes, it is permissible, BUT...

How about chest reducation, I cant find the answer for that. But am asuming it's okay because if cosmotic surgery is okay,then surelly that's okay.

I cant find the answer on sistainis (ha) site either...

Some woman get implants because one chest is bigger then the other or because of medical condition they faced that recuired them to lose there real chest,so they had to or wanted to get implants to make them feel the same as before. You do have woman that get them to look more appealing for their men or for themselfs.

I do think the media plays a big role in this aspecte because their seems to be a number of people under going surgery just to look like celebrities and to feel good about their outter appereance.

Breast implants are unhealthy and pointless.

Ditto

I dont understand how it is halal (I accept that it is though), to implant a foreign object in your body - for the sake of media-marketed esthetics. There are class action lawsuits against companies that make these things - due to serious health issues and drifting materials from leaked prosthetics. They are not safe enough to even contemplate.  They have to be placed and later exchanged under full anaesthetic and puts you at risk of infection or possibly death if you have a reaction to any of the chemicals pumped into you for these procedures.

Edited by Maryaam

Guys, girls, chill -

Islam does allow all kinds of fixes if it helps to preserve a family unit, but I guess anything beyond braces is totally unneeded.

In a bigger scheme of things, sex is way overrated and the beauty of womankind is even more overrated. As long as people get these two often and without much fuss, man would be much more productive and inclined towards the purpose for which Allah swt created them. A simple economic rule of 'perceived value' goes down as the 'supply' increases.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

A lot of times a women's breast will get bigger after pregnancy. So you could wait until you have kids with her. Its more natural that way and you wont have to worry about complications that come with surgery. I know sometimes women lose sensation in their breasts after it or cannot breastfeed future kids or have weirder complications.

Is that allowed??

Dunno. But your post isn't. Sorry.

With topics such as this one the discussion has to remain totally focused and serious.

Edited by Haji 2003

(bismillah)

(salam)

I dont understand how it is halal (I accept that it is though), to implant a foreign object in your body - for the sake of media-marketed esthetics.

This post is not directed at you, but at a very important point you inadvertently brought up. Insha'Allah it is of benefit.

So many things are 'halal' that are implicitly actually haraam, in a way...

"Say to them, "Are the blind and the seeing equal?" Why then do you not think?" (6:50).

The Quran commands us to use our intellect. In the same way tattoos, male ear piercings, dying your hair pink as a male, doing base-jumping off buildings with a high likelihood of dying is halal, breast implants are too. But do you think a person in Imam Mehdi (as)'s army will have any of these?

End of the day, Allah constantly tells us to use our brains. He has made things Haraam for us that may not have easily been recognized by our intellects to be detrimental, such as pork, and has therefore guided us at a basic level. Other things he has left to our intellect to decide. The power of the intellect is very strong and it is the best creation given to mankind. The fact that we don't use it shows our lack of thankfulness to Allah.

We are not 2 year olds that need a fatwa in every single situation to distinguish between right and wrong. The Quran metaphorically 'facepalms' at the stupidity of mankind in that verse. Why do we not think indeed...

Bottom line: It may be halal and mubah, but that doesn't mean it is the right choice. Again, this all goes back to the Sharia diagram here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235021806-marital-rape-a-husbands-right/page-5#entry2693215

“The beginning of all things, their origin, their force, their prosperity, is that ‘aql [Reason/Intellect] without which one can profit from nothing. God created it to adorn His creation, and as a light for them. It is through ‘aql that the servants recognize that God is their Creator and that they themselves are created beings, that He is the Director and they are the directed, that He is the Eternal and they are the ephemeral; they are guided by their ‘aql when they observe God’s creation, His heavens, His earth, His sun, His moon, His night and His day…It is thanks to ‘aql that they can distinguish what is beautiful from what is ugly, that they realize that darkness is in ignorance and that light is in Knowledge”–Abu ‘Abd Allah Ja‘far ibn Muhammad al-Sadiq (A.S.)

(Al-Kafi)

We have been commanded to use our intellect. If our intellect tells us this 'halal' thing is clearly detrimental, then we must stay away from it. This is part of Islam. We skip that and refer to Sharia alone and this is where we fail. As I said in the other post, we must go above and beyond Sharia. It is the two loafs of bread in a sandwich. Our 'aql fills the inside of the sandwich itself... The meat and lettuce and whatever else. We are not robots acting ok a set of instructions. Yes, those instructions are there to guide us, but we are autonomous beings and have been commanded to make our own decisions from time to time. I guess it is too hard for some people to do this... Think. Reflect. Make wise decisions. People forget this aspect of Islam and work on fatwas 24/7. That mindset is detrimental to society and personal spiritual development.

(Wasalam)

Edited by Hazyn